PDA

View Full Version : Confused about ovulation and EWCM?

Tiggerian
December 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Right so normally I don't ovulate so when I do I know exactly when I - this month I'm pretty sure I did O. I had EWCM and cramps last week. But then again today I got really bad cramps AND EWCM again.

So... eh... What's going on!? Since I got the cramps today and EWCM today, should I assume it isn't ovulation? Or am I ovulating twice!?

It's not pregnancy as we used protection while BD when I ovulated.

rainbowflower
December 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
it's not possible to ovulate twice as once ovulation occurs the hormones released prevent more eggs developing/releasing and effectively make you infertile for the rest of the cycle

perhaps your OV pains are not from an egg being released, but instead from an ovary swelling with a maturing egg in a follicle

it's possible for your body to attempt to ovulate and fail, in which case it will gear up to ovulate again at a later time in the cycle. I think this is most likely what's happened for you

unless this is implantation pain that you're mistaking for ovulation pain

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
You won't know for sure till you get AF, but you could have had a false surge the first time, or even both times. Rainbow already said everythign I would have said! (thank you!)