PDA

View Full Version : Can I take 200 mg of b6?

Girleedust2011
April 1st, 2011, 12:34 AM
I've been trying to search the net about taking 200mg of b6 but can't find any info. If I took it, how would I need to wean off the dosage and how soon?

Thx in advance!

Coccinelle33
April 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
200 mg is way to much. i wouldn't go over 100 mg. i took 100 mg when ttc my second baby and was getting really bad headaches and had to drop it to 50. but they say not to take over 100. if you can i would stay away from b vitamins while swaying girl though because they seem to sway blue a little. im taking vitex for my short lp and that sways pink.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't. It can cause neurological problems for you.

Some people are starting to believe that B Vitamins may sway blue. In fact A-Gender dropped it from their supplements because they thought it might be causing opposites. (everyone should still take folic acid though!) I took 100 mg B6 when I swayed for my 4th baby and I conceived an opposite (wanted a girl, got a boy)

To wean yourself off of vitamins, you should start taking half-doses every other day (so you would take a full dose one day, a half-dose the next day, then a full dose again) for a few days, then either take half-doses both days for a few days, then start skipping a day, then two days, etc. It should take you 3 weeks to a month to fully wean yourself off of vitamins.

Coccinelle33
April 1st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Some people are starting to believe that B Vitamins may sway blue. In fact A-Gender dropped it from their supplements because they thought it might be causing opposites.

kristin, do you think it sways pink now?

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
I never thought it swayed pink and I feel like an idiot for taking it when I was swaying! I wanted to hedge my bets and take the girl supps that were recommended. I love my little guy to bits and I have no real regrets but I still wish I wouldn't have taken it because I do think I ruined my sway!

Coccinelle33
April 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Oh ok I must have mixed up your words.

Girleedust2011
April 2nd, 2011, 03:00 AM
Ok, then I'm not going to even consider it. Thank u all for your advise. It really helps to here other women's input.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Oh ok I must have mixed up your words.

Sometimes I give advice from the traditional swaying playbook that I don't necessarily agree with because people want to know what is recommended...example, I wouldn't take calcium for a pink sway at this point, but I know most people want to and I still consider it a girl supplement. So it is entirely possible that I have referred to B6 as a girl supp even though I don't think it sways pink.

I'm so sorry for any confusion! :(

Coccinelle33
April 3rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
lol it's ok! i use to think b-6 was good in a girl sway. i actually took it while ttc my dd. i also took a b-complex. i took it with my next son as well and then decided to drop it and had another boy anyway. then i read that you disagreed with taking it so im not even thinking about it this time.