PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cereal?!

black&gold
December 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I know they say breakfast cereal sways boy and I think that's because of how it's fortified with vitamins etc? correct me if i'm wrong!

So if that's the case, what about cereals like "Puffed Wheat" or "Puffed Rice" where the only ingredient is wheat, or rice and all the nutritional info shoes no nutritional value.. is this still considered cereal, or is this allowed? I also only use maybe 1/8Cup milk along with it - I don't like much milk on cereal.. I was relying on this as my evening snack so now I'm worried that it's not allowed or i've been ruining my sway.

LacePrincess
December 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
You're fine. You can't cut all vitamins and breakfast cereal really has more carbs and sugars than anything else. There's nothing wrong with having cereal/milk as a snack in the evening, we just don't want people having it during breakfast. :)

Something 'empty' like Rice Krispies is perfect, just stay away from the kind with nuts and extra grains like Oatmeal Crisp or Total.

black&gold
December 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks LacePrincess! Sorry for all my questions, I'm so glad you guys are so knowledgable!!

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
The unfortified cereals are fine. If you do ever decide to eat a fortified cereal, be sure to watch serving size very closely, they're almost always smaller than you think. Eating a big bowl of fortified cereal is no better than taking a vitamin.