Big O? yes, simultaneous

Minerals DW

Calcium? around 600mg a day
Magnesium? around 300 mg a day
Potassium? 4500-5000 mg a day
Sodium? around 3500 mg a day

DH minerals? Shared meals

Diet

Duration of diet? Alkaline diet/boy minerals six weeks, then eased into TW last four weeks
Dietary Changes? Meat three times a week, a wide range of foods, potatoes regularly, blended fruits every day.
Did you continue diet after attempt. If so for how long? No, cut back on salt after O.
DH consume caffeine before attempt day? 1 cup of coffee or coke a day + a few cups of black tea
DH consume caffeine 1/2 hour or an hour before BD? Yes, black tea.

Hormones? Weights and muscle toning six days a week, challenges at work with new leading position, so I was quite aggressive :wink: .

Drinks? Green tea three times a day from AF to O. Lemon water daily, but cut down to move urine pH from 9 to 7.5 (optimal health pH).

Supplements

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)? no
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets? no
Alka Seltzer Gold? no
Green Tea? no, drank it
Fertile-CM? no
False Unicorn? no
Vitamin E? yes (400iui)
Fish Oil? yes
Folic Acid? Yes, 850mg day
Flaxseed Oil? no
Potassium pills? Yes (540 mg)
L-Arginine? no
Tribulus terrestris? no
Vitamin B12? yes
Zinc? Yes
Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen? no
Others? Pynogenol, Vit E & B6

DH supps? Pycnogenol, multivitamin with extra zinc, ginseng, fish oil

Timing

Length of DH abstinence? 5 days
BD on O? yes
How close to O? evening before
BD how often? Once, evening before O
Charting O with Temp? yes
Charting O with OPK? yes
Fertility monitor used? no
suspected O date? March 10, 2011

Ions

O in what moon phase? New
Changed ions in other ways? Being on laptop all day, pretty much, city living, working in air-conditioned lab.

How many kids do you have? 1

What gender(s)? girl

Number of months TTC? 6

Your Age? 34

BD position? missionary

EWCM present - how much? A fair amount, unusually clear this month, it's usually a bit cloudy for me, could have been the diet change.

DH type of undies? boxers

Did you use instead cups - how long? no

DH use cold bath/shower or ice? no

OWT - anything under bed? no

Comments? Got PG three months after a chemical. Changing diets from alkaline/boy to TW meant a lot more focus on red meat and testosterone-inducing activities, an increase in calcium and magnesium, but only a slight drop in CM/DH pH mix (from 8 to 7.5).

Gender Resulted? Will update in time...EDD 1/12/2011. Did all I could, will be happy for either gender really, as long as it sticks. What will be will be :happy: .

Update: a healthy :XX: EDD 29/11/2011

ELP
April 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
That sounds brilliant Freya, job well done:agree:

Freya
April 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Thank you, ELP :) !

begonia
April 3rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats on the BFP Freya! Looks like a really great sway! Fascinating that the switch from alkaline to TW didn't have a more dramatic change in pH. Swaying makes us such little science experiments :-) Hope you got your boy!

My Fabulous Children
April 4th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Good sway! I hope you get your boy, good luck.

Freya
April 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thank you, girls :heart: !

Congrats on the BFP Freya! Looks like a really great sway! Fascinating that the switch from alkaline to TW didn't have a more dramatic change in pH. Swaying makes us such little science experiments :-) Hope you got your boy!

Yes, I found that fascinating, too, begonia. I think it was the testosterone that did it, really. I also thought it really interesting that my EWCM was so clear, that must have been the testosterone-effect :) .

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM
NICE JOB! That's a brillant sway, all crossed for a healthy boy for you!!!!!!!

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Um, and simulataneous big O? JEALOUS!

LauraInTexas
April 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'm glad to hear the TW diet didn't throw off your pH too much. I've been thinking about switching next month.

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm glad to hear the TW diet didn't throw off your pH too much. I've been thinking about switching next month.

I highly recommend that, I think it is much healthier....I think Freya will agree with me there!

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I am really excited for you! I think that's a fantastic sway!

Flava
April 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2343/2343800kod728o584.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)
Hope it's a boy!
Umm what is TW ladies?

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thank you so much, everyone :awe: !

Um, and simulataneous big O? JEALOUS!

Better than instead cups :rofl: . I've been doing this for too long, I was like, hmm, interesting suction effect, that's practical...

TW is Trivers Willard, BTW, Flava. As Lola said, I've been much happier with that than with counting minerals, but then I gave up on the boy diet because I felt it was affecting me badly. In brief, TW's high nutrition, high testosterone, and good health gives boys. Atomic can tell you more I'm sure...:wink:

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Good luck! :) What is the TW diet?

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM

To be frank, I don't think CM pH gets that affected by super-high pH food intake, at least that's my experience. There seemed to be an upper limit. The hormonal control plays a greater part in shifting the pH from slightly acidic CM to alkaline EWCM.

Oh, and thank you daisyfay, see the above post.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hey! The Trivers Willard hypothesis is the idea underlying the "low everything/high everything" diets for girl/boy. The idea that boys need more nutrients and so you are more likely to conceive a boy when your body "thinks" you have a lot of access to nutritious foods. For blue diet ideas please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1397-recipes-and-meal-suggestions-for-TTC-Blue

Here is my old blog from IG that I originally wrote when I was researching it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?253-Trivers-Willard-hypothesis&highlight=trivers+willard

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Freya, I agree....I was alkalizing myself to death for a while before not caring anymore and my cm ph was always 5 or so, even if urine ph would get up there. This is why I used to have IG panic attacks....

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Great sway!!!
Can I ask, I have been having 99mg potassium but you have heaps more? Is that ok to do?

ELP
April 9th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Hey! The Trivers Willard hypothesis is the idea underlying the "low everything/high everything" diets for girl/boy. The idea that boys need more nutrients and so you are more likely to conceive a boy when your body "thinks" you have a lot of access to nutritious foods. For blue diet ideas please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1397-recipes-and-meal-suggestions-for-TTC-Blue

Here is my old blog from IG that I originally wrote when I was researching it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?253-Trivers-Willard-hypothesis&highlight=trivers+willard
Atomic can you post your IG blog overhere so it can be accessed directly? I know more ladies are showing alot more interest in trying something new aren't they.

Freya
April 9th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Great sway!!!
Can I ask, I have been having 99mg potassium but you have heaps more? Is that ok to do?

Thanks, TTC5! You'll have to see what your stomach can handle. It can be good to build up gradually, and take the doses spread out over the day. It also depends on your other potassium intake, because you musn't take too much. I was checking with FitDay to make sure. I think it says on IG that potassium supplements are not absorbed very well, but I would say count every mg, because if you take them with food that might not be the case at all. GL!

Freya
April 9th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Freya, I agree....I was alkalizing myself to death for a while before not caring anymore and my cm ph was always 5 or so, even if urine ph would get up there. This is why I used to have IG panic attacks....

I used to get so stressed too, DH was telling me to stop swaying, as all the mineral counting was probably making me sterile with stress :) . I think the problem is that these issues are not discussed properly over on IG, so people are just feeling like failures when they might be trying for the impossible. I only measured CM pH a couple of times, I always had something like 6, which is why I felt better measuring the mixed pH on the day. That's the only thing that matters anyway.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Atomic can you post your IG blog overhere so it can be accessed directly? I know more ladies are showing alot more interest in trying something new aren't they.

It is over here ELP - it's in the Science section http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?253-Trivers-Willard-hypothesis&highlight=Trivers+Willard+hypothesis

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
PLEASE be careful with the potassium girls! It can KILL you if you get too much.

boyjoy
April 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Looks you did everything possible, Hope there is a blue bean baking in there.
What is Pynogenol for?

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 01:08 AM
PLEASE be careful with the potassium girls! It can KILL you if you get too much.

What side effects would you get if you were having too much?

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
What is Pynogenol for?

Pycogenol is an antioxidant that may help boost fertility.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
What side effects would you get if you were having too much?

Heart problems and seizures. What's even worse is that your body starts peeing out tons of potassium trying to get rid of the stuff, and then you end up peeing out not only other things you need but also a lot of extra potassium and then if you suddenly cut back or stop the potassium, you can swing to the opposite extreme and end up with too little potassium and go into sudden heart failure and drop dead. That is why I like dietary potassium sources rather than supplements, because your body knows what to "do" with potassium it gets via food.

TTC5
June 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Oh gosh! :O

Freya
June 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM

Thank you, boyjoy, and for you too :) !

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Oh gosh! :O

I know, right?? Scary business.

TTC5
June 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Just wondering how your going Freya?

babyblue
June 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm curious too!

Freya
June 28th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks TTC5 and boyjoy! Everything's fine, I've just gone into my second trimester growth spurt and I've got a bit of a belly getting in the way of things ;) . Got a scan on Thursday, and hope the tec will see the gender. Will update. Fingers crossed :) !

TTC5
June 28th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Oh how exciting!!!! What do you think it is, any feelings? xx

begonia
June 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Wow Freya, how it has flown!!! Glad you're doing well!

Freya
June 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Well, TTC5, the funny thing was that during the first scan I got a "girl" gut feeling, and the tec today said 100% girl. So there you go. At least I tried! Anyway, she was really positive over how healthy the baby looked, and I have been so worried about things going wrong, so that was nice to hear.

Nice to hear from you begonia :) , how are you doing?

babydes56
June 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats on your healthy baby girl! At least you did try & now know she was meant to be. I bet she'll bring you lots of joy. Enjoy the rest of your preg

skrimpy
June 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Congrats on your healthy baby girl Freya. I know you will adore her - I am loving my new little lady <3

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hey Freya, hope you are doing well. You will LOVE having two little gals, it is wonderful! So glad to hear she is healthy as can be also. xxoo

begonia
June 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Well, TTC5, the funny thing was that during the first scan I got a "girl" gut feeling, and the tec today said 100% girl. So there you go. At least I tried! Anyway, she was really positive over how healthy the baby looked, and I have been so worried about things going wrong, so that was nice to hear.

Nice to hear from you begonia :) , how are you doing?

Hi Freya! First I am really, really glad to hear your little one looks perfect! Now that I'm pg again the health is really my primary concern so I get exactly what you're saying there. Next, congrats on your second little lady! I agree with Lola ... 2 girls is way fun. I have told DH more than 1x how happy I am to have a pair... DD2's personality is just way too fun. And your sway was rockin' so surely she was meant to be with you guys :awe:

My gut is this bean I have now is a girl too. So we'll see. My gut with DD2 was boy though so maybe I'll be wrong again, but either way it will be great to have another child in our family. :happy:

All the best to you in the rest of your pregnancy!

Freya
June 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you so much, ladies :heart: ! You're so right, sometimes things are just meant to be, and I'm sure I'm meant to have this girl.

And begonia - you've got such a great attitude and you're absolutely right. Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy too :) !

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Congrats on your pink bean!

Zivic-Bubac
July 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Congrats on your baby girl!!!! :HH: Like I said to boyjoy, your girls are little fighters, everything was against them, and they were meant to be :awe:

Lola said it well: having 2 girls is great experience, take it from me-you'll enjoy it! Also you can always try for #3 :wink:

Freya
July 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Thank you, Zivic and atomic :) !