PDA

View Full Version : Not sure this was such a good idea. Why am I doing this again?

Violet_
December 14th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Firstly, I feel guilty for having these thoughts, but I'm so not sure that having another baby was the best decision. I think I will feel differently when bub is here but right now, I'm so sick and feel like I'm struggling so much with my older children that I wonder what the heck was I thinking? Plus pregnancy itself is quite stressful. I worry about the baby all the way through. I'm tired, oh gosh am I tired!!! Struggling to keep my eyes open. I can barely clean the house as I have to sit down all the time due to dizziness and fatigue. Then there is the birth! I screamed all the way through my children's births. They hurt so much!! Labours are fast and hard, no time for pain relief but far out they still hurt like hell with contractions one on top of the other all the way through for about 4 hours (last two). First son was more like 20 hour labour but he was my first. Back to pregnancy, it takes so long to create another little human. The count down. The long long countdown. Can't believe I'm doing this again. Ahhh. I'm only 7 weeks. I have so long to go still!

OneLastDream
December 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I've had all those feelings before since I have been pregnant. Normally when I am mega tired or the house is a mess or the kids are bickering! I also have feelings of how will I cope with 4 boys and what am I doing. I am assuming its all normal xx you are bound to feel like that as you are in the hardest part. Take care and hope sickness goes soon x

BabyCakesTor
December 14th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I feel you... I hate pregnancy! And my Dr decided to put me on a strict diet... I've had a lot of weight gain and big babies.
NO GREASY FOOD
NO FAST FOOD
NO JUICE
NO SODA
SNACK EVERY TWO HOURS
SMALL PORTION MEAL FOR DINNER
30 minutes exercise daily
Water water water

This f'n sucks already!

dreamingpink77
December 14th, 2012, 04:55 AM
I feel for you hun and believe me you are not alone in this. I don't have 3 boys like you do, only got one and this is gonna be my second, so I def cannot compare myself to you. But sometimes I start thinking that now my son is 12 and he's all grown up, I'm used to not having to care for him every minute like with younger children. I kind of got used to getting my indipendence back. He doesn't need a nappy change or a bottle or someone to help him bathe or change his clothes. And whenever I want to go out, I don't have to spend hours preparing him dress, or getting the nursery bag ready. It's as if I'm gonna start all over again and I think I'm gonna find this very hard....it's king of losing my independence once again. As for the pregnancy, I'm feeling much better this week, so try to hold on to some more weeks to pass and you'll feel less tired and regain more energy. I'm not nauseous anymore and I'm finding it easier to do chores. It will be easier for you too in a couple of weeks dear. As for labour, honestly I'm super terrified too. I don't wanna think about it cause when I do, I burst into tears...when I think of what I'll have to go through once again. I was sure I was gonna die when I had my son...I thought that I wasn't even going to see my baby being born, it was so painful. I really hope it will be easier for us this time.
Don't feel guilty about having these thoughts, it's only normal. Plus hormones don't help either! It will soon pass especially when you'll start feeling the baby move :) We're gonna be fine in the end :) I hope you will be feeling much better soon sweetie! :hug2:

Atsaukina1
December 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
yes this 1st trimester is kicking my butt I feel like crap all day, the house is a mess, dh is not feeling my pain and not chipping in like he should. he likes to think i'm a faker although I always am up doing everything. even after I have the babe the next day i am up making breakfast for everyone so why would I fake uggg. I was just telling dh last night wish men could feel how hard the 1st trimester is rrrrr. at least when you are sick you throw up and then feel better w/ this you just feel like urrrling all day and then if you do, you stilldon 't get a break uggg. oh squishy lil sweet babes see what we do for you:)

wilma_five
December 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I feel you too! And omg, After boy 4 I did it again, and again........
(8 weeks and 5 days pregnant)

EmmyRoo
December 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hi violet, just wanted to send some :hugs: to you. I'm only 4 weeks so at the moment I feel ok and still excited but I know I'll go through everything you are thinking soon. My boys are SO badly behaved at the moment, I scream from dawn till dusk and I think how the h*ll will I manage three of them?? I'm addicted to that all-consuming love I get for my newborns, I forget they turn into rowdy toddlers that I have to discipline!
I saw your thread about how ill you are, it's absolutely awful feeling like that. With DS1 I was nauseous 24/7 till 13 weeks but never sick, I don't know how you cope with throwing up all day. I'm quite sure that a lot of your mental state right now is down to feeling so awful. I remember reading that some women consider termination because their m/s is so bad - I never really understood that until I was pregnant with DS1 (not that I'd ever do that but the relentless nausea at a time when your life is flipping upside down and you're trying to hide it from everyone is horrendous).

I'm trying to keep in mind that before DS2 I wasn't sure how I'd cope with 2, somehow you just learn to adapt - I'm hoping that's true of having a third, fourth, fifth etc!

Re. your labour and birth fears, I so hear you, I'm terrified of giving birth again. Can you discuss it with your midwife and see if there's anything she can advise or suggest to ease the stress before and the pain during? Hypnobirthing? A TENS machine to use at home so you're not stuck without any pain relief? There may even be new pain relief options since you last gave birth?

I hope you're ok, remember we're all here to help each other through.

X

3boys
December 15th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I feel you babe. I've got Hyperemisis this pregnancy so Im just constantly sick. I do feel a bit better since I've been put on medication and the 2nd trimester has eased it a little but I am still bad. It's affecting my children, the school run, visiting people everything. I keep thinking Gosh what have I let myself in for and then I think of holding my beautiful babe in my arms and I know it will all be worth it.
Hope you feel better soon x

Mum23boys
December 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Well I was ok until today and today i feel sh*t i feel lathargic, nauseaous, upset. I just lie on the bed crying thinking im going to throw up. Luckily dh has just left me here and i can hear him looking after the boys but he wont do housework that i will do when i feel better but he has bought me juice and given me a cudde so i feel lucky to have him here.
I really hope you start to feel better soon hun - just remember IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT !!