PDA

View Full Version : Iluvmman's TTC Boy Sway Plan for May 2011

iluvmyman
April 2nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
I think I've gathered enough info to put a plan in place. I'd welcome any suggestions, comments or criticism. Sorry it's so long as I'm kinda documenting it for myself too :)

I will have been doing most of this for 8 to 10 weeks when we will be TTC Boy in May.

Supplements for DW:

FertileCM
Folic Acid - 4000mcg
Fish Oil - 1200mg
Natural Vit. E - 400 i.u
Liquid B Complex 1ml dropper (contains 2mg B6/1.2mg B12/1.7mg Riboflavin/30mg Pantothentic Acid)
URAL from AF-O in May (I bought Alkaseltzer Gold but I guess I don't need it if taking URAL, right?)

I need to get some Potassium Chloride Tablets

Supplements for DH:

FertilAid for Men
Folic Acid - 800mcg
Fish Oil - 1200mg
Natural Vit. E - 400 i.u.
Liquid B Complex 1ml dropper (contains 2mg B6/1.2mg B12/1.7mg Riboflavin/30mg Pantothentic Acid)
Zinc - 50mg

Diet: Trying to follow Boy Diet and high sodium/potassium foods and adding sea salt and NYF as much as possible. (Has anyone heard of Himalyan Salt? That's what I used to use since it's natural and full of minerals stripped out of other salts. Stopped using for this diet.)

Breakfast: Forcing myself to eat Breakfast and is generally 2 egg whites w/ bacon or ham and 3 cherry tomatoes or 1 small tomato. Hashbrowns or fried potato slices. Started Rice Krispies as well and just bought some sausage and summer sausage to mix it up. Glass of 100% Fruit Juice.

Lunch: high sodium soups, hot dogs, IG Boy diet salads, and left over bacon. (will try the tuna sandwiches). McDonald's Hamburgers and Fries w/ Lemonade when out and about (this is a big step for me)

Snacks: Avocados, Bananas, high sodium potato chips (been eating some fruit like pineapple but will up it know that I know it's OK) Truvia when sweetener needed.

Dinner: IG Boy diet- trying. Because of living situation I don't have full control over dinner but trying to eat as much meat and tomato products as possible like sloppy jo's, some pizza, meatloaf, ziti, etc. and iceburg lettuce w/ tomato salads. Trying to keep meat in at least 2 meals per day.

Drinks: Evamor Alkaline (8.9 PH) Water w/ lemon, 100% Fruit Juice, and Lemonade. I've had 2 Starbucks Carmel Frapps this week but they are made w/ whole milk and I conceived my last DS drinking them almost daily. I had none since starting the diet. Tried Green Tea, but blech!

I'm struggling with getting the recommended Sodium and Potassium daily amounts since I'm not a big eater and hate water. I used to live pretty much on Milk, Daily Carmel Frapps and Red Bulls. I think that I am doing really well on avoiding the things I shouldn't eat, I think. I know the Whole Milk jury is still out but limiting anyway had the frapps and 1 bowl of cereal w/ whole milk so far.

Ions:
Our bedroom is small. DH's computer is on a lot and my laptop as well + a larger flat screen tv and lots of outlets and plugs. We bought an electric blanket that we put on it's lowest setting and I have the cell on me during the day and next to the bed at night. Before my AF moved on me, I was scheduled to Ovulate on the Full Moon but now that won't work. Will look for flares but I'm trying in May either way. I like Atomic's suggestion to go shopping and use their A/C on BD day. :)

I've had both of my girls in July, DS#1 in Nov and DS#2 in Dec. So, I'm crazy but I have decided my body must have boys in the winter and girls in the summer. We're pushing it but if BFP in May then I'd still be giving birth in the Winter....Go Boy!

Fertility Monitoring: I have not done BBT since I didn't expect to wait this long to ttc (thanks AF changing on me and wisdom teeth) :) I have been using the Fertile Focus daily and watching my CM.

PH: Checked using digital PH tester (We were both low but I didn't write it down and forgot). I need to still raise my PH and hoping on the URAL.

2 Weeks Before:
Wash eggs and put in refrigerator

AF-O: URAL

5 days before O: Mucinex Tablets (Is it 1 tablet per day since they are 600mg tablets?)

1 Hour Before BD: DH consume high caffeine drink and DW use BS Douche

DTD time:
Hopefully abstain as close to 4 days as possible

If I understand everything correctly for TTC Boy, I would need to BD when the Fertility Focus is showing full fernning (indicating O) and CM is:
more abundant,
clearer,
more elastic (stretchy),
less cellular,
more watery (less thick),
higher in pH, and
composed of strands that are aligned to allow greater sperm penetration

We plan on using the egg whites from my friends backyard chickens (PH almost 9 w/ never being refrigerated) set out 1 hour prior to BD.

My husband has agreed to putting ice on the boys and he wears boxers and loose jeans (is it better to do this for several days before).

Hope for the Big "O" right after hubby and maybe even try the 3 Big "O"'s as much as possible the week or couple days before to raise PH

Position: Doggy style or DW on top

After Big O's insert Instead cup and hold still w/ laptop for the ions

Am I missing anything?

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Yes, Ural is better than ASG so no need for both.

Wow that Himalayan salt looks great! I would totally keep using it. I have long been wary of the sea salt recommendation on IG because the ocean is a dumping ground for so many pollutants, which all sway pink. (However, ingesting pollutants is NOT a good swaying technique, Pink Swayers!!)

I would MUCH rather you ate two WHOLE eggs rather than just the whites. I know that is not the same advice that is given on IG but the mineral content of egg yolks is quite small and yet they are loaded with healthy fat and cholesterol - cholesterol is the building block of testosterone and estrogen.

I would like to see a little bit of protein in your snacks if you can. A handful of nuts or a couple slices of deli meat, along with your avocado (excellent choice) or fruit is easy and will really help keep your blood sugar nice and even.

I think you are doing exactly right with the whole milk. Keep it up!

That plan is great!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Oh and yes, the 600 mg tablet of Mucinex once a day is fine.

iluvmyman
April 4th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Thank you so much for the response! I have a link for Himalyan Salt, but not sure it's the best because it claims to balance PH which I think we are trying not to do? If you think it looks good, then I can do a write up to post if you wanted.
I think they said no egg yolks because the yolk has the calcium. I did make eggs w/ yolks this morning and I they were sooo yellow. :) I did get some sea salted almonds today.
I also saw that V8 has a new V8 Fusion with Green Tea in the flavors of Pomegranate, Pineapple-Mango and Raspberry. Maybe I can drink green tea this way.

http://www.alohabay.com/products/saltinfo/salt_info_faq.html (http://www.v8juice.com/Products.aspx)
http://www.v8juice.com/Products.aspx

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
That would be WONDERFUL!

That V8 looks great as well. Check pH to make 100% sure it doesn't acidify you after drinking it for a few days.

Yes, you're right about the calcium (calcium is a mineral and that's what I was talking about LOL) but it is a really small amount. 21 mg per egg. You need some calcium for fertility anyway. Just count it into your day's total and try not to exceed 250-400 mg.

A balanced pH actually tends to sway blue by maximizing sperm count - sperm enjoy middle of the road pH in the 7's and that is a balanced pH.

iluvmyman
April 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
you rock! And I'll get working on a write up for your review in a couple days.

Out of the Blue
April 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hey, iluvmyman, just wanted to jump in and give you BLUE DUST...Take it! In fact, take it ALL, please! lol :wink:

Seriously, best of luck on your sway. I hope you get your little man soon!

:luck::luck::BabyBoy::luck::luck:

SpicyTunaSushi
April 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
This looks great- can someone send a link on how to prepare the eggs? Why do we put them in the fridge. Oh, and I am going to copy your plan!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Here is a link on how to prepare the egg white.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1037-Using-real-EW

iluvmyman
April 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry. Had my wisdom teeth out Tuesday and haven't been on much to find that link about EW and send it to SpicyTunaSushi. Thanks Atomic.

Thanks for the Blue Dust, I need it UmaJane. :)

Yeah, SpicyTunaSushi, I think I'm going with the "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Method. :) I just can't help myself I'm like all in or all out I guess. I'm not perfect on things so I feel like I want to cover all of the bases. :) Every time I think I have it down though, I read about something else. :) I found some B3 supps so going with those as well. My URAL came i today so I'm stoked. The V8 with green tea was pretty good too, so I've added that to what I'm drinking now to get some Green Tea in my diet. I will check my PH after a few days, Atomic. I washed and put my eggs in the fridge to check them again in a few weeks.

I'm kinda scared about putting it all together next month and going for it, there has been so much invested.

iluvmyman
April 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Atomic, My husband picked up Potassium Gluconate instead of the Chloride. It looks like Gluconate has less potassium and I need to get the Chloride? Darn, these supps are getting expensive. Good think the CVS Pharmacy here in CA are having NatureMade supps buy one get one free. :)

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I don't think the link mentions anything about washing the eggs and keeping them in the fridge. I thought 'fresh' eggs are better- or is it farm eggs stored in the fridge? I guess as long as the pH is 9-9.5.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Atomic, My husband picked up Potassium Gluconate instead of the Chloride. It looks like Gluconate has less potassium and I need to get the Chloride? Darn, these supps are getting expensive. Good think the CVS Pharmacy here in CA are having NatureMade supps buy one get one free. :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd take it anyway (but I am cheap!!!)

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I don't think the link mentions anything about washing the eggs and keeping them in the fridge. I thought 'fresh' eggs are better- or is it farm eggs stored in the fridge? I guess as long as the pH is 9-9.5.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't reread it before I posted the link!!

This is from IG but makes no earthly sense to me at all. "To raise pH you wash egg shell and store in fridge for 2 weeks in a glass bowl. Warm egg whites have a higher pH. Do not warm egg whites in microwave. There is no other way to raise pH of egg whites (baking soda will not raise pH high enough, sorry)"

So I guess you store them for 2 weeks in the fridge, but they are supposed to be warm, and you can't put them in the microwave. IT looks to me like they are heating the eggs in a chick incubator but I doubt most of us have those lying around the house.

What I would do is keep the egg in question at room temp for a day before you use it. If that makes you too nervous, you could also try warming it up gently in a bowl of warm, not hot water.

It's ok to leave farm fresh eggs at room temperature indefinitely as long as they have not been washed (the washing removes a protective layer from the shell and allows bacteria to enter) my grandma and my old boss did it all the time and no one ever got sick. Maybe that's why they suggest fresh eggs - you don't need to put them into the fridge??

iluvmyman
April 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The PH was slightly lower than ideal so I did as IG suggested putting them in the fridge, washed (they also say to set out 1 hour before BD) hoping it would put the PH right where I wanted it. I assumed that's why IG suggested it. I did these as a test run and will check the PH after the 2 weeks. I also have eggs from another friend w/ chickens I'm going to check their PH this weekend. It's almost like IG cleansing needs to occur a little. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Ok thank you! Did they warm up enough in an hour??? Seems like they would still be kinda cold.

Keep me updated on that and I can always edit the egg thread (I don't like to do that because I didn't write it, though.)

iluvmyman
April 20th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I set eggs out for about 1 1/2 hours and it seems to be pretty much room temp although that's just by feel. I would say 2 -3 hours to be sure. I checked the PH after being in the fridge for 2 weeks and found no difference in PH, in fact, may even be slightly lower. Not sure why IG recommends putting in the fridge for 2 weeks. My friends backyard chicken eggs don't have the PH between 9 - 10 that I need. I better figure out quick since Ovulation s/b next week.

iluvmyman
April 20th, 2011, 12:32 AM
BTW - I read that, To raise the pH you wash egg shell and put them in fridge for 2 weeks in a glass bowl. Let them sit out to room temp because warm egg whites will have a higher pH, but don't microwave them. www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/5080.aspx

I'm not sure what I did wrong. :worry: I really don't want to screw anything up since I s/b ovulating next week sometime. I went ahead and re-calibrated my Hanna PH 99104 again before I tested the PH of the 2 eggs I had in the fridge. O Day is coming up so soon and I feel unprepared. :worry: I'm not willing to wait to start BBT, and my cycle was messed up last month and don't even think I ovulated. Augh! I think my body finally righted itself after the birth of our son in December. I guess we'll give it a shot either way and need to hit whole foods for some organic eggs.:agree:

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM
I doubt you did anything wrong at all. It was that darn chicken!!

You know, I ~personally~ would not lose a bit of sleep over egg whites with pH in the high 7's to 8's. The egg white is still gonna help the Y sperm survive in the harsh climate of the vajayjay and make it to the egg.

iluvmyman
April 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks Atomic. Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and found organic free range chicken eggs and they tested at a 9.0 so I think that's good enough. Tested DH too and he was still at like a 7.8. and needs to be at a 9ish, right? He's been OK about taking his supps but not perfect and won't remember to take the FertileAid for men during the afternoon. I was reading that him taking Mucinex 1 hour before might help raise his PH. I'm going to test it out, but is there any other suggestions for men?

iluvmyman
April 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks Atomic for talking to me about everything. You have a lot of threads and posts to look at and I don't know how you do it! I really really appreciate your help!! I'm so excited and nervous and you are really helping me keep it together and remain calm. :) God has really blessed me and others with finding this support no matter what the outcome.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks Atomic. Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and found organic free range chicken eggs and they tested at a 9.0 so I think that's good enough. Tested DH too and he was still at like a 7.8. and needs to be at a 9ish, right? He's been OK about taking his supps but not perfect and won't remember to take the FertileAid for men during the afternoon. I was reading that him taking Mucinex 1 hour before might help raise his PH. I'm going to test it out, but is there any other suggestions for men?

I would not lose any sleep over a pH of 7.8 for DH. That is high normal pH and sperm thrive in that pH. Do urge him to take the FertileAid, it will help his count and I personally think count is MUCH more important than sky high pH.

The Mucinex is a good idea and let us know if it helps to raise pH, I hadn't heard that.

Oh and thank you SO MUCH! Much appreciated.

iluvmyman
April 24th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Read that little tidbit about Mucinex on IG. :wink:I don't think I have time to do a test run for you since as of the morning we will be starting to abstain and hope to hit the 4-5 day mark. This would be soooooo much easier if I new exactly when I would ovulate. :sigh:Darn you cycle! :) I wonder if we/I could post or ask a couple people to give it a shot and post the results?

iluvmyman
April 24th, 2011, 11:21 PM
The Mucinex didn't seem to help my husband. I couldn't check him before but after the Mucinex his PH was 7.45, so I don't think it did much. BTW, I gave it to him about 1 hr. before testing him.

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you for updating on this. 7.45 is perfectly normal pH and I wouldn't worry about it at all. It may have had nothing at all to do with the Mucinex and more about something he had eaten or drunk earlier in the day - pH naturally fluctuates.

iluvmyman
May 8th, 2011, 12:18 PM
OK, this is dpo11 w/ a high quality prego test and I got a BFN. I'm calling it! AF should start Wednesday. Bummer!

TTC5
May 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
That was a great sway! If it is a bfn this time, will you do the same next month?>

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Oh, boo! That's ok, days are getting longer, more Vitamin D to boost your testosterone!!!

iluvmyman
May 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM
That was a great sway! If it is a bfn this time, will you do the same next month?>

I'll try but am already off on the diet. I think I might change some things. I want to re-read Atomic's sticky's re-adjust my thinking and fine tune my sway. Not sure what all that will entail yet.

Plum3
May 13th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your BFN. Fingers crossed for next month :)

BTW, great sway. When the time comes I am planning on a sway just like yours!