PDA

View Full Version : Boys names for a girl??

HopingForPigtails
December 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
OK. So of course when I was PG with my boys, I had girls names I liked. But now that I'm PG with a girl, I can't think of any!! I've always liked boys names for girls but am drawing blanks there as well!! I like Owen for a girl (could call her Wynne or Winnie). I also like Hunter, but DH hates it. Any other boy names that are cute for girls??

Thanks everyone!!

XXPlease
December 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Parker is cute and I've always loved Dallas for a girl!

ynwa
December 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I love Charlie :,)

nuthinbutpink
December 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I do not like Owen for a girl at all. Sorry.

Reese
Reagan
Avery
Bailey

Wanting-a-girl
December 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I would never personally name my girl a boy name! If I finally get my she will have a very girly pretty name... I got to use boy names three times already

TRL
December 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
What about...
Ryan or spell it Rian
Kennedy
Hayden
I also like Dallas too.
Love Avery also.

TRL
December 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Also my son has a girl Dylan in his class.
Logan also I have heard for a girl. My youngest is Logan and love the name.

Mum23boys
December 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I know a female Aiden pronouced Aidee
I love Sydney ( sidney )
Jamie ?
Peta prounounced Peter

Cinss
December 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Chayse, Ashleigh, Peta, Alex, Sasha, Kris, Jaden, Finn, Blair

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Babycenter.com is a great place to find lists of names.

cvd
December 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Our son is named Ryder, and we have heard of a few other girls with the same name!! Although my concern with that would be the sexual jokes in high school etc. I guess we don't really mind our son going through that, but I'd hate my daughter or a little girl to haha! If that makes sense?
We have already got the joke "Ryder? What's his last name.. harder?"

alreadyneedivf
December 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
we love jordan and sydney for a girl--we said with our first if it's a girl we would name it sydney jordan. Now we aren't sure what we will do if we have a girl, but may still use that name:)

HopingForPigtails
December 14th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Those are all great suggestions everyone!! I know- it's silly to want to name a girl with a boy name when I already have two boys! It seems like there's a big move toward the old-time girly girl names right now like Pearl, Grace, Rose, Vivienne, Nora, Mabel, etc. Funny how the trends go. I hadn't thought of Dallas for a girl which is cute! And TRL- I love Kennedy. So cute. Cvd- I had actually thought of Ryder before and thought about the same exact sexual connotation given she's a girl. Like people would say things like "her name is Ryder? So are you going to Ride Her?". Not cool for a girl! :-)

Anyhow- I'm just hoping something will stick out once I meet her at least :-).

Thanks so much for all of your help!

BeadinMom
December 14th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I have sons named Quinn, Brennan and Cameron and know little girls with the same names.
Mackenzie had been on our list for girls at one point...we would've called her Mackie.
I have a girlfriend whose little girl is Emerson....her nn is Emmie.

Mum2boys
December 14th, 2012, 02:24 AM
My favorite "boys" name for a girl is Campbell I have a friend with a little girl name Campbell and her nn is cammie very cute I think :)

The Anchor
December 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I have sons named Quinn, Brennan and Cameron and know little girls with the same names.
Mackenzie had been on our list for girls at one point...we would've called her Mackie.
I have a girlfriend whose little girl is Emerson....her nn is Emmie.

Awesome names Beadin...

BeadinMom
December 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks Anchor!! ♥

hotdogz&boyz
December 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I love Elliott for a girl. Always have. It was our main choice had our second been a girl. But we did chose a more classical girl name for our daughter on the way. My tastes just changed. But I still love Elliott.

lovemy4
December 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM
There are a few boy names that I like for a girl and they are all very unisex names--

Avery
Finley
Harper
Reese
Dell
Spencer
Parker
Quinn
Taryn/Taran
Carson/Carsyn

glory
February 14th, 2013, 01:26 AM
I am just seeing this hoping, I am so happy to hear that someone is having the same debate as me. I have loved only one name since before I was pregnant and it is a boys name. I think having had 3 boys, I would want a real girly, girl name but I just can't find one.

My kids names are a little bit out of the ordinary, but easy to spell and say, just not an everyday kid name.

Anyway, I love the name Spencer, I like Spence or Penny for short, but just don't know if I can go there with a boys name for girl.

I too love Emmerson, but that is ds2's middle name (I also wish I kept his first name for a girl, it is a boys name that can be used for a girl) and I have a niece Charlie.

I also liked Peyton, but friend of mine just had her 4th boy and he is Peyton so I am not sure.

I did think if I named her Spencer, I could give her a nice girly middle name like Grace?

Oh and Kennedy was on our list, very cute, but I am not sure about it's shortened version.

HopingForPigtails
February 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Oh yes, Glory!! We're still having problems with names! I also like Spencer- I was just wondering if its becoming popular?? I guess it doesn't matter if it is. I've always loved Emerson- but where I live it's become really popular. So I don't know!! It is funny after having boys, you'd think we'd want really girly names! I think we might be getting closer. The names we like the most are not ones I think most people would love- but they go with our boys' names which are European. Names are so hard!!

5boysandcounting
March 10th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Jordan ? when I named it my son it was only a boys name as far as I knew but since then it has become popular for girls too. I also like Hayden.