PDA

View Full Version : RE's opinion on swaying

Emery
April 2nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
I'm going back to my RE for Clomid next week. I want to ask her for help swaying without going high tech.

Has anyone asked their RE to assist in swaying and if so what was their reaction?

3Pink1Blue
April 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I personally have told very few about what I'm up to. I don't need people saying "oh that won't work", "It's just old wives tales" or "see I said it wouldn't work" if I get another girl. You're not doing anything dangerous so imo why risk having your RE tell you why bother.

Emery
April 2nd, 2011, 10:09 PM
3PNB - wanna trade DHs? ;-)

TulleExplosion
April 2nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
RE, OB, for me it seems all the same. My OB had no clue what I was talking about, the Dr who did my 20 week scan laughed when I told him that I timed BD'ing, (although that obviously failed because I wasnt really sure when to actually BD, and I had a lot of pink factors going for me), no one I spoke to puts any stock in swaying so I will keep it to myself so no one thinks I am a lunatic.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
My experience has been that people delight in failure so I chose to keep it to myself as much as possible. Weirdly my OB was one of the few very supportive people in terms of my GD and actually prayed with me in his office that I would have a healthy baby and peace of mind about gender but I still didn't mention a word about swaying to him.

I have a funny story about "trading husbands", I had just found out about my 4th boy and I ran into my neighbor who just had her 3rd girl at the grocery store. I jokingly said, "We should trade husbands!" and she went really red in the face and said, "I don't think I'm into that." I guess she thought I was suggesting we all become swingers or something!!! Ya know, because I always bring stuff like that up in the produce aisle at the grocery store!!:rofl:

Emery
April 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Atomic too funny!

I have another question. I recently got braces on my teeth. Are they positive or negative ions?

Emery
April 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know if braces (on teeth) are positive or negative ions?

Emery
April 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Oh and to answer the question in the orginal post, my RE brushed off the idea of swaying unless I went high tech. :(

praying4princess
April 20th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Im like some of the others, we have told VERY few people about our swaying, and the few we have told had never heard of it before! I did ask my OB about it and he was familiar with it and said that he has had patients to try it and it can be successful! He was very supportive of me trying it! Now, a couple weeks ago, I think God spoke to me about swaying...I had been praying about it for months and was in this store buying a shower gift for a friend having a boy and I saw this cute little dress on sale and I said Lord, if I knew for sure this would work id buy one of these dresses! I was quite emotional! Well I went down the street to this other store and looked, and just out of the blue, the girl who worked there (knew it was a gift) but asked me "do you have a baby", I said "no but I will! We're about to start trying and really want a girl".....she said "you know my friend bought this book that helps you conceive a certain sex".... I stopped her, shocked and said "we have that book and yes thats what were doing too. Can I ask if it worked for your friend?" She said " yes she did it twice and worked both times!" I was shocked, for one because I had not ever talked to anyone that had tried it much less heard of it! And two because I had just spoken to God at the previous store about knowing if it would work!!! I had never felt more confident in it than at that moment!!! Dont let anybody tell you it wont work or that youre crazy, the only one you need to be worried about is the One above!! God answers prayers, and he knows what in our hearts. Jesus promised that if we ask we will receive....not that we always get what we want but its worth a shot right!?!

twosweetlads
April 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Wow that's amazing! What book is it? I want it?

praying4princess
April 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Its actually Dr Shettles book, but when I read it he gives you different options of increasing your chances of conceiving a girl, and he list the timing option and the diet option seperately!!! I wouldve never known to put the 2 together for a better chance if I hadnt read this site and the IG site!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Atomic too funny!

I have another question. I recently got braces on my teeth. Are they positive or negative ions?

Gosh, I'm sorry, I guess I never saw this one. As far as I can tell, the metal used in braces does not emit ions.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Im like some of the others, we have told VERY few people about our swaying, and the few we have told had never heard of it before! I did ask my OB about it and he was familiar with it and said that he has had patients to try it and it can be successful! He was very supportive of me trying it! Now, a couple weeks ago, I think God spoke to me about swaying...I had been praying about it for months and was in this store buying a shower gift for a friend having a boy and I saw this cute little dress on sale and I said Lord, if I knew for sure this would work id buy one of these dresses! I was quite emotional! Well I went down the street to this other store and looked, and just out of the blue, the girl who worked there (knew it was a gift) but asked me "do you have a baby", I said "no but I will! We're about to start trying and really want a girl".....she said "you know my friend bought this book that helps you conceive a certain sex".... I stopped her, shocked and said "we have that book and yes thats what were doing too. Can I ask if it worked for your friend?" She said " yes she did it twice and worked both times!" I was shocked, for one because I had not ever talked to anyone that had tried it much less heard of it! And two because I had just spoken to God at the previous store about knowing if it would work!!! I had never felt more confident in it than at that moment!!! Dont let anybody tell you it wont work or that youre crazy, the only one you need to be worried about is the One above!! God answers prayers, and he knows what in our hearts. Jesus promised that if we ask we will receive....not that we always get what we want but its worth a shot right!?!

Just so you keep that second part in your mind (the, "you don't always get what you want" part) because I know so many people who prayed and prayed, had tons of signs and still didn't get their DG. I just don't want you to be heartbroken if it doesn't work out. (((hugs)))

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Its actually Dr Shettles book, but when I read it he gives you different options of increasing your chances of conceiving a girl, and he list the timing option and the diet option seperately!!! I wouldve never known to put the 2 together for a better chance if I hadnt read this site and the IG site!!!

Yeah, he is really down on the diet (because he didn't think of it LOL!!)

praying4princess
April 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
Just so you keep that second part in your mind (the, "you don't always get what you want" part) because I know so many people who prayed and prayed, had tons of signs and still didn't get their DG. I just don't want you to be heartbroken if it doesn't work out. (((hugs)))

Thank you Atomic!! Unfortunately we know all about it from my DS2, we tried Shettles "timing method" and was told at about 14 weeks it looked girlish, but at 20 weeks confirmed we were having another boy!!! Yeah I had to take back the cute little dresses I had bought and get boys clothes! But that little boy is the light of my life!! Im trying to leave it in Gods hands this time... with the help of swaying!