PDA

View Full Version : Male dominant families

swish
April 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Just out of interest...
All/mostly boy mums, do your DHs come from male dominant families?

iyamaryam
April 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
I am not a boy mom at all(yet) but my hubby comes from a family of five boys n we have two girls.

Hobbermittens
April 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
My husband is an only child, but both his parents come from predominantly male families (his dad is from a GBB family, his mom is from a BGBBB family) and somehow we have GBG. ?

lightofmylife
April 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
my dh is one of three boys and one sister ...... so for we have 2 girls :)

Glittergirl
April 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Dh has 3 sisters no brothers, and I have no brothers so we both cam from girl dom families. Dh's dad came from BBBBG family tho.

MatildaMai
April 1st, 2011, 08:23 PM
We have 2 boys and I have 2 stepsons and a stepdaughter. DH is the eldest of 3 boys, his father was an only child...... Of his brothers - the youngest has 2 boys. The middle had a son, then lost 2 boys due to a genetic problem and then used IVF to have a girl.

nothingbutblue87
April 1st, 2011, 09:59 PM
I have 3 boys, and my husband is One of two boys, but his mom's family is nothing but girls.....and my family is quite literally half and half!

DoulaMama
April 1st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Yup :) My hubby is the oldest of 4 boys.....and we have 3 so far... LOL
No other biological grandkids yet. I guess we'll see in a few years when his bros. start having babies.

queen-of-harts
April 1st, 2011, 10:42 PM
dh has one sister his dad has 2 brothers and two sisters his mom has like 11 sisters and 4 brothers,we have six boys lol

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hi and welcome Queen!!

This is one of those things that I have seen talked about a lot.

Not my husband, but his parents are. My FIL is one of 5 B 1 G and my MIL is one of 3 B 1 G. BUT my husband is one of a pigeon pair, all his cousins were BG pairs, and all his cousins all had BG or all girls. We are the only ones with all boys. I do not believe there is a boy gene or girl gene and there is a very complex scientific reason for this that I won't go into but in addition to that, nothing in my life experience supports the idea that gender runs in families.

I am from a girl heavy family. My grandma was one of 6 girls and 2 boys. They went onto have a pretty even split of boys and girls although some of them had a few more of one gender than another, some boys and some girls. Then my mom and uncles had between them 4 girls and only one boy (my uncles both have stepsons as well) Now in this latest generation, we have produced 7 boys and one girl! And the one girl was to the only boy of the previous generation!

The same thing is true of my neighbors, there are some families with all girls, some with all boys, some with both. I really think it's all about each individual couple and their environment and not to do with genetics much if at all.

dramabird
April 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
My husband's side of the family hasn't had a girl born in more than 50 years! His mom was an only child and to date she has two sons, two nephews and two grandsons (our boys). My side of the family was almost exclusively pigeon pairs, usually with the girl born first.

swish
April 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
This gives me some hope!!! But my DH side of the family also has not one girl for a VERY long time!

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
And you know what that means, you guys are DUE! You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!!

DoulaMama
April 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
And you know what that means, you guys are DUE! You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!!

I want to kiss you for saying this :) Thank-you. You made my day. XO

swish
April 4th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Lol, me too! I hope you're right!!!

xnicolax
April 4th, 2011, 06:24 AM
My DH is one of 3 boys and he has 3 sisters so for his parents it's 50/50. They have 16 grandchildren though and there is 13 boys and 3 girls (one of them is a twin with a boy).

fivebabies
April 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
We have 3 boys and 1 girl....DH came from a family of 50/50 as did I, but the babies on his side are very boy dominant and the babies on my side are slightly girl dominant. HTH

WantingPink
April 7th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Yes!! I have two boys, DH has one brother, DH father has one brother, and DH grandfather has two bothers and one sister. Plus I have one brother and my brother has two sons. Yikes, I am surrounded by men... I need a little girl!!

mkarntz1980
April 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM
My DH does....his dad had 3 brothers. DH sibling making goes: boy boy girl boy boy girl. There are 10 grandsons and 3 granddaughters......(im hoping to make that 4) I have boy boy girl boy....pg with #5

mkarntz1980
April 7th, 2011, 11:06 PM
oh and I personally come from a VERY girl heavy family

lindi
April 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Well, if you take the idea that men mary women like their mothers... I don't know what to make of that really, I mean who wants to believe that? But I think DH's mom is pretty high testosterone. The man who married her? One of 4 brothers one sister. (His mom was high T?) So DH's mom had 2 sons, his brother married a high T woman who gave him- 2 sons. And Dh married me. I'm a little high T. I have had one son... (but I have 2 HT boy embies and 3 girls on ice right now! one of those girls is going to be a very rare daughter in this side of the family in a little over 9 months if all goes well!)

Orchid
April 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
DH and I both come from very boy heavy family. If I take every generation on both sides atleast 75% were boys.

(but I have 2 HT boy embies and 3 girls on ice right now! one of those girls is going to be a very rare daughter in this side of the family in a little over 9 months if all goes well!)

Lindi, Good Luck to you. I am having a good feeling about your FET :)

purplepoet20
April 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
My hubby...has a half brother. his dad has 2 sisters (viking meat eating family). mom has 2 sisters (italian family).

My family is a mix of half and bio siblings... 2B and 4G (w/me). My dad has 1 sis and 4 bros (their kids are 60%B), my mom has 1 bro and 4 sis (their kids about 70%G)

nicnee1976
April 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
My father-in-law had GBBG, but with 2 different wives, so my DH had 1 sister (who was stillborn) and 1 half sister and 1 half brother. His dad had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. His mum had 1 sister and 3 brothers. On his dad's side there is 1 aunt with 4 boys, the others had an even mix. His mum's siblings had even spilt of boys and girls. We have 3 boys, but there seems to be no history of gender dominance on DH's side of the family.
On my side, in my generation there was a huge dominance of girls for many years, then the amount of boys born seemed to catch up. In my children's generation there are more boys than girls, but then I have 3 of them. My mum is one of 6 (3B, 3G), my dad has 2 sisters.
I think I have 3 boys because I have a high testosterone. I read an article on it years ago when I was a teenager and felt I fit the symptoms back then. It doesn't seem that it is genetic though.

Coccinelle33
April 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
no my dh has more sisters than brothers and his brothers and sisters have more girls than boys. my family also has way more girls.

ladybug
April 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
My hubby has 1 brother, we have 2 boys and his brother has 2 boys....mostly a boy family!!! I am trying to change that by trying to get a girl :)

purplepoet20
April 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
My father-in-law had GBBG, but with 2 different wives, so my DH had 1 sister (who was stillborn) and 1 half sister and 1 half brother. His dad had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. His mum had 1 sister and 3 brothers. On his dad's side there is 1 aunt with 4 boys, the others had an even mix. His mum's siblings had even spilt of boys and girls. We have 3 boys, but there seems to be no history of gender dominance on DH's side of the family.
On my side, in my generation there was a huge dominance of girls for many years, then the amount of boys born seemed to catch up. In my children's generation there are more boys than girls, but then I have 3 of them. My mum is one of 6 (3B, 3G), my dad has 2 sisters.
I think I have 3 boys because I have a high testosterone. I read an article on it years ago when I was a teenager and felt I fit the symptoms back then. It doesn't seem that it is genetic though.

So... you are due for triplet girls!!! :)

onebigwish
May 29th, 2013, 07:07 AM
i know this is an very old thread but my DH has 3 sisters and two Brothers (Boys were Born first)
DH´s grandfather has 2 Boys and two Girls.
his brother has 2two Boys
his other brother has one Girl
and we have two Boys.

pinkinthestars
November 11th, 2016, 03:10 AM
yes my partner comes from 3 boy family and no girls iam the 4th child from my family with 3 brothers also.
Plus I have had 3 boys 1 mc unknown gender and now am carrying my girl :)

amandaj001
November 11th, 2016, 11:52 AM
We both come from female dominant families and have 2 boys :)

moose5
November 11th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Yes hubby is one of five boys and I have 3 boys. His brothers also have a lot of boys. All 4 of my sister in laws very recently had their girl ! Hoping I get mine next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squigglepink
November 11th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I like this thread..

My DH has only one sister. And we have two boys.

lucyandboys
November 12th, 2016, 12:58 AM
No, everyone else on both sides has bg or bgg (in that order)! Grrr.

My only other boy mom friend (hers are also same age as mine), has two siblings - brother and a sister, and both have 3 boys each. So 9 boy cousins!

honeybee37
November 12th, 2016, 12:25 PM
My dh has one brother and three sisters....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2016, 04:38 PM
This is an old thread but I do want to say pretty definitively that in the subsequent 5 years since it was started, I have seen NO pattern in genders of families and then those that go on to have mostly boys or mostly girls.

The only thing I ever see that ever makes me say hmmm...is women from 3 girl families where 2 or 3 of the sisters have all boys. But I do not know if that is a real thing, or if it may be that women from 3 girl families possibly have more GD than others because they had hoped to emulate their family makeup.