PDA

View Full Version : Fibre Supplement cramping/bloating

black&gold
December 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm new to this site, so sorry for my constant questions :)

For the past week I've been cramping every since I O'd. I knew I was O'ing cause I had cramps on my left side and they never went away.. they are now just typical mild menstrual feeling cramps. I wouldn't say they last all day, just come and go.. but often.

I've also noticed my stomach is bloated, even when I first wake up in the morning! At first I was joking that we probably got pregnant before our first sway cycle (we use condoms, so it's not very likely) because the symptoms feel similar to that.

So I started wondering If this could be caused from taking Metamucil for Fibre, only 2 times a day? Has anyone experienced this?

LacePrincess
December 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Yes fiber can definitely do that! Are you making sure to drink LOTS of water? If you don't drink enough metamucil type products can bloat up in there and get 'stuck'. Those little husks swell up when they absorb water (ever leave the stuff in the glass for a bit and watch it get all gel-y and globby?) and if you don't drink enough to pass the husks they just bloat up inside instead.

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM
No, not at all! I love questions.

Absolutely fiber can cause bloating and tummyaches. Just like Lace suggests, try drinking more water to keep it flowing through.