PDA

View Full Version : How many do you know with 3 of the same?

Lolly55
December 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I know this is completely ridiculous and statistically irrelevant, but I feel that because most of my friends with 3 children have mixed genders I am going to be the one with 3 of the same.
Out of my friends/family who have 3 kids, 4 couples have mixed genders and only 1 has 3 of the same. Also one of my really good friends has a girl after 2 boys so now I feel this wont happen to me. I know it's silly but I can't help it.

So tell me amongst your friends, do you know many with 3 of the same or do most have mixed genders?

TIA.

Cinss
December 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM
My best friend has 3 boys, another friend has 3 girls, all the people i know with 4 or more have mixed genders usually 3 + 1

XXPlease
December 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
For me its about 50/50 I know several people who had 2 of one gender and the third with opposite gender but then I know people with sets of 3 of the same and then my paternal grandmother had 7 boys and statistically only 1.8% of people will have that happen to them...

Yuzu
December 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Almost every one I know IRL has one of each! I don't know anyone with more than two of one sex. Hmmm.

nuthinbutpink
December 11th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I know lots.

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I know my mil who had 3 boys and other than that IRL I know multiple families , quite a few with 3 girls. None w 3 boys..

vickyaust
December 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I know some with 3 boys and some with 3 girls. Many of the HT girls have 3 of the same. Most people I know are stopping at two and its mixed bt girl boy and same gender kids.

I am doing HT as we have 2 boys and I would rather stick with my 2 boys than add a third boy. Dreaming pink :-)

coocoobananas
December 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Only 1 person I know has 3 of a kind (girls) well when I was swaying, everyone else had mixed...thus I went for it...of course I'm the one who got 3 of a kind...lucky me!!;)

Tiggerian
December 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
My mum have 5 girls and 1 boy. :P Went GGGGGB

A mum who had a her last DD when I had DS2 has four girls too.

But think that's about it. Most people I know stop at 2 kids. Funnily enough, most aren't mixed though - most are either all boy or all girl.

Violet_
December 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM
My sister has GGGGGG, so 6 girls. I have BBB, so 3 boys so far. I know so many people with so many variations, just about every. So people seem more likely to have a lot of one particular gender and others tend to have a mix (lucky things).

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 04:23 AM
DH's very thin cousin... just found out she's having her 3rd girl.

A friend of mine, VERY heavy.. just found out she's having her 3rd girl.

I think it has to do with habits and changing your lifestyle.. which neither one did obviously. LOL :giggle:

rainbowflower
December 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I'm one of 4 girls
my DH has 2 half-brothers and 3 sisters
my grandma was one of 6 girls (and had 1 brother). Apparently all but one of her siblings had all boys!
only know one person with 3 boys - one of my colleagues

Mum23boys
December 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM
we are the only one among our friends to have 3 kids ( 4t on the way ) the rest all have 2 kids usually 1+1 but some wit 2 of same gender. I am however one of tree girls and hubby 1 of 3 boys.
I really believe our 4th will also be a boy

hotdogz&boyz
December 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I have two very close friends who have three boys each (one technically has four, she gave her oldest up for adoption when she was a teen).

My cousin has three boys (but went on to have a girl with a different mom for his fourth).

My aunt has three boys.

I dont think I know anyone IRL who has three girls. Most of my friends are either pairs of kids (two boys or two girls). I have one friend who found out she is getting a pigeon pair yesterday (has a girl, expecting a boy). But she is the odd ball in most of the people I know. It seems I know more same-gender than not. Frankly, my social circle is incredibly boy-heavy. I don't know why, it's not intentional...just seemed to have happened that way.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Two of my neighbors have 3 girls each. My aunt has 4 boys. My cousin has 3 boys. And my very good friend has 4 girls.

Shellbelle
December 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
My mom is one of three girls.

My best friend from childhood is one of SIX girls.

One of my best friends now has four girls.

One of my cousins had four boys before finally having a girl.

And I will have given birth to three boys when this one is born. Because we're a large family, I have several acquaintances who have 3+ of one gender, and none (or fewer) of another.

begonia
December 12th, 2012, 06:09 PM
DH's very thin cousin... just found out she's having her 3rd girl.

A friend of mine, VERY heavy.. just found out she's having her 3rd girl.

I think it has to do with habits and changing your lifestyle.. which neither one did obviously. LOL :giggle:

Ouch Butterfly, I feel like your giggles :giggle: is laughing at people like me. I'm quite thin and had my 3rd girl BUT I DID change EVERYTHING. So "obviously" it isn't JUST "habits and changing your lifestyle" or we wouldn't have people whose sways didn't work. Sorry if I'm being overly sensitive here but really, your post doesn't come across as very kind hearted given how many people here sway and get opposites anyway. Habits and changing your lifestyle are all well and good but if it was that easy, no one would have GD. There's more to it than that.

To the OP, I know LOADS with 3 of a kind. Loads with 2 and then an opposite, loads with PP, loads with BB, GG ... IRL I feel like I see that it really is overall pretty 50/50. At a kids party yesterday I had 3g, another friend had 3b, another 2g, one with 2b, one with bbg, and then 3 had the pp.

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ouch Butterfly, I feel like your giggles :giggle: is laughing at people like me. I'm quite thin and had my 3rd girl BUT I DID change EVERYTHING. So "obviously" it isn't JUST "habits and changing your lifestyle" or we wouldn't have people whose sways didn't work. Sorry if I'm being overly sensitive here but really, your post doesn't come across as very kind hearted given how many people here sway and get opposites anyway. Habits and changing your lifestyle are all well and good but if it was that easy, no one would have GD. There's more to it than that.

To the OP, I know LOADS with 3 of a kind. Loads with 2 and then an opposite, loads with PP, loads with BB, GG ... IRL I feel like I see that it really is overall pretty 50/50. At a kids party yesterday I had 3g, another friend had 3b, another 2g, one with 2b, one with bbg, and then 3 had the pp.

I apologize for the giggles. I just decided to put her because she's a girl and she's cute! It wasn't my intention to laugh at them or anyone. If I would have put the cheerleader I guess it would have had an entirely different tone.
What I was getting at is they changed nothing in their lives and ended up with their third girl. So I believe they would have had to change something, that was just my personal 2 cents. Although I realize that swaying is never 100% and I understand that a well. We are always just trying to throw everything out there so we can look at it and figure out what works and what doesn't.
I have also learned that some women just have naturally over acidic vaginal environments and aren't aware of it. I have an ex boss who told me she had that problem and couldn't get pregnant naturally and had to go to high tech.

Lolly55
December 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM
thanks to all you ladies for replying. i know it is 50/50 at the end of the day. I guess I didnt include older people I know who have 3 of the same, 2 of my aunties, my MIL, my colleague, my husbands friend/work colleauge, an ex-colleague - when I think of it like that there are quite a few so maybe I will be one to get an opposite. who knows. I really think that 3 of the same is special in itself anyway and have never felt sorry for anyone i have come across who has 3 of the same. in fact (before I was even pregnant with my first) I knew a lady who had her third boy and i thought how adorable they all were a little pack of boys, mates for life. Sometimes I do feel it is pressure from society that makes you desire the opposite gender rather than a true desire for it ourseleves.

menlc611
December 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I have 3 boys, my cousin has 3 boys, my friend just had her 2nd boy, my brother has 2 girls, my brother-in-law has twin boys.. The majority of my friends/family all have the same gender. Makes me nervous TTC a girl! :think:

HopingForPigtails
December 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
It's funny- almost everyone I know who has 3 kids has all one gender. The few people I know with 4 kids have mixed genders.

Mrs_P
December 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
i have three boys (pretty sure i am pregnant with no 4 from nub), i was the only one who had a third boy out of about 6 of us so i think with two or less boys odds are in your favour for an opposite. Those with four or more, i only know one girl who has bbbg in real life but loads with 4 + boys so i think odds are against you after three of the same sex, but only my opinion - not quite sure i bothered to try really as i knew the outcome before i got the bfp! but hey-ho

Angelone
December 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
i know quite a few families including myself with alll 3 the same gender .. i honestly thought id get one of the opposie sex out of my three but nope lol x

Mum23boys
December 15th, 2012, 07:34 AM
i have three boys (pretty sure i am pregnant with no 4 from nub), i was the only one who had a third boy out of about 6 of us so i think with two or less boys odds are in your favour for an opposite. Those with four or more, i only know one girl who has bbbg in real life but loads with 4 + boys so i think odds are against you after three of the same sex, but only my opinion - not quite sure i bothered to try really as i knew the outcome before i got the bfp! but hey-ho

U have now proved yourself wrong by carrying a girl so u get the bbbg after all !!! xxx Lucky thing. Hope my nub (if i getone') is as girly as yours

juffertje2
December 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm always scanning and most of the time it's mixed. But families with BBG really break my heart!

NCBeachyGrl
December 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I know many with three of the same! My sister, me, and about 5 families at the preschool. It seems more common lately....maybe b/c I have paying closer attention than usual!

Sunflower3
December 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I know tons of families with three of the same either 3 boys or 3 girls. I have 3 boys myself!

my5girls
December 15th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I had 5 girls in a row! Finally my 6th was a boy!! I did sway with him. I found out about gender swaying when I was pregnant with my 5th daughter. I kno two families with 4girls and one family with four boys. Everyone else I kno has a mixed gender of kids! Mostly not more then 4. Now a days people look at my family like we were crazy even going for #6!! I get comments all the time about it!

trifecta
December 17th, 2012, 12:02 AM
In my family my brother and middle sister each have two boys and a girl (my brother has BGB, my sis has BBG and I know she had strong gender desire until she got the girl).

In my nuclear family my mom had GBG and then adopted my cousin (a girl) after my aunt died.

Socially almost everyone I meet has one of each sex or two girls so I don't know a lot of three-kid families.

mommymachine
December 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I am Catholic and so I'm around a lot of couples who have lots of children. I have BBBG, a lady has BBBB, another lady has BBBBBGBG, some one else has GGGGBG. Someone else has BBGBBG.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
There's a family with 3 girls and a family with 6 girls, then us with our 4 boys. This is in a town of only 300 people so it is fairly common.

In the next town over I've seen a fam. with 4 boys, a fam with 4 boys and one girl, and a fam. with 3 girls.

Also DH's grandma had 5 b and my great grandma had 6 girls.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 09:45 AM

I think in some cases it is harder for people with all girls to change things and get a boy because the reason they have girls may be biological/physical settings and not anything that can be changed (like, DH got kicked in the nuts in the 3rd grade and has lower sperm count as a result).

And before anyone gets upset, when I mean "not anything that can be changed" I do NOT mean that it is impossible for you to get a boy, I mean that it may be a little less within your control and so you should not beat yourself up over the one time you ate a cranberry scone when you were swaying blue. Lady Luck has her role to play.

trifecta
December 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Not only does lady luck have a role, she really has the final say!

I have two boys and when I look back on it I did many of the things they say result in boys. I drank a lot of V8 and ate a lot of salsa so there was lots of sodium in my diet. I ate a lot of bananas and avocadoes, high in potassium. For my second I conceived on O day.

But I was also thin, I conceived DS #1 maybe 5 days ahead of ovulation, so that would have favored a girl, I took cranberry for a UTI, and I ate yogurt every day so if I had had girls I probably would have looked back and said that's why.

Yuzu
December 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Have you ever answered a question and realized that you answered it totally wrong? I just realized I know several people with 3 or more of the same sex. I wasn't think of people I grew up with in the church. I'm Catholic and a few of the other families were pretty large.

I don't know what I was thinking of when I answered before. I was pregnant then, so I'll blame pregnancy brain!:rofl:

Violet
December 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I think most of the people I know who have 3 or more, are all the same gender. Really. I can think of 3 families on my street with 3 boys. Note to self: drink bottled water.

mummyof3boys
December 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I no soooo many families with 3 boys in my older sons yr 6 families we r close with
In my middle mans yr just in his class alone there are 5 families with 3 boys
And other friends I have outside those families I know about 5 more families plus 2 families that went for the 4 th and both got girl

Girls of 3 or more I only no of

mummyof3boys
December 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
3 families with 3 girls .... It was ment to say

HopefulMonster
January 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
My best friend has 3 boys, my other good friend has 5 girls, & my great grandma was one of 6 girls. Other than that, everyone else I know only has 1 or 2 kids.

mummypink
January 29th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Most people I know stopped at two, and the majority of them had one of each. I have a friend with 3 boys and 1 girl, and since finding out this one is another boy I've had ladies at the boys nursery tell me they have 4 boys (which has put me off having another tbh!). Everyone in my family has had a boy and then a girl except for my mums parents who had 3 girls. On hubbies side there is a good mixture of gender too, his Dad had 4 children from his first marriage 2 boys and 2 girls, then had 2 boys in his second marriage. His mum has 3 sisters and 1 brother, and his Aunt has 2 boys and one girl.

Seems like everyone in the family is able to get a mixed family apart from me!

coocoobananas
January 29th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Most people I know stopped at two, and the majority of them had one of each. I have a friend with 3 boys and 1 girl, and since finding out this one is another boy I've had ladies at the boys nursery tell me they have 4 boys (which has put me off having another tbh!). Everyone in my family has had a boy and then a girl except for my mums parents who had 3 girls. On hubbies side there is a good mixture of gender too, his Dad had 4 children from his first marriage 2 boys and 2 girls, then had 2 boys in his second marriage. His mum has 3 sisters and 1 brother, and his Aunt has 2 boys and one girl.

Seems like everyone in the family is able to get a mixed family apart from me!
That's exactly how I feel mummypink! Only one in my family both sides to have 3 of a kind!!! Lucky me:/

Bea
January 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I know lots of families with same genders.... one has 5 boys and they're done, another has 4 boys and they're done, another has 7 girls and then they finally got a boy they're not done :), I know a family with 13 and very mixed genders nearly even, another with 3 girls, but then I know several that are mixed

chocolate
January 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Im going to write this as a chart type thing of the families I know:

1 boy and 1 girl = 6
2 boys = 2
2 girls = 2
3 boys = 1
3 girls = 2
2 boys and 1 girl = 1
2 girls and 1 boy = 1
4 girls = 1

Wanting-a-girl
January 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
I have three boys... My mom had three boys before me... DH mom had three boys dhs dad had 4 boys before girls came a friend has 4 boys I see it quite often...

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Pretty much everyone i know IRL has at least one of each. (that has at least 3 children). There is only one woman, out of the many that i know, that has all three boys. The rest of my friends and family may have more of one gender than the other, but they at least have one of each. ...im dreading hearing the words that this one is another boy (would make #3). I know i dont know yet, and theres always a glimmer of hope, but ppl just dont understand, especially when they never had GD and especially when they have at least one of each .