PDA

View Full Version : Question about Care Credit?

familiesr4ever
April 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
So, yesterday, my dh and I went to see Dr. Blauer at the RCC to go over my clomid challenge test results and where to go from there type meeting. So, we are a go based on my numbers. Anyway, we now need to come up with financing for the multi-cyle package we are planning on doing. I came across a site that talked about CareCredit and it is a financing plan for medical procedures. They have interest free loans for qualified applicants and so forth. Has anyone heard of them before or what have other couples done to finance their multi-cyle packages. Apparently the RCC doesn't offer any type of financing programs and we just are wondering what people do? We could possible get a loan from our in-laws(my dh's idea, not mine), but they would want to know what the money is for and I don't want them to know what we are planning, kwim? So, anyone heard of this CareCredit?

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
I have heard of them, I think my ex-husband's dental office refers people to them when they need financing. If it were me, though, I would try to get a loan from the folks instead, which is (hopefully) interest free! IDK what to tell them, but maybe just say for some fertility procedures or something if you feel comfortable being vague. GL!

nuthinbutpink
April 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM
The least expensive thing to do is get a 0% credit card and transfer it if you have to if you don't have it paid off at the end.

familiesr4ever
April 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your answers, I actually called CareCredit to get more info and apparently they no longer do infertility/ivf financing. So, we may look into the 0% interest credit cards, what cards typically do people use? I've heard Capitol One is one people have used. Do Reproductive Centers typically finance or most do not? I just assumed that they did, but I guess not. Thanks again, ladies.

nuthinbutpink
April 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Go to bankrate.com and see what they advertise. We paid cash but CC financing at 0% interest is perfect if you can get it!

familiesr4ever
April 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Go to bankrate.com and see what they advertise. We paid cash but CC financing at 0% interest is perfect if you can get it!

Thanks I will do that, I appreciate the advice!

Ashgirl
April 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Yes, through our clinic, we used care credit and were able to finance for 18 months at 0%. I think the limit is (was) $10k.