PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Hopeless regarding Sway.

Inky
December 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I swayed girl and I'm 7 weeks pregnant now and almost certain I'm going to have another boy, based on my last 3 pregnancies. My gut instinct was also right. With my first, I wanted a girl, but sensed it was a boy. With my second, I wanted a girl, and sensed it was a girl, but kept telling myself it was a boy to not get my hopes up. With my third, I wanted a girl, but sensed it was a boy. This time, I want a girl, and sense it's a boy.

With my son, I had mild m/s and only got sick maybe twice. I craved salty foods (like french fries), meats, cheese, and chocolate.
With my daughter, I had SEVERE m/s and couldn't even keep water down. I craved sweets, sours (lemon pie especially), and fruit. I was really tired all the time.
With my second son, I had mild m/s and I don't think I got sick AT ALL. I don't remember what I craved.
Now I am pregnant again and I'm really tired all the time again, but I have NO morning sickness. I have been eating a lot of meat and cheese. Craving things like pizza, taco bell. Also craving fruit, Limeade, lemon bars, chocolate. My cravings for cheese, meat, and chocolate do seem to be going away, but my gut instinct is this is a boy will not. My kids all say it's a girl.

Anyway, this pregnancy feels more like a mix between my boy pregnancies and my girl pregnancy, but the complete non-existence of morning sickness has me thinking boy :( I know some ppl have no morning sickness and still have a girl or have bad morning sickness and still have a boy, but my PERSONAL history indicates m/s=girl no m/s=boy. I guess I'm hoping someone else with kids of both genders can tell me that they had a pattern that eventually got broken, and restore my hope that I might still have another girl. This will be my last pregnancy (unless we become millionaires, but even then might be too late because DH is getting a V. after this baby is born.)

BeadinMom
December 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Aww Inky, don't lose hope...
I think that's definitely an old wive's tail.
I have a girlfriend who has had m/s with both her boys and girls.
I think sometimes people get it and sometimes they just don't....I don't think it's a clear indicator of baby gender.
My sister has a girl and 2 boys and didn't have it with any of her kids.

Violet_
December 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry can't help. I've only ever had the one gender, boys. I've been sick as hell with all of them, including this one. I think I'm having another boy.

Inky
December 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I've heard of people who had none with boys and girls or always have it with both genders, but I guess for me I feel like there's a "pattern". Thanks for trying to keep my hope alive, though! I actually read that there is some clout to the m/s theory. Obviously it's not 100%, though.

this article explains with old wives tales actually hold some truth:
| The Sun |Woman|Health|Health (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/3348257/.html)

BeadinMom
December 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I guess if it helps you prepare yourself to believe it's a boy, it'll be a really nice surprise if it turns out to be a girl.

I wish both of you ladies lots of luck and two big PINK surprises!! ;)