PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever asked about your mother's diet/what/how she ate before conceiving you?

suregena
April 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
I asked my mother this last night out of curiousity (as I am her only girl and she had three sons.)

She sat and thought about it a moment, and then said, "Oh, that's right... I had been trying to diet and was skipping meals and mainly living off slim fast. I had lost a lot of weight before I got pregnant with you. We weren't really trying yet at the time to have a baby and then there you were! Shocked I had a girl."

And I went, "MOM! That's crazy!" Hah--I began telling her all of the things I have been reading and told her it sort of makes since why all of a sudden she had "her girl" because she had lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating well to try to keep losing weight. She was very intrigued by it all, to say the least.

To me, this just made a whole lot of sense with the theories of gender swaying.

Have you ever asked your mother's what their eating habits were before you were conceived?

swish
April 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
My mum had 3 girls then a boy and she was a vegetarian fir the first 2 girls and was always dieting. Nit sure how her diet changed for my brother though

Glittergirl
April 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Yes I did! My mom had 3 girls NO boys. I told her the things I've been reading and researching (I didn't tell her how obsessively though!) and the one thing that struck her was douching! I've posted this before, but back in the 70's and 80s douching wasn't so frowned upon health wise and she said she used douches a lot. another thing was she was a yo-yo dieter and used to take those diet pills like dexatrim. Another thing she said was she LOVED dairy and used to drink milk and eat yogurt a ton.

queen-of-harts
April 2nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
My mom did say she lost weigh before getting pregnant with me and sis,she had 3 boys 2 girls.

Coccinelle33
April 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
my mom was a smoker and always drinks coffee in the morning and normally skips breakfast. when she would eat lunch it would normally be some type of eggs. she was on a big soda kick around that time and never liked chicken too much. she eats a lot of beef and white rice. i think for her it was more of an acidic type thing. i have 1 sister and 1 brother. im pretty sure she did some douching as well.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
My mom never ate breakfast, ate only two meals a day, and smokes like a chimney. She drinks pretty much only coffee and tea - I have never seen her drink milk in my life except when she was pregnant and she complained constantly how much she hated it - athough when school was in session, she would eat hot lunch with the kids (she is a teacher) and would drink one 1/2 pint of milk a day. She also chews gum all day long. She is very thin, 125 lbs and 5-8.

She had 3 girls (lost one) and a boy.

Belle
April 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
My mum is a health and fitness fanatic she only eats steamed veggies and fish and jogs 2 to 3 times a day she has always been like that. We are 3 girls

xnicolax
April 4th, 2011, 09:13 AM
My dad gave my mam quite a hard time when they were together, had her completely paranoid about her weight, she was always really skinny when she was with him, my nana and grandad used to worry about her as apparently, she hardly ate.

She had my brother after she married someone else, they are content together and she eats whatever she wants and has gained weight over the years, not loads but she isn't skinny like she used to be.

purplepoet20
April 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I can't/wont ask my mother anything but since she did have 5 kids (3G and 2B) I do know a little...

With Sis1 my parents were in the Military and just moved to Germany. They were trying to get moved in and didn't eat very healthy and skipped 1-2 meals a day. Sadly my sister passed away at 31 days old due to SID's.

With Bro1 my parents were still in the 1st year of grieving and moving back to Cali. Both my parents ate a lot of bad resturant food and to many beers. They were fighting everyday and making up everynight.

With ME my mother had started going to school and wasn't eating much. She was 101 lbs when she got pregnant with me.

With younger sis my parents had been fighting again and left each other for several months and had only a few moments of romance and got pregnant. My mother was under a lot of stress and didn't sleep or eat much.

With baby bro (when I was 13) my mother got pregnant while living with a new boyfriend. She had hurt her foot and was on pain meds and told not the have unprotected sex but I think she wanted to get pregnant. Her boyfriend was a big meat eater and hated veggies and most fruits. So both their diets had a lot of cereal, meat, beer, and fastfood. My mother did gain a lot of weight before getting pregnant.

My brother has 3 kids 2G and 1B in the middle... They used Clomid for the first one and the others were conceived naturally with no swaying. They were still BF DD1 when they got pregnant with the DS but they were eating a lot of protein and high fat foods. With DD2 they were not trying to get pregnant because my sis-in-law wanted to loose weight and end up getting pregnant.

My mom-in-law was only blessed with one child of her own... She is Italian and married to a Hippie/Viking. They ate a balanced diet of proteins, veggies, and fruits. They had pasta 2 days a week. After having a son, they became vegan, and after 8 years of trying they never got pregnant and gave up.

stellanneedsasis
April 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
My mom had 3 girls, during that time she always kept herself extremely thin and didn't eat much. She also was a diet pepsi addict! She is italian though and would normally include tomatoes in her diet. She also drank coffee with half and half. Her and I laughed when I explained to her "girl diet" she swears it was all the diet pepsi she consumed! She didn't not work out at all, and was pretty high stress.

Tulips
April 10th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I don't know my Mum's diet but I do know they were quite poor and didn't eat a lot of meat because of this so it fits the TW theory.

Tulips
April 10th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Actually thinking more on this, my grandma had two girls first when they were quite poor, they owned a tree farm (inherited) but started off with very little. They then had a boy but I think he was concieved just after end of year (when they had more money) they then had another girl, times got better and they had 4 more boys.

pastelpicnic
April 20th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Ok so, my mom had ( 1 girl ( me ) and 2 boys ). So when she had me she and was married to my dad she was 21yrs. old and weighed only 98 lbs!!! she said that she didn't eat any breakfast and she would have a Coke and snickers bar around 11 am. Then for lunch she would have some corn chips and some sort of bean dip or sour cream dip and another Coke. For dinner she would have veggies or a salad and a lot of hard sharp cheddar cheese and a Coke! She said she never ate any fruit then because it was too expensive and didn't care for it at the time. She said that her and my dad DTD once if not twice a day. Now when she conceived her boys it was with a different guy who was a HUGE red meat eater! and by this time she was eating 5 to 6 small meals a day and was 15 lbs. heavier. She mentioned that by the time she had my brother s her love affair with salt began and put it on EVERYTHING!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2011, 01:24 AM
I just talked to my mom and grandma a bit more about this.
My grandma has 3 living children, all boys. 4 miscarriages between the live births- all boys except one. I asked her if there was anything different about that period of her life when she conceived a girl. She said it was totally different. It was a time in her life when she was eating way less and very unhealthily. She ate very little meat, was underweight and was stressed to the max because they were moving across Canada with no money and 3 kids to boot.

With my mom, she said that she wasn't really low salt at all, but she was very low protein and what she did eat, meat wise, was very lean. She ate nothing for breakfast most days, had a coffee in the am, small protein shake at lunch and then had vegies and gravy for dinner. She lost lots of weight before I was conceived...about 20 lbs which at her size is a lot. She had dairy all the time and was always hungry. I was also a condom baby as was my sister!! .....LOL! Nice....it's great to know how she got her girls but I didn't really need to know that much info.... LOL

Orchid
April 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Not sure about my mom's diet. Mom was stick thin, they were pretty poor and mainly ate white rice and hardly any meat but she had a boy and a girl. My brother was conceived the very first time she ever had sex; may be she had an intense O or something :)

SA77
April 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
I asked my mom after reading this thread as well. She said she ate whatever she wanted and pretty much the same for us all. There are 3 of us, myself and two brothers

SA77
April 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Oh and I also asked my best friend about her diet. She has three kids GGB. Well the girls were planned so she said she really tried to get healthy for her pregnanies knowing she was TTC. Always ate breakfast and just pretty much ate what she wanted as well.....never really changed much of diet between any of them

Rein&Sonshines
April 22nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
I know this thread's old, but I came across it. My Mom had three girls. She has always been over weight in life, oddly enough, and still had three girls. She is huge pasta and tomato eater. She loves coffee and chocolate, and she never has and still doesn't exercise. She also never used douche.

rainbowflower
April 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM
my mum has 4 daughters, she has always been a healthy weight and eaten a balanced diet

CeeCee
April 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
My mom had 2 girls and the last boy. She weighed 90 some pounds when she concieved by sister. My mom and dad had just got married and didn't have alot of money. By the time they had my brother they were doing much better, but my mom was really stressed.

My sister has 1 boy and the 3 girls. She concieved my nephew during her first year in college. Maybe while she was packing on the freshman 15? I know her first girl was concieved when she was under a lot of stress and not eating. With the second girl she had just started to increase her cardio exercising and was loosing a little weight. The third girl, don't know because her husband works at a grocery store, so they always have a lot of healthy fruits and vegatables. What I've noticed about my sister is she doesn't eat alot she waits till she's starving to eat and that could be 6-8 hours after her last meal.

lightofmylife
April 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
we are 2 brothers and 3 sisters....my mom was very thin and under weight and didnt like meat when conceived DS1 , she always loves vegetables and used to skip meals coz my dad was soo in to business as it was in starting stage so didnt come home for lunch so she didnt cook lunch and just drank tea again n again ,then conceived DS2 .... then business was settled and my dad used to come home at lunch time and they mostly had 3 proper meals and mom snacks also ... so 3 years after i was born, then my tw0 sisters.......... she told me milk was my mom's fav (shakes,in tea, pudding etc) through out her life and my dad is meat lover and doesnt like vegetables....... she told they never changed their diet with any child... a lil atrange but mom was weak, skipped meals with boys and gained weight with girls :)

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM
we are 2 brothers and 3 sisters....my mom was very thin and under weight and didnt like meat when conceived DS1 , she always loves vegetables and used to skip meals coz my dad was soo in to business as it was in starting stage so didnt come home for lunch so she didnt cook lunch and just drank tea again n again ,then conceived DS2 .... then business was settled and my dad used to come home at lunch time and they mostly had 3 proper meals and mom snacks also ... so 3 years after i was born, then my tw0 sisters.......... she told me milk was my mom's fav (shakes,in tea, pudding etc) through out her life and my dad is meat lover and doesnt like vegetables....... she told they never changed their diet with any child... a lil atrange but mom was weak, skipped meals with boys and gained weight with girls :)

The interesting thing is though, that she was def. doing something DIFFERENT between the boys and the girls.

lightofmylife
April 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM
yea i also had this doubt but i forced her to remember id she did or had anything different but she said, NO , we both dont like to try anything new in diet , same usual routine , but i believe her body chemistry must changed with me..... she always had 3 years gap among us so anything can happen :)

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 11:08 PM
My Mum had
B (she was young & fit) then G,G,G,G (she never ate brekkie, dieted etc... ) after her 4th she gained weight and then had a B, dieted again had a G followed by a B.

Sunset
April 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I'm an only child but if diet is anything to go by i'm not suprised why mum had me.. she seriously cannot stand potatoes and she's not a fan of red meat or anything remotely boy friendly at all. she loves her milk and yoghurt and her favourite food is pasta sprinkled with grated cheese and black pepper, she can eat this as a snack in front of the telly :S in fact, her idea of the perfect snack to indulge in on a friday evening in front of her favourite television show would be crackerbread and soft cheese.

pinksapphire
August 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I see this is an older post but I'm only seeing it now.

Just wondering what the ages of the moms were when she conceived us girls. I can be wrong but I would think they would be young, in their 20's. I know that the studies show that older moms have more girls due to decreased fertility but I think if we are going by lifestyle (eating poorly, etc.) then that would coincide more with younger women.

My mom conceived me at 26 exactly and she did a vinegar douche. She said it was in an article in Ladies Home Journal back many years ago and that's all she did. She was very thin at the time but she also was very thin when she conceived my brother 3 years earlier. With me they did it one time (with the vinegar douche) and with my brother they were very early in their marriage and had a ton of sex.

Great thread!

XXdreaming
August 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Yes I did! My mom had 3 girls NO boys. I told her the things I've been reading and researching (I didn't tell her how obsessively though!) and the one thing that struck her was douching! I've posted this before, but back in the 70's and 80s douching wasn't so frowned upon health wise and she said she used douches a lot. another thing was she was a yo-yo dieter and used to take those diet pills like dexatrim. Another thing she said was she LOVED dairy and used to drink milk and eat yogurt a ton.

This is my mom except she had a son first then 3 girls, she had difficulty conceiving her first so her mom(my grandma) started giving her all kinds of vitamins to help her conceive, vit e, folic acid, all the b vitamins etc, so I think that what help her on my brother, but she said with me and my 2 younger sisters she douched a lot, back then some actually believe if you douched after sex it would prevent you from getting pregnant so she found out with me that's not true lol, I was told with my sister the condom tore a little and then she douched to wash the rest out and also douched on a daily basis to keep everything fresh, and my youngest sister was actually planned but they had no clue about swaying they were just crossing their fingers for another boy lol but she was a faithful daily doucher because back then that's how you thoroughly clean it and kept it fresh,

pinksapphire
August 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM
This is my mom except she had a son first then 3 girls, she had difficulty conceiving her first so her mom(my grandma) started giving her all kinds of vitamins to help her conceive, vit e, folic acid, all the b vitamins etc, so I think that what help her on my brother, but she said with me and my 2 younger sisters she douched a lot, back then some actually believe if you douched after sex it would prevent you from getting pregnant so she found out with me that's not true lol, I was told with my sister the condom tore a little and then she douched to wash the rest out and also douched on a daily basis to keep everything fresh, and my youngest sister was actually planned but they had no clue about swaying they were just crossing their fingers for another boy lol but she was a faithful daily doucher because back then that's how you thoroughly clean it and kept it fresh,

The Summer's Eve type douches? Just wondering.

XXdreaming
August 4th, 2011, 11:48 AM
The Summer's Eve type douches? Just wondering.

I think it was another kind, Not quite sure, she would buy it at walmart, I think they have one more brand other than summer eves douche but I would have to ask :)

rainbowflower
August 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Just wondering what the ages of the moms were when she conceived us girls. I can be wrong but I would think they would be young, in their 20's. I know that the studies show that older moms have more girls due to decreased fertility but I think if we are going by lifestyle (eating poorly, etc.) then that would coincide more with younger women.

My mom conceived me at 26 exactly and she did a vinegar douche. She said it was in an article in Ladies Home Journal back many years ago and that's all she did. She was very thin at the time but she also was very thin when she conceived my brother 3 years earlier. With me they did it one time (with the vinegar douche) and with my brother they were very early in their marriage and had a ton of sex.

Great thread!
studies I've read lately show age has no affect on the B-G ratio!

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Here's another interesting "how I was conceived" experience!!!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?4815-My-mother-s-feast-and-famine-conceptions&p=65256#post65256

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Great thread!

Pink Sapphire, I tend to agree with you!! I think it ~may~ even indicate a stronger link between age and gender ratio, because younger women often have terrible diets and still conceive more boys and older moms tend to eat more healthfully (and have more planned pg) and have more girls. (Sheer speculation!!)

I've read as much as a 1/3 to 2/3 B to G difference in gender ratio in moms over 40...my computer is temperamental this morning and so I can't look anything up in terms of studies right now.

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Interesting, thank you!!!

In many parts of Africa, they douche with a very very acidic soda pop called "Krest Lemon Drink" to prevent pregnancy and they do have more girls in most African countries. I cannot Google anything right now!!! :mad:

XXdreaming
August 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Interesting, thank you!!!

In many parts of Africa, they douche with a very very acidic soda pop called "Krest Lemon Drink" to prevent pregnancy and they do have more girls in most African countries. I cannot Google anything right now!!! :mad:

http://naturalspermicide.blogspot.com/2011/01/homemade-spermicides.html

I see it was used as a spermacide lol, and never heard of douching with coca cola lol wonder how that would effect your ph, and then some douche with hydrogen peroxide to help get rid of BV(bacterial vagin..?) my moms douche was one she bought at walmart, I believe she liked the vinegar and water one

http://www.tititudorancea.com/z/spermicide.htm (thought this one was interesting about different spermicides back in history)

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks Melinda for finding that link!!!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I have been searching for this thread after thinking about my mom and Aunt (sisters). My mom had 2 girls and a boy. My Aunt had twin girls, boy, and then another girl.

They were both VERY poor and thin. Never ate breakfast, only a cup of coffee. They walked everywhere and were very active. Were both in very stressful marriages and ate only after their kids were fed, so maybe 2 meals a day. Hate meat. My mom hated milk, my aunt loved it.

Not sure of their tendencies when they each conceived their 1 boys, but they do follow the 'classic' girl sway and they each had more girls than boys :)

So basically...I'm going to try to morph in to my mom for this sway!

mariposa
March 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
My granmother had 3 girls. She loved vegetable, sugary things and coffe with sacarine.
My mum had 2 girls. She loves vegetables, cheese, salt food and coffe. When she conceived both times she smoked and took sacarine in coffe.

Pearl327
March 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM
My mum has 6 girls
G1 aged 19. concieved 2 months before wedding while loosing weight to fit into her dress
G2 aged 20. concieved 7 weeks after G1 was born
G3 aged 24. Dad had started his own business and money was tight, so I would think a lot of stress and poor diet.
G4 (me) aged 30.Out of all my sisters I think I was the best shot at a boy. Business was going well & dad playing a lot of sport. Was national champion handballer. so lots of cardio and dad was v thin at the time. Also mam & dad were socializing a lot after dad's matches so quite a bit of alcohol was consumed
G5 aged 35. Business in trouble. Mam would walk everywhere to save money on fuel and only ate leftovers after everyone else was fed
G6 aged 41. Business going well again but unplanned pregnancy before G1 wedding. Mom on a diet for her MOB outfit.

I don't know too much about my MIL diet but she has 6G and 1B. I think my DH was a fluke. MIL never eats breakfast and only eats tiny amounts when she does eat. She was a size 4/6UK (0/2 US) very thin and lived on cigarrettes and strong coffee in the place of meals. so no wonder she had 6 girls

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 14th, 2013, 05:59 AM
my mum had 4 girls. me first in 1978.she had been trying to lose weight at the time and said she was really pleased after having me as she actually lost weight due to morning sickness.
she has never really been over weight at all, but is obsessed with dieting. a real yo yo dieter. she has a very sweet tooth as well. sometimes never has breakfast.
my nan said she used to diet when she lived with her but they used to find hidden chocolate and sweet wrappers under her bed etc lol .I think she was eating those instead of a proper dinner.

2lovelyboys
March 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Great thread! Was actually talking to my Mum about this a few days ago.

We are G, B, B

My mum does exercise and won't take supplements

With me and my first brother my Dad was unemployed and times were hard, they ate the same meals, very little variety. Meals were bulked up with a lot of potato. Prior to me they only ate white meat, never red, my mum would make my Dad cottage pie but use quorn! Although circumstances didn't change prior to my brother they did improve on diet, more balanced and nutrient dense! Before my youngest brother, times had improved, therefore so had lifestyle, big varied meals, mum had gained some weight

sunnygirl
March 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
My family was G, G, B. I was first.

Before Mum got pg with me she was trying to slim down for her wedding. Always a dieter. 8 weeks before her wedding, her Dad diet tragically in a motorbike accident. She then lost even more weight through grief and I was conceived during this time sometime before her wedding.

With my sister, Mum frequently skipped breakfast and had coffee instead (skim milk). Always a sweet tooth, still yo-yo dieting. Doing Weightwatchers and eating lots of LF cottage cheese. Always the couch potato. Not a competitive bone in her body!

With my bro, she was starting to succumb to my Dad's eating habits. Lots of red meat and veges, cooked breakfasts everyday (eggs, sausages, etc). High stress marriage. She had also been quite unwell and had been taking lots of supps to get healthier.

I just laugh looking back at how easily she naturally swayed!!

HopefulMonster
April 8th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I wish I could go back through my family tree and ask everyone because my mum's side of the family is SO girl heavy. My great grandma was one of 5 girls, my great-great grandma was one of 9 girls... it would have been really fascinating!

But as to what I do know - my grandma is vegetarian except that she occasionally eats fish. Sh loves cheese and yogurt and sweet things, never uses salt, never has fast food. She is only small and doesn't eat much at all. Lunch for example is often just half a banana on a piece of brown bread. She had twin girls.

My mum has always been slim. Doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, no fast food. She never ate much and was running around a lot with her job. She had me (G). She then put on weight and started eating a lot more junk, as my dad loves his food and his eating habits rubbed off on her. She then had (B).

Interestingly her twin sister has always been more chunky, and is the more outgoing, dominant twin. She always ate a lot more, and lots of rich food, lots of meals out in restaurants. She had two boys.

onebigwish
May 29th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Yes i asked her ! :)
and she said that she eated EVERYTHING she want but less of all. Kinda LE diet (without knowing it) :D

Alicewonder
May 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
My mom said she she was in Japan age didn't eat really fresh. You couldn't get it back then. (Dad is retired Air Force) so she remembers Pasta, Rice and tuna casserole. She doesn't remember breakfast but I bet she didn't eat it (I can't remember her eating Breakfast growing up and my brother was like 4 when she conceived me so thinking no)

When she had conceuved my brother while in New Mexico ( she was in air force) they ate Chow Hall food but I bet she got nutrieants.

What do you think Atomic? Do you think my mom was on a kind of LE diet. When she conceived me?

Alicewonder
May 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
My mom said she she was in Japan age didn't eat fresh. You couldn't get it back then. (Dad is retired Air Force) and the milk was all powdered. So, she remembers Pasta, Rice and tuna casserole. She doesn't remember breakfast but I bet she didn't eat it (I can't remember her eating Breakfast growing up and my brother was like 4 when she conceived me so thinking no)

When she had conceived my brother while in New Mexico ( 5 yrs earlier she was in air force) they ate Chow Hall food but I bet she got more nutrieants.

What do you think Atomic? Do you think my mom was on a kind of LE diet. When she conceived me?

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Yes!

Alicewonder
May 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM
That's what I thought. I'm thinking that If I do something similar I MAY have a better chance. At least it's a starting point.

Is Tuna ok or Tuna casserole? Im trying to figure out the food. Is there a certain pasta? And for rice is it boil in bag or is the rice cooker ok?
Lol I know I sound a bit crazy sorry.

Northern_Shutterbug
May 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I was going to post this question today! My mum was dieting when age got pregnant with me. She was doing a fair bit of exercise too. I'm an only child so can't compare.

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2013, 07:33 PM
Yes i asked her ! :)
and she said that she eated EVERYTHING she want but less of all. Kinda LE diet (without knowing it) :D

My mom too.

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2013, 07:36 PM
That's what I thought. I'm thinking that If I do something similar I MAY have a better chance. At least it's a starting point.

Is Tuna ok or Tuna casserole? Im trying to figure out the food. Is there a certain pasta? And for rice is it boil in bag or is the rice cooker ok?
Lol I know I sound a bit crazy sorry.

That's not how diet works. There are no magic foods that you can eat or avoid at all costs, it's the overall diet that counts and not any one or two foods. So eat what YOU like and are familiar with, don't get all bogged down in particular brands or styles of food per se.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/24628-le-diet-faq.html

Alicewonder
May 31st, 2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah sorry tried to reply don't know if it worked.
I tend to get tunnel vision and worry.

Maybe I should just focus on enjoying the summer with my family and accomplishing things in our home like the playroom and look at this in the fall hopefully there's enough time for us.

Then in worrying that this might hurt my Pink sway?
Oh brother

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
I think you asked a similar question in a diff. thread and I replied there. :)

wonder woman73
March 6th, 2014, 11:25 AM
My mom told me that she wasn't trying to get pregnant. She was working for Weight Watchers and losing weight. She was also using spermacide.

hotdogz&boyz
March 7th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I dunno. The only one I could make an educated guess on is my youngest brother. Despite being a major oops, I think her lifestyle was swaying blue. She forgot the diaphragm and said she knew immediately that they would get preggo because she knew her cycle and the last time they had sex was the last "safe day" without needing it (telling me approx frequency). She had recently started a job as a health professional (about a year in) and was teaching classes on aerobics and weight-training 4-5 days a week. She was also eating healthy and trying to really change the eating habits of the family to more veggies and fruits. My moms general personality is a little bit Martha and I think having two young kids on schedules (we were 5.5 and 3 when she got pregnant) probably made her more-so Martha-like.

I know I was the result of casual NTNP about a year after they got married. My mom mentioned once that she is pretty sure I was conceived on vacation. She was pretty trim back then and was young (22). My middle brother was conceived the month before they decided to try for him. She never started that cycle and my dad joked that he was "just that good." But I don't know details about diet or exercise when she conceived us two. I'd have to ask.

Strangely enough, both of her sisters had all boys. And her two brothers had four boys and one girl between them. (I only have one female cousin on that side, out of 10, not including us three). So there was something going on there!! (And oddly enough, the female cousin was born just two months before I was). But her sisters are the epitome of Martha's. So not that shocking, I suppose.

sbowman
March 7th, 2014, 10:07 AM
My mom was struggling with PCOS and infertility, not ovulating, etc. She was trying to lose weight to help with that. Her doctor put her on birth control for six months and said it would help regulate things, then took her off. Eight months later she finally got pregnant, though she had been told it was very unlikely to happen. She couldn't tell me much about her diet, but as a kid I remember her eating weird things like cheese toast for dinner (and nothing else) and drinking boatloads of soda. She never exercised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulberry Smurf
March 7th, 2014, 11:58 AM
My mum was a vegetarian and had been following a plan for how to conceive so was on folic acid. My dad only has one tube though so potentially why they had me (only daughter no sons) xx

Mulberry Smurf
March 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
My mums mum regularly took cranberry and aspirin xx

dreaminginblue
March 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM
My mother was a scant eater and chose salads and sandwiches over our dinners. She was never a big eater unless it was chocolate. I'm one of 6 girls. I'm not sure about the boys - though my older brother would've been conceived when she was living at home. With my little brother, SD was taking her out alot for drinks and curries and we had roast dinners most Sundays at a pub and she put on weight for first without being pregnant. Makes sense that he was a boy. Gosh GD has changed the way I view other mothers

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

kitkat18
March 10th, 2014, 04:11 AM
My mum skips breakfast only eats two meals a day little to no snacking and not many calories typical le diet p.s she loves salt and covers food with it and swills diet coke she only had me :)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

JEWELLE11
March 11th, 2014, 10:40 PM
My mom was at her lowest weight ever when she conceived me (110lbs) with my brother she had gained like 15 pounds. My third brother she was at her heaviest 30lbs over.... She also douched a lot with me ...

Beautifulrainbow
April 29th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Wow I have loved reading through this thread even if it's old! I have no contact with my mother so have no idea, I take an 86 year old lady shopping and we were talking how she conceived a girl she said there was very little food around because of the war and often went hungry, she also tells me that the used to vinager and water douche to prevent pregnancy. Her mother before her was the same didn't eat and vinager/water douched to prevent pregnancy.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 29th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I was thinking about this today. I've never asked my mom but for her it went girl-boy. In my head I imagine that being so skinny (she def was) and poorish when I came about. In my head again lol I picture that because I was around they ate better... And then conceived my brother. No proof. Just my imagination lol

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
Keep this thread going, ladies - if you haven't replied, PLEASE DO! The info we accumulate in these threads is really useful. :)

True Blue
May 1st, 2015, 11:21 AM
My mom had 2 girls then 2 boys.

She said with me she was not yet living with mine and sis Dad, they were early 20's and still Living with their parents, so DTD was if and when :oops:
For my sister, we are only 14 months apart, she was still nursing me and again DTD was very irregular.
Meals she said were here and there no routine and very little eaten.

Fast forward a few years my Mom is now in her own place and in a great routine with two young children so eating 3 meals a day and a terrible snacker.
Looking back my mom was always eating something.
She walked everyday to school with us with buggies or groceries and was living with (new partner) our 2 brothers Dad.
Very regular DTD :oops:
So she said she definitely fitted in with the Girl/Boy lifestyles :)
My Mom has full faith in swaying and is our/my biggest swaying support :HH:

skillet04
May 13th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Both my dad and FIL were born in 1945 so WWII was going on. If food was scarce, well the 50/50 must hold true because those men are here.

My mom is blood type. O and loves red meat and sweets and abhors dairy. She had me and I have a sister. And I look just like my mom. My sister is heavier than me and had twin girls on metformin. And is expecting end of this year, too soon to know gender but she was on synthroid and vit d and seeing a fitness trainer. I have 2 sons and I have always been skinny and eat small portions (when not pg or even lactating why does it make you so hungry hahahaha) most people throughout my life have thought I was anorexic because they rarely see me eat and when I do it isn't much. Yet I have boys.

Bucking the system here hahahaha....

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2015, 04:48 PM
If this worked 100% of the time then the entire human race would have died out a long time ago. The first time people didn't have quite enough food, only girls would be born and that would have been it for the species.

I need an essay on this ecause I know many wonder about this. but real quick, what ~I~ believe happens is that in times of famine, the people in the worst condition stop having babies and/or their fertility declines (and it doesn't take much, as we have all found on this site when we cut back in diet even not teribly much and stop ovulating).

The people in the upper eschelon of fertility/condition to begin with, may decline, so some of them may be more likely to have girls than they were before. But some didn't. And just that those people were willing and/or able to have kids in bad times, may indicate that they were in better condition and better off than people who did not or were not able to. (I don't know about you, but when I'm starving to death, I have no interest in sex LOL) People still had their ways of preventing pregnancy in bad times even in 1945. Both biologically and situationally, people who are ready, able and willing to have a baby in a famine, war, etc are probably those more set for blue to begin with. Other people don't want to or can't even conceive.

So the gender ratio STILL stays at about 50-50, it's just that the people in the worst condition are no longer conceiving any more. Some of the "blue friendlies" decline in fertility/condition and start having more girls, and some stay blue friendly.

dreamingofsecondpink
May 13th, 2015, 08:40 PM
For my mum it was the opposite and same for me which is slightly confusing! ONly in the sense that I wonder if next time I should try and do what I did before or follow whats been proven to work for others too. Kind of mental note for me is it worked last time lol

We were both at our heaviest when conceived girls, I know for a fact I wasnt losing weight as had decided it wa stime to join weight watchers next week if I was pregnant and I always used to eat more than ever that week before as like a final supper lol

Mum had me then a boy next. With my brother she had just lost heaps of weight and said she was her fittest and then put on weight again for her third which was a girl.

But obviously not the same thing works for everyone and we are a very girl heavy family. Mum was one of three girls, those girls had 4 girls and one boy (my brother) and mum has only Granddaughters so far. So could be something else playing part here

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 13th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Could still be diet - weight itself doesn't sway, or not much from what I have read; it's your physical condition, and overall diet. Wonder if despite being heavy she ate pinker?

nicki85
May 15th, 2015, 06:50 AM
My mom had me first and then 17 months later my brother. She only got married and moved to a country where she only knew my father and had nobody to talk to. She had a very low weight and would have tea and toast for breakfast and lunch and then dinner when my father came home from work and cooked it for her. She had absolutely no cooking skills (she never really did ;) shortly after i was born we moved to the states and i think my mum enjoyed all the take out and her being able to get to know people. Then soon after moving she had my brother. I think she was doing le diet full way with me and then having all the fortified food before conceiving my brother seems being he diet.
My grandmother had gbbgg, when i think about what i know of her she was quit thin and got pregnant quickli with my aunt, then gained a lot of weight the first couple of years of marriage (the boys) and then always being jojo dieting (2 girls) and there where loads of troubles in the marriage of my grandmother and grandfather witch in the end led to their divorce.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 15th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Nicki that's so cool - love that it lines up with the theories here!

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Could still be diet - weight itself doesn't sway, or not much from what I have read; it's your physical condition, and overall diet. Wonder if despite being heavy she ate pinker?

Some people who are very heavy also get lots of girls because they are in worse condition and fertility. Then when they lose weight, they can make themselves more likely to conceive boys.

If you keep bringing the idea back to the fertility/condition idea and remember that when you get either too thin or too heavy you can actually stop ovulation (and thus those in the worst condition may not be able to get pregnant) then it all makes sense.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2015, 04:02 PM
For my mum it was the opposite and same for me which is slightly confusing! ONly in the sense that I wonder if next time I should try and do what I did before or follow whats been proven to work for others too. Kind of mental note for me is it worked last time lol

We were both at our heaviest when conceived girls, I know for a fact I wasnt losing weight as had decided it wa stime to join weight watchers next week if I was pregnant and I always used to eat more than ever that week before as like a final supper lol

Mum had me then a boy next. With my brother she had just lost heaps of weight and said she was her fittest and then put on weight again for her third which was a girl.

But obviously not the same thing works for everyone and we are a very girl heavy family. Mum was one of three girls, those girls had 4 girls and one boy (my brother) and mum has only Granddaughters so far. So could be something else playing part here

I agree the rules may be different for people who have a lot of girls. Remember, the egg that is you actually formed in your GRANDMOTHER'S body (in your mother's ovaries when she was a baby) and there are elements of this that we don't totally understand.