PDA

View Full Version : What should your natural (not swaying) pH be?

fignewt74
March 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
First of all, I just want to thank Atomic for creating this site. I found it a few days ago and am loving all the info!
I was reading one of the many sticky posts, and it said that a normal woman's pH is between 4 and 5. Is this right? If that is the case, then maybe all the stuff I've been doing for 4 months (diet, supplements, lime tampons, aci-jel) haven't changed my pH at all. I've been so excited that my pH is always between 4 and 4.7, but maybe that is just what any woman's pH is naturally. (Since I never checked my pH before trying to sway, I would have no clue if it was higher before.)
But, if it is true that most women have a pH of 4 to 5, then how do people who aren't swaying conceive boys at all? Don't the boy sperm like a pH of 8 or so?

Coccinelle33
March 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
i think what your wanting is your fertile cm to be very acidic and not go up like it normally does? mine has always been low as well but will shoot up around ovulation. so with all the stuff were trying to keep it down the whole time.

Glittergirl
March 31st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Ooooo good question. before I started swaying I was in the 7's....maybe that's why I had all boys. Now I'm able to keep it lower.

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 04:29 PM
I heard that normal ph while on a completely balanced diet is about 6-6.5... 4.5- for a girl type diet and 7+ for a boy type diet.

I bet my ph in winter is in the girl zone because we eat far less then and in the summer I know it is best for boys because thats when we got our boys. I never realized the major affects of food on the body who would have thought eating something would affect your cm ph!

Indira
April 2nd, 2011, 06:58 AM
I´m interessed in this too, my pH only drinking peppermint tea is 4 going up to 4,7 on O, I thought this was strange but maybe it´s normal then.
If I diet and take supplements will my pH get to low?

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
First of all, I just want to thank Atomic for creating this site. I found it a few days ago and am loving all the info!
I was reading one of the many sticky posts, and it said that a normal woman's pH is between 4 and 5. Is this right? If that is the case, then maybe all the stuff I've been doing for 4 months (diet, supplements, lime tampons, aci-jel) haven't changed my pH at all. I've been so excited that my pH is always between 4 and 4.7, but maybe that is just what any woman's pH is naturally. (Since I never checked my pH before trying to sway, I would have no clue if it was higher before.)
But, if it is true that most women have a pH of 4 to 5, then how do people who aren't swaying conceive boys at all? Don't the boy sperm like a pH of 8 or so?

FANTASTIC question and thank you for asking it because that does need clarification. You probably already know a lot of this but I'll just spell it out for anyone who doesn't.

The normal pH of your vaginal secretions are between 4 and 5 to kill off harmful organisms. However, for swaying purposes you want to know what the pH of your cervical mucus is, particularly your pH at ovulation. CM pH is typically quite a lot higher than vaginal pH but during your infertile days there is a thick plug of mucus blocking the entrance to your vagina so very little CM comes out during your infertile days. As ovulation nears, your cervix softens and this plug dissolves, and if you are very closely monitoring your cervix you can actually kind of notice this happening. Without the plug and with a larger opening in the cervix, the CM (which is now more alkaline and also much more plentiful) begins to flow out and it raises your pH into the 7's which is the healthy pH of both EWCM and semen, at which maximum numbers of both X and Y sperm survive. It is a matter of debate whether boy sperm really like super high pH and girl sperm like super low pH, or if higher pH sways instead by ensuring more sperm survive to make it to the egg and somehow higher numbers of sperm sway blue while fewer sperm (because less survive in lower pH) sway pink. Either way, the result would be the same.

For TTC pink you want less, thicker, and lower pH CM than you normally have and for TTC blue you want more, thinner, and higher pH.

For info and tips on how to check pH accurately read this: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2065-How-to-check-pH-for-DH-and-DW
For more info on CM and your cervix read this:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1642-Tracking-the-three-primary-fertility-signs-(BBT-cervical-position-and-CM)&highlight=tracking+primary+fertility+signs

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
I´m interessed in this too, my pH only drinking peppermint tea is 4 going up to 4,7 on O, I thought this was strange but maybe it´s normal then.
If I diet and take supplements will my pH get to low?

Your pH can absolutely get too low and you also need to have SOME EWCM in order to get pregnant at all. Both X and Y sperm thrive in pH of 7s and that is the pH that is best for achieving a pregnancy.

fignewt74
April 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks so much for the clarification, Atomic.
So, what pH is too low? And is there anything we should do to raise pH if its too low?

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
If your pH gets too low, ease off of cranberry, aspirin, Crystal Light if you are using those things and stop using antihistamines (so the naturally alkaline EWCM can come back). And obviously if your pH is very low you do not need to douche or use any of the jellies.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
I also clarified this in the "checking pH" thread and I thank you again for a thoughtful question that helped me improve the info on the site.

Hana
December 5th, 2013, 02:57 PM
FANTASTIC question and thank you for asking it because that does need clarification. You probably already know a lot of this but I'll just spell it out for anyone who doesn't.

The normal pH of your vaginal secretions are between 4 and 5 to kill off harmful organisms. However, for swaying purposes you want to know what the pH of your cervical mucus is, particularly your pH at ovulation. CM pH is typically quite a lot higher than vaginal pH but during your infertile days there is a thick plug of mucus blocking the entrance to your vagina so very little CM comes out during your infertile days. As ovulation nears, your cervix softens and this plug dissolves, and if you are very closely monitoring your cervix you can actually kind of notice this happening. Without the plug and with a larger opening in the cervix, the CM (which is now more alkaline and also much more plentiful) begins to flow out and it raises your pH into the 7's which is the healthy pH of both EWCM and semen, at which maximum numbers of both X and Y sperm survive. It is a matter of debate whether boy sperm really like super high pH and girl sperm like super low pH, or if higher pH sways instead by ensuring more sperm survive to make it to the egg and somehow higher numbers of sperm sway blue while fewer sperm (because less survive in lower pH) sway pink. Either way, the result would be the same.

For TTC pink you want less, thicker, and lower pH CM than you normally have and for TTC blue you want more, thinner, and higher pH.

For info and tips on how to check pH accurately read this: How to check pH for DH and DW (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2065-How-to-check-pH-for-DH-and-DW)
For more info on CM and your cervix read this:Tracking the three primary fertility signs (BBT, cervical position, and CM) (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1642-Tracking-the-three-primary-fertility-signs-(BBT-cervical-position-and-CM)&highlight=tracking+primary+fertility+signs)
so does this mean that women having boys probably did bd around ovulation when ph was high naturally even though they were not even swaying???

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
No, it doesn't mean that, many people's pH goes up even a full week before ovulation because they start to make EWCM.