PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New with several questions

daisyfay311
March 31st, 2011, 08:39 PM
:wave: Hello! My DH and I have a little girl who is two and a half and we are hoping to add a little boy to our family. I am hoping to begin TTC around June; I've read tons of info and have been doing some things already to work on a boy sway. I'm hoping to get really serious about it within the next week and I have a few questions.

1) I drink a TON of black Luzianne tea, no sugar, no lemon. It's pretty much all I drink. I am going to start drinking lemon water, green tea, etc. but I was wondering if I have to cut the other tea out entirely. ?

2) I've been doing workout DVD's by Jillian Michaels, specifically the Shred, the extreme Yoga one, and a long weights/abs one. Anybody know if these are okay for a boy?

3) For the past few months, I've had a couple of poptarts almost every morning for breakfast. Should I switch to something else for breakfast?

4) My skin has been breaking out horribly (not related to swaying, it's just like that when I'm off bc pills) and I have a dermatologist appt. next week. In the past, he has put me on an antibiotic. I looked up the one he gave me, it's totally safe if I get pregnant and I would stop in the 2ww anyway. Don't antibiotics sway boy? Is it a good thing to try to get back on those?

5) DH just stopped using chewing tobacco recently and I'm trying to get him to limit his million and one cups of coffee a day. Anybody know how long it takes to build up testosterone? Is there a way to measure it?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help. I really appreciate it!:happy:

nuthinbutpink
March 31st, 2011, 09:03 PM
First welcome!

1. Tea and coffee have potassium in it, they are okay on the French Gender Diet too and he says they are loaded with potassium, so good for a boy, bad for a girl.

2. Those sound great, like you are certainly building muscle mass which is good for a boy!

3. I would start eating something with less empty calories and sugar. I would either have a banana, some fruit juice and bacon...something more substantial. Even whole grain bread with salted butter would be good to add.

4. Antibiotics are said to sway boy because they make your body more alkaline.

5. Tobacco is a huge no-no! Coffee isn't the end of the world for a boy but if you can get him to follow you with diet choices, that would help.

Good luck!

TTC5
April 1st, 2011, 02:12 AM
Welcome!!!

I would def have a more nutritious brekkie, I like to have peanut butter of grain bread followed by weetbix with banana.

ELP
April 1st, 2011, 04:55 AM
3. I would start eating something with less empty calories and sugar. I would either have a banana, some fruit juice and bacon...something more substantial. Even whole grain bread with salted butter would be good to add.

Good luck!This woud be the main thing I think:agree: That is a really sugary crash breakfast prefect for pink lol, there is a whole thread with grea breakfast idea's in this section so have a quick read through if youhaven't already;) and grab some good ideas!!

And welcome:wave:

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
:wave: Hello! My DH and I have a little girl who is two and a half and we are hoping to add a little boy to our family. I am hoping to begin TTC around June; I've read tons of info and have been doing some things already to work on a boy sway. I'm hoping to get really serious about it within the next week and I have a few questions.

1) I drink a TON of black Luzianne tea, no sugar, no lemon. It's pretty much all I drink. I am going to start drinking lemon water, green tea, etc. but I was wondering if I have to cut the other tea out entirely. ?

2) I've been doing workout DVD's by Jillian Michaels, specifically the Shred, the extreme Yoga one, and a long weights/abs one. Anybody know if these are okay for a boy?

3) For the past few months, I've had a couple of poptarts almost every morning for breakfast. Should I switch to something else for breakfast?

4) My skin has been breaking out horribly (not related to swaying, it's just like that when I'm off bc pills) and I have a dermatologist appt. next week. In the past, he has put me on an antibiotic. I looked up the one he gave me, it's totally safe if I get pregnant and I would stop in the 2ww anyway. Don't antibiotics sway boy? Is it a good thing to try to get back on those?

5) DH just stopped using chewing tobacco recently and I'm trying to get him to limit his million and one cups of coffee a day. Anybody know how long it takes to build up testosterone? Is there a way to measure it?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help. I really appreciate it!:happy:

Hi and welcome, I'm so glad you found us!

1) Black tea is one thing I did with all four of my guys! IT's great for a blue sway not only because of the minerals but also because it is packed with antioxidants and other good stuff.

2) I haven't done those particular workouts but I bet they are fine for TTC boy. Don't work out any longer than 45 minutes 5 days a week though.

3)Those are HORRIBLE for breakfast to TTC blue (although I LOVE THEM.) Try for something that is higher in protein (or you can eat poptarts WITH protein) because that will keep your blood sugar levels stable for longer. Protein and carbs at every meal is a recipe for stable blood sugar and conceiving a boy. Pop tarts are also not super healthy, so you may want to choose something that has more redeeming qualities for your carb choice, like whole grain waffles with berries, oatmeal and an apple, PLUS some protein.

4) Antibiotics do sway boy. If you need the antibiotics that's fine but I don't really encourage people to take antibiotics they don't need because it's not safe in the long term. So if you need the antibiotics, great, if not, there are a million other ways to sway!

5) That's great that he stopped chewing! That will make a difference for his sperm count right away. Testosterone does take a bit of time to rise, but the toxins in the tobacco also sway pink so just by virtue of not chewing, it will already make a difference.

daisyfay311
April 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Wow, THANK YOU so much for the welcome and responses. It's so nice to come to a site that is actually working and helpful and where people are polite. I really, really appreciate it a lot. :happy: I am feeling really good about working on a sway with this kind of support.