PDA

View Full Version : how will you tell your older children?

squamgirl
December 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I thought it might be fun to discuss ideas of how to tell the older children....

When ds1 was two and we were expecting ds2, I can't remember for sure.... but I think we got out my old cabbage patch doll and dressed it in boy clothes and told him that he was going to have a baby brother. He got to play with the doll to practice how to hold the baby and be soft and sweet, etc.

Our boys are much older and well past that stage. In fact, we need to tell them soon before they catch on to me being sick all the time, etc. We're making a calendar for 2013 with pictures of them that coordinate with the month. We'll go through the events for the year and then when we get to August, there won't be a picture, but will be a spot reserved for a picture of them with their new baby brother or sister. Part of the idea I got from babycenter and then I tweaked it to work for our family. I think we'll also have one of their favorite treats for dessert and have blue and pink frosting.

What are you doing?

NearlyDone
December 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
My eldest dd found my pregnancy notes last week(forgot she can read LOL) and told all of her sisters so that was that taken care of...........my dd3 wanted to know if it was daddy that i kissed to make a baby or someone else....no idea why she thought that lol

Mum23boys
December 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
we will probably justs how them the scan photo then wait for all the questions !!! Nothing original im afraid

squamgirl
December 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM
My eldest dd found my pregnancy notes last week(forgot she can read LOL) and told all of her sisters so that was that taken care of...........my dd3 wanted to know if it was daddy that i kissed to make a baby or someone else....no idea why she thought that lol

That's really funny! I've had to be careful because both of mine can read. The younger one not as well and he doesn't search out information. But the older one is a very good reader and reads over my shoulder. So I can only come on here when he's not around and I have to hide my pregnancy/swaying notes.

Pearl327
December 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
My DD is will be 2 in 11days time and we have already been telling her that there is a baby in mammy's belly. I don't think she gets it yet. But she will be coming to my scans and that will help her to understand what is happening

Atsaukina1
December 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I will def. wait until I'm further along. before I go tto first appt. w/ mw as kids always tag along w/ me. I have a button that says BIG BROTHER TO BE so 2 kids will be able tot read that :)