PDA

View Full Version : Oil

swish
March 31st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if it's ok to fry with olive oil spray that uses basically no fat!! Or is it better to use no salt margarine or butter - I'd much prefer butter if that's ok, I hate margarine!!
Also does anyone know a good recipe for low sodium bread?

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 04:33 PM
Some oils don't heat up very well and also it can change the taste of that oil..... fast food uses veg/soy oil because it last longer and doesn't change until it is bad.

Are you frying or just using the a skillet to cook? Cooking spray has water in so it is far less fat then plain oil, I would say it is ok. I heard from IG that corn oil is good but I am not sure... Anyone know?

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
I prefer corn oil to olive oil because olive oil has more good fat.

Margarine vs. butter is a toss up, butter has more good fats but it is really hard to find no/low sodium margarine. In order I would say corn oil, unsalted margarine, unsalted butter, salted margarine.

I agree, I think margarine is pretty yucky.

I will post some low sodium bread recipes that I have come up with as soon as I finish answering q's. We can't post the IG recipes publicly due to copyright so we will have to come up with our own versions.

swish
April 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you!! Corn oil it is:happy:

swish
April 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Thank you purple poet, I usually use olive oil to fry, on salads, with pasta.... I LOVE it! I will learn to love corn oil instead!