PDA

View Full Version : So sick, vomiting etc.

Violet_
December 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Anyone else going through this? I'm so unwell. Day and night. I keep vomiting and am in a constant state of feeling as though I am going to vomit. I'm currently just trying to keep water and fruit down, but not having much success. I can't wait until my doctor's surgery opens tomorrow so that I can go and get some maxolon. Seabands arn't working and neither are ginger tablets. And I'm just so worried about this pregnancy. Is my baby okay? Am I going through all this for nothing? Really don't like the fact that you can't tell what is going on until a certain part of you pregnancy, like when you feel movements, and you know that bubby is fine. I'm only 6.5 weeks. So overwhelming to think that I still have at least 2 more months of this to go through before the sickness drops a little. Although I never feel good until I deliver, it does get a little better after 3/4 months. I am so weak. I really want to wash my hair as it is yucky but can't stand up in the shower to do so. Why did I have to start vomiting over the weekend? When the doctor isn't open. Just need to survive until doc opens tomorrow and get some medication.

MatildaMai
December 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
You poor thing. Bad MS is the pits. Had it with all of mine too for the first 15-16wks and then again in the 3rd trimester. I took Zofran during the day to stop the vomiting (still felt nauseous though but at least I knew I wouldn't actually vomit so I could leave the house). And Maxalon at night as it made me too sleepy to function during the day. And at least that way the nausea didn't wake me up. A couple of times I got so dehydrated I had to go into hospital for IV fluids - was so dehydrated that I was dizzy and disoriented and hadn't had a BM for over a week! I also had 2 car accidents (just minor scrapes) back in July before my OB worked out that my iron levels were super low and it was affecting my concentration etc.... So a liquid iron supplement and some citrus juice is a good idea. I loved grapefruit juice during this last pregnancy which is weird because I don't normally like it.

I also found that taking large doses of Vit B6 helped. Has to be at least 125mg just before bed. Not taken spaced out throughout the day. Also I went to an acupuncturist who left a tiny needle taped in one of my ears in between appointments and that helped take the edge off the nausea. My MS was a lot worse this time with my DD than it was with my twins which really surprised me.

Hope you get through the wkend and get some relief soon. MMx

Butterfly Spirit
December 9th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Sorry you are SO sick Violet.. but my doc said that morning sickness is the one sure indicator that baby is healthy and thriving! I hope you find relief soon!!!

Violet_
December 9th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah, it really is not fun. Not enjoying this stage at all. Thanks for the positive words girls. Definitely off to the doctor tomorrow. This is how I was with my other children. Pretty certain we have another boy baking.