PDA

View Full Version : how i made my girls

gizmo77
March 31st, 2011, 02:43 PM
hi just thought id post here to give some of you guys some of my personal expereince. i defly di dnot sway fo rmy 2 girls didnt even know what swaying was. and its weird as i read these diets and practices (for boys) bc i feel like ihave been or did those things but still no boy. im swaying boy this fall.

as far as diet, i remember eating mostly chicken. i alternated chk and beef for dinner but 4 days chk and 3 days beef usually (just bc it was healthier and more recipes for chk). when i was a teen i became lactose intolerant so i completey stopped milk/most dairies. if i had ice cream, id drink a glass of water after (i wasnt TOO bad with the lactose). then in my 20s i realized i needed to add more calcium, so i started calcium supplements on top of prenatals (when i started TTC), plus extra dairy: yogurt, ice cream, cheese on EVERYTHING. i am a HUGE cheese fan. i also LOVE salt (so i dont know why i didnt get a boy), i salted everything, always on the PC. i did diet to lose weight prior to my TTC then stopped dieting a month before TTC, adding back my carbs slowly. and i had a banana a day. always had dessert after dinner too. (no choc tho or caffiene).

as far as ovulation/timing, i had it all wrong. i thought i O'd as SOON as i saw EWCM (didnt know you actually O on the last day or day after it ends). so as soon as i saw it (even if it was creamy or wet), i rushed to have sex everyday, used preseed, propped my hips up, etc. for my 2nd baby, we were both stressed bc my husb was stressed at work and i was stressed about getting pg, we had to do it during the wkday (and my husb has a low sex drive as it is and is exhausted from work) so it was stressful. (doesnt stress sway boy?).

i was also doing cardio (step) formy 2nd girl. before and after i got pg.

then i was thinking about my mom (she has 2 boys and me a girl). they (my parents) mostly eat beef, eats bananas almost everyday, oversalts everything, rarely anything sweet and barely any dairy at all (lactose intolerant). she also only eats like 2 large meals a day with salty snacks in between.

so i think for me and my body..it was the calcium (not saying i regret my 2 princesses at ALL..just looking in retrospect). and the beef.

normally im pretty competetive (in games or activities..not in relations with ppl) and ive been a 'tomboy' my whole life. so i never could even imagine me with a girl let alone two! so it was quite surprising. everyone was. i saw myself as high in testosterone naturally, but hey i guess im a girl at heart! or in uterus! bad joke.
thats all i can think of..good luck to everyone!

Glittergirl
March 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Wow that is interesting. It could be the calcium, or just luck. Like they say swaying is not 100% and a lot of girls do EVERYTHING opposite of what they did with their other kids and still end up with the same sex. LOL! I had a typical boy diet and weight training 1 day a week, the rest i did cardio, some days pretty intense too it could just be our pH. maybe you normally have a low pH. before I started all this, mine was in the 7's and it takes A LOT for me to bring it to the 4's.

pinksapphire
March 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
The one thing that struck me was that you said your DH has a low sex drive which I believe means he may have low testosterone which then sways girl. Maybe it was more of your DH's makeup than yours that got your two girls. :)

Good luck swaying boy!!!! :)

gizmo77
April 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
The one thing that struck me was that you said your DH has a low sex drive which I believe means he may have low testosterone which then sways girl. Maybe it was more of your DH's makeup than yours that got your two girls. :)

Good luck swaying boy!!!! :)

youre right, could be. i mean he was all about it once we got married but we moved overseas right away, a new job, etc thus a lot of stress...
thats why i want him to try to boost his testosterone durin g my sway. who knows!
;-)

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
I LOVE posts like this because it just goes to show you that it is what is going on inside your body that counts the most and not any one or two or ten things you do or don't do. No one should beat themselves up because they broke down and ate a banana on the girl diet or had a scoop of ice cream on the boy diet, because there are plenty of people who don't sway and still get a baby of a gender other than they "should". If your body "thinks" it's time to have a girl, you'll be more likely to conceive one, and if your body "thinks" it's time to have a boy, you'll up your odds of blue. And this is true whether you eat cranberries every day and weigh 98 pounds or if you're a professional arm wrestler who lives on Big Macs.

gizmo, I think you have a lot of wiggle room in terms of your sway. Stress can sway blue but chronic, long term stress sways pink esp. in men and it sounds like that's what your husband is under. DTD every day can lower sperm count even more so if you were really trying hard to get pregnant, you may have inadvertently swayed pink if your DH has low T and a low count. There is also the idea that lower fertility sways pink and higher fertility sways blue, so it may be that you were a little less fertile during those months when you happened to try due to factors like illness, stress, vitamin deficiency, that you didn't even realize was going on.

For your blue sway I would do what you've been doing, cut back on calcium if you like, with more emphasis on healthy, balanced eating with lots of fruits and vegetables, with special emphasis on supplements that boost egg/sperm quality and Robitissin or Mucinex for EWCM.

Your basic nature (competitive and tomboy) will totally be working for you so embrace it!

ELP
April 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I have a couple of Q's if you don't mind Giz:) Have you ever been on bcp? and how much weight did you lose prior to DD2?

Atomic I've been meaning to ask, how long after weight loss do you think is good for ttc blue? If I'm not lucky this month then I may take a month off to shed a fast few pounds that 1st month but would that mess up the next month do you think?

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 01:47 PM
I have a couple of Q's if you don't mind Giz:) Have you ever been on bcp? and how much weight did you lose prior to DD2?

Atomic I've been meaning to ask, how long after weight loss do you think is good for ttc blue? If I'm not lucky this month then I may take a month off to shed a fast few pounds that 1st month but would that mess up the next month do you think?

As long as possible, at least three months. Is there any way that rather than losing weight you could focus instead on lifting weights and building muscle? That way you will look thinner even if you stay at the same weight, and if you loose a couple pounds in the meantime it won't matter because your muscles will be growing at the same time.

If you do decide to lose, jsut make sure you are eating plenty of protein so more of the weight will be from the fat while maintaining your muscle mass.

gizmo77
April 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I LOVE posts like this because it just goes to show you that it is what is going on inside your body that counts the most and not any one or two or ten things you do or don't do. No one should beat themselves up because they broke down and ate a banana on the girl diet or had a scoop of ice cream on the boy diet, because there are plenty of people who don't sway and still get a baby of a gender other than they "should". If your body "thinks" it's time to have a girl, you'll be more likely to conceive one, and if your body "thinks" it's time to have a boy, you'll up your odds of blue. And this is true whether you eat cranberries every day and weigh 98 pounds or if you're a professional arm wrestler who lives on Big Macs.

gizmo, I think you have a lot of wiggle room in terms of your sway. Stress can sway blue but chronic, long term stress sways pink esp. in men and it sounds like that's what your husband is under. DTD every day can lower sperm count even more so if you were really trying hard to get pregnant, you may have inadvertently swayed pink if your DH has low T and a low count. There is also the idea that lower fertility sways pink and higher fertility sways blue, so it may be that you were a little less fertile during those months when you happened to try due to factors like illness, stress, vitamin deficiency, that you didn't even realize was going on.

For your blue sway I would do what you've been doing, cut back on calcium if you like, with more emphasis on healthy, balanced eating with lots of fruits and vegetables, with special emphasis on supplements that boost egg/sperm quality and Robitissin or Mucinex for EWCM.

Your basic nature (competitive and tomboy) will totally be working for you so embrace it!

thx atomic, ill try those. im saying in sept so i have time to prep. thast why im trying to get all my questions out to have a plan. the hard part will be for dh to be stress free. he is usually stress. he naturally since an early age has a hard time coping with stress (bc he was always given a lot to do..usually at school. he achieves to do the best, but thinks about things constantly before carrying out tasks, whereas i hate stressing aboutthings so i just do things without thinking usually, or think faster than him!). so i think yorue right about dh's stress swaying pink. maybe ill have him take vaca days when i O. i dont know about his fertility, just that its enough bc its always worked the 1st time of ttc. so im assuming heis good in that arena, but you never know plus he is 3 yrs older than our 1st girl.
are supplements ok to start 6weeks prior to ttc (verse months bfore ttc. bc i plan to start the boy diet like 2-3 months before sept. but dont want to overspend on supplements that early).

gizmo77
April 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM

elp, ive never been on the pill in my entire life. condoms only. prior to DD2, i lost about 15-20pounds over a period of like 6 months maybe? well i pretty much started to lose when DD1 was about 6 months. i had pregnancy weight to lose (i stopped breastfeeding at 5weeks due to illness and i had to be steroids so that made me gain even more weight or rather maintain my pregnancy weight). by the time i weaned off my prednisone (steroid) dd1 was about 4 months. and i didnt actively start working out till she was like 6-7months and my diet was no carbs, no sugar (basically atkins or south beach diet.) and i was 2 lbs away from my goal when i got pregnant 11.5 mos after my first delivery.

HTH!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
thx atomic, ill try those. im saying in sept so i have time to prep. thast why im trying to get all my questions out to have a plan. the hard part will be for dh to be stress free. he is usually stress. he naturally since an early age has a hard time coping with stress (bc he was always given a lot to do..usually at school. he achieves to do the best, but thinks about things constantly before carrying out tasks, whereas i hate stressing aboutthings so i just do things without thinking usually, or think faster than him!). so i think yorue right about dh's stress swaying pink. maybe ill have him take vaca days when i O. i dont know about his fertility, just that its enough bc its always worked the 1st time of ttc. so im assuming heis good in that arena, but you never know plus he is 3 yrs older than our 1st girl.
are supplements ok to start 6weeks prior to ttc (verse months bfore ttc. bc i plan to start the boy diet like 2-3 months before sept. but dont want to overspend on supplements that early).

I think that sounds like a great plan! Good luck!

ELP
April 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
elp, ive never been on the pill in my entire life. condoms only. prior to DD2, i lost about 15-20pounds over a period of like 6 months maybe? well i pretty much started to lose when DD1 was about 6 months. i had pregnancy weight to lose (i stopped breastfeeding at 5weeks due to illness and i had to be steroids so that made me gain even more weight or rather maintain my pregnancy weight). by the time i weaned off my prednisone (steroid) dd1 was about 4 months. and i didnt actively start working out till she was like 6-7months and my diet was no carbs, no sugar (basically atkins or south beach diet.) and i was 2 lbs away from my goal when i got pregnant 11.5 mos after my first delivery.

HTH!Hmm, so there was nothing pink going on there either, really I would have thought a boy for No2 even! But she sneaked through:)