PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on helping folks find this new site?

dramabird
March 31st, 2011, 05:52 PM
I was starting to get worried about InGender's ongoing deterioration. Since I'm not planning my sway until the beginning of 2012, I thought the site might be completely monkey-ridden and unusable by then. I found this site by complete accident and I'm thrilled! I fear for other ladies that will just give up in the midst of ape dominance over at IG and not find this newer site to receive help and support.

I have nothing against IG except for the monkeys ... but when I included a tip about this site in my IG signature (not a specific website, but just "Gender Dreaming"), one of the forum leaders got peeved and told me to remove the "spam" or all my posts would be removed. :p

So they cannot do anything about the ongoing errors and people can't sign up for Gold and yet they don't want folks to know about an alternative source for help? All else being equal, I understand not wanting people to advertise a "competitor," but under the current circumstances it just seems stingy.

Anyhoo, I'm not trying to kick up a fuss, but I just feel bad for folks with GD who will get fed up with IG and feel they have nowhere to go. Zivic, how have you managed to spread the "good word" without getting your posts removed?

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 05:55 PM
I also put a "bye bye" notice in my signature and told them about this site so maybe if all of us ex-IG ladies do that more will come!!!

nothingbutblue87
March 31st, 2011, 05:58 PM
I saw this site in someone's name on In-genders website , I have been with IG for close to 3 years, and it is horrid right now. So, i scurried over to sign up.. whom ever it was THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Isla
March 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM
I saw it mentioned it someone's sig over at IG.

Maybe a Private Message chain could be started and this site can be shared that way?

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 08:32 PM
I appreciate so very much the effort that you guys put into spreading the word.

It would have been SO much easier with PMs, but of course you have to be Gold for that.

I really don't understand the thinking at IG because it was always much more important to me that we be able to stick together as friends and have a place to keep exchanging info on GD, swaying, HT, and just day to day mommy stuff. Never any kind of competition between websites.

Some of those guys are my very close friends and I still don't get it. :(

Anyway, I am just really happy that people have found us and if you want to spread the word that's great, if not people will slowly find us through the power of Google.

dramabird
March 31st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Atomic, who started "Gender Dreaming"? I know that you and NuthinButPink are doing an awesome job giving lots of responses and posting info ... so my thanks to you both for that! And my thanks to whomever started the site -- it's friendly, informative and chimp-free! ;)

(I had to change my sig over at IG because one of the forum moderators started deleting my posts one by one until I did so ... I guess other folks who had info in their sigs just happened to fly under the radar. Careful, Big Brother is watching! :) )

DoulaMama
March 31st, 2011, 11:17 PM
I posted in the girl swaying section... :) hoping many make it over...

ELP
April 1st, 2011, 02:45 AM
I've mentioned on threads that if 'You are fed up with monkeys then e-mail on the e-mail below and I'll give you details of the new sites' I will tell people about the 2 new sites I use and then they can have a look through both and choose the set up of information which is right for them:)

Freya
April 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM
I just mentioned that I'm 'on another forum' over there. I don't know if it helps. Still, I found GD just by googling a few names, so...

sela
April 1st, 2011, 05:05 AM
Ooops. I just gave full website address for here on a post in IG. Haven't been back there so I don't know if they are mad at me or not. I just felt pretty passionate about people being able to find this site as it really is crazy how unstable the IG site is. Luckily I hadn't signed up for gold but would be pretty annoyed if I had. Welcome those who have found here.

Zivic-Bubac
April 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM
When I reply to the post on IG, I always mention this site by its full name. To be honest, I'm waiting for some response from FLs and to see what happens:p
I cannot start a dispute or discussion on that subject on IG because it is quite difficult to fight on foreign language :p

ELP
April 1st, 2011, 05:13 AM
Ooops. I just gave full website address for here on a post in IG. Haven't been back there so I don't know if they are mad at me or not.

LOL sela:bigsmile: Remember a mod has to see that post 1st and access it through the monkey army before they can start telling you off:wink: I've mamaged to get the name on a few posts without being caught so far:rolleyes:

ELP
April 1st, 2011, 05:14 AM
I cannot start a dispute or discussion on that subject on IG because it is quite difficult to fight on foreign language :pWell that's completely true ZB!, after all if the terms and conditions aren't written in all 72 major languages how are people supposed to read all the fine print after all!!!:rofl:

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Atomic, who started "Gender Dreaming"? I know that you and NuthinButPink are doing an awesome job giving lots of responses and posting info ... so my thanks to you both for that! And my thanks to whomever started the site -- it's friendly, informative and chimp-free! ;)

(I had to change my sig over at IG because one of the forum moderators started deleting my posts one by one until I did so ... I guess other folks who had info in their sigs just happened to fly under the radar. Careful, Big Brother is watching! :) )

Nuthinbutpink started the site and I LOVE it here!

Frenchesca
April 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I wish there was a way to get the word out. I happened to be reading a post and saw this site mentioned and immediately came over. Wish I had known sooner, it would have saved a lot of monkey aggravation for me!

Dark Angel
April 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Well, I came across this site b/c of a post on IG, and I just mentioned this site on Fertility Friend and I am now "grounded" from their site!!! hahahahahaha...

ETA...okay I just wrote fertility friend and it's showing fertility friend friend!?!? lol

Indira
April 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
When I reply to the post on IG, I always mention this site by its full name. :p
Thanks for that, thatīs how I came here!

nuthinbutpink
April 2nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I just want to say thanks to all of you that are helping in any way with the site. It is a bit overwhelming at times checking on things, etc. but there are some cool changes coming and a Suvery feature for BOTH HT and swaying that I hope you will all enjoy!!!

Flava
April 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi girls
Some1 told me from IG to come and check it out here...I did not go back to IG after my sway because of the lack of support and care...I just felt alone.
I tried to read some stuff in IG and it's just not working. So of course ppl will leave the site if it's not working.
Anyway I hang out here a little...hopefully Im welcomed and I can post without getting PM's to delete or change my post and /or what I can talk about and what not.
( like in kindergarten)
Ok I guess I better go and post "Hi" in "introductions"

dramabird
April 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Flava! I've only been on Gender Dreaming a week or two myself, but so far I haven't seen anyone be slapped on the hand or threatened to have their birthday taken away! :) So I hope you will find the support and encouragement that you haven't gotten elsewhere. Yay, Gender Dreaming!

Flava
April 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks a lot :-)