PDA

View Full Version : lemon water recipe

gizmo77
April 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
this may sound silly but i was wondering for those o f you who drink lemon water, how much lemon do you put in your water (per oz/L of water). or do you guys just randomly put in whatever..and do you use bottled juice or real lemons.

i tried bottled lemon juice, poured a bit in my water (maybe like tlspn) that was TOO much and i had the sh*ts for days!

just wondering if anyone has a perfected recipe.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I used to squeeze a whole lemon in a big glass or bottle with one of those lime squeezers and then mix in a packet of Stevia. Another thing I used to do which I became a big fan of was make a big pitcher of iced green tea and then mix lemon and Stevia in it. Kill three birds with one stone, KWIM?

begonia
April 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
No recipe here either; I use bottled organic mostly, and have a 66oz water bottle and just dump it in there ... probably around 4 TBS (1/4 cup) but I like a lot of lemon in my water. I don't like plain water at all, LOL!

Zivic-Bubac
April 1st, 2011, 03:23 PM
I squeeze my bottle of lemon juice in a glass of ice cold water and that's it. I like sour taste.

iyamaryam
April 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
I used to squeeze a whole lemon into an 8oz cup with stevia in it n drank that 4 times daily along with the other 'gross' drinks.

Hobbermittens
April 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
I used to squeeze a whole lemon in a big glass or bottle with one of those lime squeezers and then mix in a packet of Stevia. Another thing I used to do which I became a big fan of was make a big pitcher of iced green tea and then mix lemon and Stevia in it. Kill three birds with one stone, KWIM?

So is Stevia better than real sugar for a boy sway? I know that the other "fake" sugars sway girl.

iyamaryam
April 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
So is Stevia better than real sugar for a boy sway? I know that the other "fake" sugars sway girl.Yes, from what I understand stevia is the only alkaline sugar out there so it sways blue.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, from what I understand stevia is the only alkaline sugar out there so it sways blue.

That is exactly right!

Hobbermittens
April 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Yes, from what I understand stevia is the only alkaline sugar out there so it sways blue.

THanks for the info!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
this may sound silly but i was wondering for those o f you who drink lemon water, how much lemon do you put in your water (per oz/L of water). or do you guys just randomly put in whatever..and do you use bottled juice or real lemons.

i tried bottled lemon juice, poured a bit in my water (maybe like tlspn) that was TOO much and i had the sh*ts for days!

just wondering if anyone has a perfected recipe.

For awhile I was making lemonade out of the bottled lemon juice and we were all drinking it but we had the exact same issue! O.M.G. times 4 people with one bathroom. Needless to say I stopped making that lemonade after a couple weeks! I think it's some chemical in the bottled lemon juice though because I've made lemonade with lemons before and that didn't happen.

gizmo77
April 5th, 2011, 02:01 PM
thx everyone, ill try real lemons and see about the stevia too. im not TOO fond of sour, unless there is a hint of sugar.

purplepoet20
April 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
If you are doing lemon water you only need 1 teas or less for lemon aid try 1-3 tbsp for a large glass and some sugar.

gizmo77
April 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
If you are doing lemon water you only need 1 teas or less for lemon aid try 1-3 tbsp for a large glass and some sugar.

doing reallemons to me would be messy and take tim ebut i guess i fi do it once in the morning itd be ok. ill try the 1tsp thing first, thx!