PDA

View Full Version : Have I completely stuffed my sway???

hopingforsaskia
December 17th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I've just been thinking about the fact that I had 2 attempts after a 5 day abstain (because my ovulation was being very tricky) 48 hours apart.... I'm starting to think that all the hard work I did is now out the window because this baby will most likely be a boy. All because I just wouldn't be patient and risk missing ovulation altogether. :( am I ruined and out of the running???

nuthinbutpink
December 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM
No, of course not. Swaying is a big picture process. Not a one time anything. You're fine!

cvd
December 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I wanted to give you some hope, we did at 6.5 day abstain and actually had THREE attempts.
Our abstain wasn't as long as I wanted because I got a positive OPK 2 days early. Our first attempt was 5 hours after +OPK - DH got nervous and PULLED OUT lol omg I was so angry. So 3 hours later we DTD again, DH could hardly finish, nothing came out!! So worried we didn't get any spermies in there, the next day DH released in the shower then 2 hours later we DTD again. Once again DH could barely finish and nothing came out. Sometimes I wonder if he fibbed about finishing anyway lol. We also DTD the next day but that was almost 60 hours after a positive OPK so certain it didn't contribute, then my temps confirmed this was way after o. Anyway - I am still SUPER confident in my sway. Although all 3 attempts were totally shotty and I have no idea which attempt spermies even got in HAHA!
Try not to worry, I'm sure you did your best and everything will work out!

lollylegs
December 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling wobbly saskia; it's a blessing and curse to have it happen so fast?
I'm sure your little bean will be just who you want at the end of the day.
And I don't know much about anything really, but I reckon that all the other "maternal condition" stuff will be the main ingredient so to speak. There seem so many variations on the rest of it that I'm not sure there is a "right" answer.
Hoping the wait goes quickly ... xL:bighug:

Mum23boys
December 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Timing and frequency are 2 of the least important sway factors as far as im concerned hun so you still have a brilliant sway and as much chance as anyone to get your dd.

3boys
December 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I agree, timing is no way as important in swaying as diet etc. I'm sure you're fine Hun

Jadis
December 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'm just echoing the sentiments of everyone else here but no. Of course you're not out of running for a girl. Even the weakest sway is still a sway and timing is certainly the least important factor. Think about all the women on the planet who've never even heard of 'swaying', who had sex whenever it suited them and had girls. For awhile, I included timing in my sway, I wasn't getting pregnant at all. So I read up on it's importance and decided to drop it-don't know what I'm having yet but I don't think timing is a huge influence.

hopingforsaskia
December 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks lovelies.. Just had a mini meltdown. I've been happily thinking this babe is a boy and that will be ok, until I had a dream that I had perfect girl nub shots ... That feeling was so amazing that I can't let it go now. I'm still 'ok' with a boy, but my heart would surely break a tiny bit if I'm honest. :( Anyway, at the time if our attempts I was super happy with everything and just wanted to make sure it happened. I'm thrilled that I fell so quickly, I wouldn't have managed well if I hadn't. That I could guarantee. :) maybe that's my competitive testosterone coming out in me... Must. Fall. Pregnant. First. Month. *siiiggghhh* ;)

Thanks for the replies xoxoxoxoxo

The Anchor
December 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
LOL...I don't even have a preference this time around, but my sway is all boy. And I think I almost might be disappointed if it's a girl, just cuz I put so much boy into this! Good luck, hope you hear girl...

EmmyRoo
December 18th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Oh Hoping I feel the same! I just put my sway into the sway questionnaire thread and SO many things are boy sway things - deep finish, 5 attempts, BD every other day (my OV was a week late so we worried there would be no sperm left if DH continued FR), no rephresh, no jump and dump (in fact lay with bum raise for 5 mins after each attempt), moon was between quarter and full, no vitex or SP, no clomid - the only things I did well were diet and weight loss! I got my BFP third cycle so had dropped a lot in an attempt to just get pregnant - boy mum strikes again!
I am just clinging to the hope that diet is the biggest swaying factor and these other things really don't matter, do they?
x

hopingforsaskia
December 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'm hoping that because I changed almost everything about the way I was/my habits with previous conceptions that I will be able to get a girl. Surely...

Emmy your sway was great!! Don't dis it like that! ;) x

Lilpumpkin06
December 21st, 2012, 01:41 PM
I REALLY think that maternal condition is the biggest sway factor (& of course I believe God will give us the sweet baby that we are meant to have). I never got a positive OPK (looking back now based on my dates I think I ovulated the day before I started testing) so we DTD (after abstaining for 12 days) EVERYDAY because we didn't know when ovulation would occur! We BD until my BFP! I couldn't stop losing weight & had an underweight BMI (only by one point or so) so we wanted to get preggo soon. DH released on his own in addition to BD a couple times to make it FR. We BD for 2 wks straight! I'm expecting a girl! Hope this makes you feel better!