PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER xmas, new yeara nd birthday with no drinking !! What you doing instead ?

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Now dont get my wrong im not an alcoholic but i like a glass of wine 1-2 times a week and xmas well i like to drink baileys like no tomorrow and my birthday i enjoy a few drinks too. This is pregnancy number 4 and all 4 have fallen in october / nov / dec meaning this will be my 4th xmas with no drinking, i also miss new years eve which is also our wedding anniversary and i miss my birtday celebrations in february . pART OF ME WISHES ID WAITED UNTIL ALL THIS WAS out of the way and i could have got pregnant in feb and not missed any special events and popped baby out before it all started up again .....

What will u guys be doing to cheer yourself up / celebrate without drinking while everyone around us is getting a bit tipsy ? I ave a feeling staying up late playing board games is instead me being tucked up in bed at 9pm !! ha ha

LO123
December 5th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I hear you, the Christmas parties at work have already started and it is hard. I too don't drink a lot but I do like a glass of wine after a stressful day at work and it is really hard at present not having it. At Christmas i am thinking of making mocktails so atleast it is still a bit fancy....

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I like having mocktails too, they are surprisingly yummy, refreshing and good for bubs. I will just be the designated driver as usual and be off to bed early.

NearlyDone
December 5th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Iv found the more kids iv had the less i naturally drink....have only drank 3 times since having my son(hes 2 now) can never face the thought of looking after them with a hangover lol

luckylass
December 5th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Iv found the more kids iv had the less i naturally drink....have only drank 3 times since having my son(hes 2 now) can never face the thought of looking after them with a hangover lol

This exactly. I used to love the celebrations around Christmas and the New Year but can not really be bothered drinking when I know I have little ones to face in the morning. Crying little ones and hangovers do not equal a happy mammy. This is my third out of the last four christmases that I will be pregnant so haven't really paid it too much heed this year. However Mum23Boys now that you mentioned it I did love Baileys at christmas, yummm.

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I think im going to have to stock up on non alcoholic beverages to make sure i have a wide selection of drinks to hoose from so i dont get bored.

Pearl327
December 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
If you like mulled wine, M&S do a lovely non alcoholic mulled fruit punch. Also I will be stocking up on the non alcoholic beer for the Christmas. Also the Lorina French lemonade is lovely and has to pop, to open too. That is on special in Tesco at the min

3boys
December 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I'm exactly the same, my birthday is in January so I miss out on it all this year too! I like the idea of getting myself some special non alcoholic drinks for Christmas day!

Atsaukina1
December 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
you can have a drink to toast new years eve:)