PDA

View Full Version : Dr Potter Natera was refused in my clinic for PGD family balancing need your help

GT77
December 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Dear Dr. Sher, ( from NY department of Health)

This is in response to a request to submit a clinical specimen for testing to a laborartory that does not hold a New York State clinical laboratory permit in the appropriate category or New York STate approval for the test indicated. After careful consideration of the information provided, we are unable to grant you an exemption for the following request.

Request- family balancing/ PGD for aneuploidy screening by microarray with parent of orgin studies.
Specimen Type: Blastomere
Request Lab0 Natera.

The following labs that are permitted for the requesting testing is

Well Medicnal college of cornell university of infertility laboratory ( I have no idea what they offer)

Or

Reprogentics.

So, RMA as we discussed only does biopsy on hatching blasts.
I can do a FSH 3, but that is too risky. Do they still do Fsh 9??
Or do i do ACGH day 5 and then do a FET?

Confused and now more lost~! I need your help again!! Thanks!

Dr. Potter
January 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Dear Dr. Sher, ( from NY department of Health)

This is in response to a request to submit a clinical specimen for testing to a laborartory that does not hold a New York State clinical laboratory permit in the appropriate category or New York STate approval for the test indicated. After careful consideration of the information provided, we are unable to grant you an exemption for the following request.

Request- family balancing/ PGD for aneuploidy screening by microarray with parent of orgin studies.
Specimen Type: Blastomere
Request Lab0 Natera.

The following labs that are permitted for the requesting testing is

Well Medicnal college of cornell university of infertility laboratory ( I have no idea what they offer)

Or

Reprogentics.

So, RMA as we discussed only does biopsy on hatching blasts.
I can do a FSH 3, but that is too risky. Do they still do Fsh 9??
Or do i do ACGH day 5 and then do a FET?

Confused and now more lost~! I need your help again!! Thanks!

Are you trying to have insurance pay for it?

GT77
January 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM
NO, I am paying 100% out of pocket for PGD & for IVF. So, it has nothing to do with insurance, but I guess since NY STATE of health felt that since I was doing it only for family balancing that I should use the labs that are closer to me not in California. I actually have no idea what their reasoning is, but Sirm emailed me the letter. I can send you the letter I got.

GT77
January 6th, 2013, 02:35 AM
I am guessing in order to use "natera in Sirm Lab in NYC", they had to get it approved & obviously Natera probably is not used in Sirm NYC at all. Who knows!! There needs to be a reason of why NY health turned me down for using out of state lab. I think the felt I didn't need Natera, and that ACGH was fine for the reasonings of family balancing. I do not think the NY STATE is aware that ACGH & Natera is different technologies and one is better than the other. I think since they feel I do not have a specific reason they turned me down. :(