PDA

View Full Version : What helps with the Nausea ? Suggestions please

Mum23boys
December 17th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Ok so im on day 3 of feeling sick NON STOP - Eeven eating little and often isnt helping. I just feel constantly like im going to throw up and nothing is helping. I have 4 days of working with 8 children to get through and right now im not quite sure how the hell im going to do it as im sat here typing this swallowing no stop and my stomach doing somersaults
At first i even wondered if it was a sick bug type thing as my belly aches too and i feel like you do after a sick bug that horrible period where your not being sick but you still feel it ansd your stomach is gurgling away :-(
Any suggestions on things to help would be appreciated

Butterfly Spirit
December 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM
lemonade.. old fashioned lemon drops too.

Have you tried sea sick bands?
Have you tried Zofran/ Phenegrine?

If you can't function you do what you need to do. I didn't take any anti nausea meds the beginning of my pregnancy because I was breastfeeding. But once my milk stopped I have taken 3 since on the worst days.
With both my boys... Phenegrine ALL the way through! :/

Rainbow baby
December 17th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I had severe mourning sickness with all 4 bub's and even ended up in hospital with one for a week :( , The only thing that helped me slightly apart from prescription drugs you can get, which I only took if I had something important to go to. Any way sipping very slowly on icy cold water and nibbling ever so slowly on GREEN apples the red's made my vomit!!

wilma_five
December 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
preggy pops? Google them, they help for me!!

strawberrymom
December 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Preggy pops, cold foods and unsalted crackers.

NearlyDone
December 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM
ginger?

Cinss
December 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Ginger ale or ginger snaps.

3Pink1Blue
December 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
50mg vitb6 three times a day can work wonders. Also try a different prenatal, they don't all treat your tummy the same. Ginger ale, preggie pops or lemon works great too. Also listen to your inner cravings, chocolate frosted chocolate donuts stopped my ms cold when I was preggo with dd1. Greasy Chinese food worked too. Your cravings may sound gross but they will rarely steer you wrong. Gl :)

EmmyRoo
December 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Boots sell ginger capsules - all the ginger of a biscuit without the cals! And travel sickness acupressure bands. With DS1 I was nauseated 24/7, never actually vomited but felt like I would. I had twinings lemon+ginger tea and cream crackers in bed before getting up, then nibbled all day, the nausea was worse if I got hungry. Polo mints or similar helped too.
:hugs: it's horrid, but hopefully means your wee beans are growing away in there!
X