PDA

View Full Version : Achiness and CM (sorry TMI!)

EmmyRoo
December 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Just wanting some reassurance that it's ok to be feeling achy twinges every so often and having CM at this stage (5 weeks)? This morning I had an actual damp patch on my pants like I'd wet myself (I hadn't BTW! :giggle:) and I nearly had a heart attck thinking I was bleeding. I do remember AF-type pains when I was pregnant with both boys, in fact I was convinced AF was coming both times, but it's been 3 years since I was last pregnant and I've forgotten what's normal! Where does CM come from in pregnancy if your cervix is plugged shut now??

x

Cinss
December 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Yep all totally normal, i am still having the achy twinges, its just the uterus stretching and the surrounding ligaments. I have no idea where the cm comes from either but yep i still have plenty of it too.

EmmyRoo
December 18th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Phew thank you Cinss! I was sure by number 3 my uterus would just give up and have no muscle tone left to stretch! Haha!
x

3boys
December 18th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Yep from the word go my CM has increased rapidly. I too kept thinking I was bleeding at at the beginning

Mum23boys
December 18th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Yep same here - im constantly wet and have taken to wearing panty liners or changing my underwear at lunch time everyday

mama2LB
December 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Yes, I've noticed this too and I'm only 4+2. I've read that cramps/stretching is worse with subsequent pregnancies??? I had no crampy feelings with DS and quite a few this time from about 6dpo but its calmed down now. xx