PDA

View Full Version : Clomid and twins

Tiggerian
December 19th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I have noticed that there is quite a high multiple ratio on this site compared to normal TTC / parenting websites and I was just wondering, how many of them are conceived on Clomid?

Do we have any statistics?

rainbowflower
December 19th, 2012, 05:13 AM
some statistics here
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl/15658-statistics-who-sway-pink.html

Pangea
December 19th, 2012, 05:52 AM
There are a lot of twin pregnancies on here, most seem to be clomid but there have been a couple of sets of identical twins.

Clomid seems to up your chances of twins dramatically, it almost makes me want to rush out and get some! I'd love twins!

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Just off the top of my head without doing any research at all, I am aware of two sets of natural twins (both ID) and then the rest of the twins were Clomid, I believe. I do not think we've had a single set of natural fraternal twins (which is actually very surprising to me).

Tiggerian
December 21st, 2012, 04:23 AM
You know, I'm starting to think the chance of twins on clomid is higher than the 10% they say. Just on here its definitely more than 10%!!

Tiggerian
December 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I have heard a girl claim its closer to 80% - but I can't find anything to back that up!

Crikey - wonder how fast OH will run if its twin next time!? :hide:

atomic sagebrush
December 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
It's not 80%, that I'm sure of!! I know quite a few people who had singletons on Clomid.

trying4twins
November 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
atomic sagebrush, I've read your TTC Twins paper, but do you do personal plans for TTC twins and have they been effective?

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Yes I do (the poster and I have already discussed this but for others interested)