PDA

View Full Version : How did you/will you tell your parents?

EmmyRoo
December 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone's come up with any really nice ways to tell your parents you're pregnant? As this is our last baby I want to really enjoy telling them - especially as it'll be so unexpected (everyone IRL bar one sister and one friend thinks we're not having any more kids).
I saw a lovely suggestion here a few months ago, where you make a 2013 photo calendar with all the family birthdays on it, plus "baby no. 3 due!" on the due date. I had it all set up then realised the company charge £10 for 7 day delivery, almost as much as the calender itself! We're really skint and can't afford £40 for what was meant to be a novelty present for our parents, plus 7days probably isn't long enough now. SO, I'm back to square one, any suggestions?? We go to my parents' on 21st, next Fri, so not much time to plan!
Thank you! X

cvd
December 14th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi! We didn't do anything overly exciting. Brought DS over to my in laws in a best big bro shirt - took then an hour to notice lol we had a good laugh. And with my parents it was my moms bday so in the card we signed our names and added "+ Aubree?". Hope you get a great idea! It's so exciting to tell!

Atsaukina1
December 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
well family lives on the other side of country mil still has not even met our 2 year old:((of course she's seen her other grandbaby multiple time don't get me started rrrr) but we make her a photo calendar every year for x'mas gift and this year for dec. it has our family pic and then like a mastercard pricless commercial saying under it-
earrings-$12
shirt-$20
realizing their are 7 people in this picture- priceless
something like that
also on my edd is a pic of booties that says boy or girl?
haven't mailed it yet. we have never shared w/ family this early so kinda regretting my decision but thought it would be fun. but it's her present and it's already made so i have to send it eventually ugg

Atsaukina1
December 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM
could make him a shirt w/ fabric markers like the one cvd did. that's how i told dh and fam last time:)
maybe a pretty card to hand her that sys your going to be a grandma "again"

EmmyRoo
December 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for your replies. DS1 had a "cool big bro" t-shirt when DS2 was born, I did think of putting it on DS2 on Friday and seeing how long it took for them to notice. Only thing is we haven't told the boys yet as I don't want to risk DS1 (who's 5) saying anything to anyone until the 12 week scan is done and we know everything's ok (please please). Could be hard explaining why everyone's hugging and laughing etc?
X

rainbowflower
December 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
first time around I emailed my mum a photo of the pregnancy test (we live 200 miles apart)
and we told other family with a private scan photo in a christmas card

3boys
December 15th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I just left a pee stick out for my mum to see. Wasn't very exciting but i was a little worried about telling her i was pregnant with my 4th so kept it short and sweet.

Mommyof3boys
December 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
We still haven't told anyone yet. I'm thinking we will mail a card after Christmas when I am 14 weeks. I also thought about having ds3 open a gift for his birthday in January with a big brother shirt in the box when I am 17 weeks because I don't think anyone would be negative in front of the kids. I'm really not sure what we are going to do but we are going to have to decide soon because I can't fit in my pants anymore and I can't pull out my maternity pants because my sister will recognize them so I had to buy some cheap maternity pants on eBay that look like regular pants but they are starting to get a little snug because they only have the elastic band on the top and those don't work for me for very long.

BabyCakesTor
December 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
To tell my MIL we bought a jewelry box and had it engraved Grandma of 4. I put a pic of the pg test and will be giving to her on Xmas.

EmmyRoo
December 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks all, I've kind of decided to see if I can get some clear xmas baubles that I can put bits of paper inside which have the names and dates of birth of each grandchild. So when my parents open the box they'll see three for my boys and my sister's DD, then a 4th with "baby our surname expected 18th August 2013". Same for DH's parents, I can't wait to see their faces! It's something that can be added to each time there's a new baby in the family too.
X

BeadinMom
December 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
For DS2, it was Christmas...I gave my mom a bracelet box with a note inside that said, "You're going to be a grandma again!"
She cried, she was so excited. It was super sweet.

Good luck, Emmy!!!