PDA

View Full Version : POLL: 2 awful names but if you had to choose which would it be ?

Mum23boys
December 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Alfred - Alfie
OR
Leonard - Lenny

We have NO boys names we like. We already have 3 sons Owen Ellis and Liam and so this one if a boy is going to have to be stuck with a family name
Now ive ruled out James ( DH and FIL name) and Ive definately ruled out my grandads names which are Bernard and Nimbo !!!
So that leaves DH grandads and they are Afred and Leonard.

Neither really jump out at me so wondered what other people thought or if there were variations we hadnt thought of perhaps ?

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I think alfie is cute, not a huge fan of Lenny but you could use Leo as a nn for Leonard.

hotdogz&boyz
December 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
^^My exact thoughts. I would pick leonard and nickname him Leo. Which is adorable!

nuthinbutpink
December 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I would hate to be called Alfie as an adult. Leo is much better and he never has to use his real name.

If you think they are both awful find another name!!

cvd
December 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Alfie was my grandmothers nickname, I have no idea why because her name was Kathleen but everyone called her Alfie. Haha!

Yuzu
December 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I love Alfred; I think it's a great name. I think the name Alfred Leonard would be very handsome.

Jadis
December 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Leonard is the name I'm fighting for, I love it. I'm trying very hard to convince my DH to come around to it, I don't think it's awful at all. I like the nickname 'Lenny', I think it's cute.

Boymomsrock
December 13th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Lenny? I think of of mice and men. So I would prefer Leo but not Lenny!

spinningmadly
December 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I don't love either (sorry being honest!) but if I had to pick I'd do leonard but call him leo

spinningmadly
December 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I do like your other boys names a lot though! Liam was on our list! And Owen!

Violet_
December 14th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm the same, don't like either at all, sorry hun. Does your baby HAVE to have a family name? Why not give your baby a unique name that is just it's own like your other children have. And their names are much nicer.

Rainbow baby
December 14th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Exactly what Violet_ said + baby deserves a beautiful name!

XXPlease
December 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
If you are wanting to use a family name use it as a middle name.

Violet_
December 14th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Now there's an idea. Choose a really gorgeous little boy's name (if it's a boy) and use one of the other's as a middle name. Or just use Leo perhaps as the middle name and you can explain to everyone in the family that, Leo was in memory of Leonard. I wouldn't name a child a name to keep family happy that wasn't nice as that child/man/woman has to live with that name for the rest of their lives and surely family can understand that.

Cinss
December 14th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Alfred just reminds me of an old man (sorry) and Leonard from The Big Bang Theory, i do like Leo but its too close to Liam. I'd say keep looking you have plenty of time, no need to commit to something you don't like now.

Mum23boys
December 14th, 2012, 02:52 AM
The problem we have ladies is that we cant think of a single nice boys names that we do like !!

Pangea
December 14th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I like Alfie, I know a little boy called Alfie and he's adorable.

spinningmadly
December 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Lol there must be one name!! Try that name wizard and put in Owen and Liam since you like those and see what it says.

glory
December 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Being from the UK, I think Alfie would be a 'normal' name over there. I have some English friends and they have a little Alfie and it is cute.

I don't think it would be used much in the US though.

minimatron
December 14th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I like Bernard....

Mum23boys
December 15th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Lol there must be one name!! Try that name wizard and put in Owen and Liam since you like those and see what it says.

Whats the name wizard ?

Tiggerian
December 15th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I voted Alfred - mainly because I don't like Lenny, it reminds me of that guy in the Simpsons! Leo is kinda quite, so if you like that, what about Theo?

Or these ones:
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Patrick
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Aidan
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Ethan
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Finn
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Isaac
Liam, Ellis, Owen & Jacob

Try Nymbler.com - you put in the names you like and names that match pop up. I have to admit, we do struggle too - We can't agree at all (I know exactly what I'd use, but OH disagrees!)

Mum23boys
December 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
ooo i quite like jacob or Jake ,,,,,, will run past dh

lovemy4
December 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
There are lots of great boy names!
Dawson
William
Max
Riley
Ryder
Brady
Miles

I could go on and on. I'm sure if baby is a boy you will come up with something perfect for him :)

spinningmadly
December 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Yes that nymbler thing! lol

Sunflower3
December 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I like Jacob and maxwell.