PDA

View Full Version : Baking soda to sway for a boy?

Momofboys
December 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ive been to other forums and read that using baking soda increases cm and also ups the anty for a boy.. Any thoughts or success stories?

NearlyDone
December 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I did baking soda finger when swaying for my son

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Its "supposed" to raise PH and therefor help boy sperm to survive in the vagina, pretty sure the PH theory is debunked though, and preseed is the way to go if you are swaying boy.

dloui128
December 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I tried the baking soda finger a couple of cycles and kept getting BFN, the cycle I didn't use it is when I got my BFP

Momofboys
December 7th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Thank you ladies. I tried the whole bding on O day and it failed 2 cycles. I know the boy swimmers are faster but the girls live longer. So I guess Ill have to figure something else out....
I may still use the baking soda again this month it really helps with cm as I don't get a lot and I NEVER get EWCM :(

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
The boy swimmers are NOT faster and girl swimmers are NOT longer lived, that's been totally debunked and Tamara on IG will confirm that. :)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

Timing has also been debunked and you are right, BD on O day has sh-- odds of conception and doesn't sway anyway. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

the problem with baking soda is that the stuff you get from baking soda is not necessarily EWCM. Your VJ makes fluid to try and wash away the baking soda and people notice increased vaginal discharge and think it's EWCM, but it isn't necessarily the case.

My fear is, you've already gotten 4 boys WITHOUT baking soda, right?? So why introduce this unknown thing into the mix, why mess with success?? The people who may have success with BS are those who've had several girls, you haven't, it's likely you are already more boy friendly than the average gal to begin with.

Honu
February 19th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Reviving another old thread...wondering about trying the baking soda finger idea. I did preseed and got a girl, plus I feel like then slipperyness runs out fast and then it is weird!

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Please don't do it. We are getting great results without it and have seen nothing but trouble with it. (vag infections, much lower odds of conception)

If you don't love the Preseed, don't use it. I got 4 boys without it. As long as you have some natural lubrication that's fine!!

Here is my old essay on baking soda, but be aware I no longer recommend it and I 110% do not believe it enhances fertility. Experience has shown pretty clearly that it has the opposite effect.

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-boy-best-practices/1444-baking-soda-basics.html?1444-Baking-Soda-basics=

WantALittleBlue
February 19th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I tried the baking soda finger a couple of cycles and kept getting BFN, the cycle I didn't use it is when I got my BFP
Same here when i was on ingender and swaying blue with ds1 every cycle i did bs finfer got bfn when i stopped i got bfp. This time around i used preseed on one attempt and got my ds2.

zi83
February 28th, 2015, 07:56 AM
so cant we use both preseed and then bs finger??

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2015, 02:20 PM
If I thought baking soda was right for you, Zi, I would have put it in your sway plan.

I really, really, really do not recommend it. We are getting BETTER results with just Preseed than all the other sites with their BS fingers (and if they claim differently, they are lying) are and we are also getting BFP within 1-3 months for most blue swayers. The other sites are having much lower odds of conception and people end up gaining tons of weight on the boy diets that way.

The baking soda stuff doesn't work. It is inferior to Preseed and MUCH inferior to natural EWCM. Please don't use baking soda. The ONLY reason why I don't delete it NOW is because the other site has such terribly illiterate instructions that they are nearly impossible to decipher, especially for people who do not speak English as their first language. Baking soda can be dangerous and I have kept my instructions up so people can use what I wrote if they insist on using it, but I do not and never will recommend it.