PDA

View Full Version : Can't shake this desire!

isabella13
December 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Ladies,

I'm new around here, but was a member on IG when I was pregnant with my third baby. He will be 2 in April. I also have a 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son. prior to having children i always knew i wanted one of each gender. When i was pregnant with my first son, I had this gut feeling he was a boy, but the doc at the ultrasound told me girl. I was surprised, but started loving the idea of my dd having a sister as i do as well. we named the baby "Isabella" after my grandmother who passed 4 days after my ultrasound. the idea really grew on me. About 6 weeks later, i decided to do a 3d ultrasound where they told me the baby was indeed a BOY.

I was shocked! My poor 4 year old dd could not understand why her little sister turned into a little brother and would cry and pray to God to change the baby back. It was a rough couple of weeks but I got used to the idea of having a little boy! I honestly would not call it GD, but I did feel like I had lost this little girl I had already named and envisioned as part of our family! We thought our family was complete having one of each, but then I started dreaming of Isabella again. My Dh was happy with the 2 and didn't want a 3rd but we had an oops and sure enough I got pregnant! I felt this was a sign that it was meant to be and I would be getting my Isabella! I ended up miscarrying at about 6 weeks, and was devastated. We tried for a few months after and I got pregnant again. I really wanted a girl, but found out that the baby was a boy at 16 weeks! I would definitely say I had GD then. I cried a lot! Even had horrible feelings like why did I bother getting pregnant again! Not to mention, both of my sister in laws were pregnant at the same time and they were both having girls! About 95% of the IG ladies due in April were also having girls! Fast forward, baby is born and he is the cutest little thing. My GD disappeared and I would look at him and cry and feel guilty for having those feelings. He truly is my little sidekick, but I can't shake this feeling about wanting Isabella.

I dream about her. I see the name in personalized magazines all the time. I hear the name being called almost every time I am out in public. I watched baby stories the other day and they named the baby Isabella! I feel like she is around me. I had a strong feeling my miscarriage was a girl so maybe she's my angel. I'm not sure, but these feelings are back! That is how i found this site! i want to try again, but DH says hes done! Anybody else have this? Sorry it's so long!

My Three Sons
December 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hugs!! That would definitely make my GD stronger being told the baby was a girl first. I'm sorry it's been so hard. I do understand what you feel. As far as DH saying he is done, so did mine up until September. I wasn't bugging him about it or anything but he suddenly said he is willing to ttc so I can get my girl. He doesn't really want to, but he's willing for me. Your DH may surprise you too!

isabella13
December 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks My Three Sons! I hope you get your little girl.
I just know that I will regret it if I don't at
least try! I need to make a decision soon
As I'm approaching my 37th birthday and I don't want a
large gap from my little guy!

LacePrincess
December 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome to GD!

Funny story - with DS1 and DS2 the u/s tech told me 'girl' BOTH times. But, she did figure out that it was a boy by the end of the scan, so I didn't have to go home or anything with false hope.

By DS3, I didn't care as much which gender as long as the tech didn't tell me girl first, and then "Oh wait...hang on...." ARGHHH!!!

I get the feeling if I ever get a girl I'll never believe them. ;)

Jadis
December 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I couldn't read and run because, YES, I feel this too. When I was pregnant with DS2, I was absolutely convinced that he was a girl. I just knew it in my bones and never questioned it. I pictured our family with our little Maggie in it, I envisioned our lives with one of each, I was in love with a baby girl I didn't have yet. Then, the ultrasound revealed a boy and I was absolutely devestated. Now, of course, I'm crazy about him and wouldn't in a million years trade him for a girl. He's exactly the child our family didn't even know we needed and I just love him so intensely. Now, I'm pregnant again with baby #3 and, of course, I'd love it to finally be our Maggie. But, knowing how I feel about DS2, makes it easier to imagine feeling the same about another boy. I look at DS2 and think "I wanted him to be a girl and I'm so glad he isn't." I know I could feel that way again, but giving up the hope of having a daughter won't be easy. Does that make any sense? Maybe I'm rambling :)

Mrs_P
December 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Me to, i was sure ds3 was my girl and was gutted when i heard boy, i cried all the way through the ultra sound. He and i are so close now and he so cuddly and loving but my heart still aches for the daughter i will never have. It seems so unfair, all i want is one little girl. Although to be honest i can't imagine how horrible it is that your told girl and then its ripped away, that must be gutting. I have wanted to hear girl so desperately with all of mine although gd only really hit with ds3, i can't imagine that feeling of loosing everything you have dreamed of.

A daughter is a joy every mother should get to experience, i mean one little girl, its not a lot to ask really is it? I hope all goes well with your sway (and i'm sure your dh will change his mind, mine realised i could never be happy until i' tried everything i could to reach my dreams and he loved me so he gave in, plus he really wants a daughter to)

isabella13
December 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks girls! It helps to know I'm not alone
in feeling this way! I hope you ladies get your little
girls too! Some people don't get my GD because
I already have a daughter, but I just feel like
Something is missing. I will love another son
just the same, but my heart desires my little Isabella!