PDA

View Full Version : My significant contribution to stupid questions

Zivic-Bubac
April 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
On (rare) occasions when I was eating cereals, I used to eat them with yoghurt and squashed banana. Yogurt we have here is in liquid form
I'm planning to start eating oat for breakfast much more often, but with what? It would be very dry with just banana in it. Maybe Orange juice?
Or that small amount of yogurt (4-5 times per week) won't hurt my sway?

Coccinelle33
April 2nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
i think cereal with a banana and whole milk would be great for a boy. i would skip the yogurt though and a big glass of orange juice. sounds so yummy to me. no wonder i have 4 boys! here are some other morning ideas-

bagel w/ cream cheese
sausage biscuit
donuts
muffins
potatoes
grape fruit juice
apple juice
grape juice
orange juice
pineapple juice
peanut putter on whole wheat toast
peanut butter and bananas

Zivic-Bubac
April 3rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thank you for answering mommy duke!:HH:
I thought peanut butter was acidifying? But I guess it has high nutritional value.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
On (rare) occasions when I was eating cereals, I used to eat them with yoghurt and squashed banana. Yogurt we have here is in liquid form
I'm planning to start eating oat for breakfast much more often, but with what? It would be very dry with just banana in it. Maybe Orange juice?
Or that small amount of yogurt (4-5 times per week) won't hurt my sway?

I think that amount of yogurt is fine for blue, or the full-fat milk is another option. Try to get full-fat yogurt if you can. I ate HUGE bowls of yogurt with blueberries several times a week when I TTC DS 3.

Keep an eye on your daily calcium intake, if you are trying to stick within the limits of 250-400 mg a day you can still do that and have a cup of milk or yogurt, because they have 300 mg per cup, just be a little more careful on days you do that. 1/2 cup will give you even more "wiggle room".

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Thank you for answering mommy duke!:HH:
I thought peanut butter was acidifying? But I guess it has high nutritional value.

Peanut butter is acidifying and has just a smidge of calcium, but it is SO healthy with good fats and protein, that it still is great for blue. Ate it all the time with DS 2 esp. and also DS 3 (I mean like every day!!! with DS 2!) LOVE peanut butter.

Zivic-Bubac
April 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks Atomic!:happy: