PDA

View Full Version : if i eat breakfast or an early lunch...

Coccinelle33
April 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
are there things i should for sure avoid? like is toast with sugar free jam ok? should fake sugar or real sugar be avoided until later in the day or should i avoid protein? are there things that shouldn't mix? would yogurt be ok?

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Eat either just protein (won't raise your blood sugar) or just carbs (will raise blood sugar and then it will drop leaving you with lower blood sugar), don't mix the two because that will keep your blood sugar higher for longer. And even this is flexible, if you're eating just a small amount of food it's ok to break the rules a little bit. Like an apple and a 1/2 c of cottage cheese, obviously that is a better choice than bacon and eggs and waffles and orange juice, KWIM??

Fake sugar is fine in the morning. My first choice would be toast with sugar free jam (but you will be hungry again soon afterwards. Second choice, something that was pure protein like a hard boiled egg. Yogurt is third on my list because it does have both protein and carbs BUT an 80 cal Yoplait light yogurt is fine, jsut watch out for huge bowls of full fat yogurt and berries LOL. Fruit is another good option. So if you were going for variety, you could have these things in a rotating cycle and never get bored with it (well, you probably would still get bored.)

Seriously though, if you can't skip breakfast, don't torture yourself. You're already doing a lot to sway so no need to stress over this one thing. It is so much better to eat more than your goal and stick to it, rather than to break down and cheat on things that are REALLY bad.

twosweetlads
April 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Are low salt cornflakes (not fortified with vits) with rice milk-small bowl ok? I am going as long as I can then eating them about 11 ish.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Yes, that's fine as long as they're not fortified and low salt, or there are also the puffed rice.