PDA

View Full Version : Update from me , spoken to the early scan place

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Well I called the epu and they told me the baby with the heart beat only measured 5 weeks they didn't give me any measurements though so I'm surprised they saw a heartbeat and perhaps this is why we didn't see the 2nd. On the other side though if I'm meant to 6+5-7.2 weeks then should I be worried its only measuring 5 weeks ?

All I can do now is wait until January 4th and pray both are healthy and have grown so please keep us in your thoughts ladies.

weeziewoozles
December 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Well I called the epu and they told me the baby with the heart beat only measured 5 weeks they didn't give me any measurements though so I'm surprised they saw a heartbeat and perhaps this is why we didn't see the 2nd. On the other side though if I'm meant to 6+5-7.2 weeks then should I be worried its only measuring 5 weeks ?

All I can do now is wait until January 4th and pray both are healthy and have grown so please keep us in your thoughts ladies.

Definitely not an expert here but I thought with twins they were often smaller so if you do have two vying for space that may be why they're not as big or established yet??

Cinss
December 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
It really is so early to be able to see exactly what is going on, less than 7 weeks the babes are so so tiny. I am thinking of you and fx all goes well.

Tulips
December 20th, 2012, 12:08 AM
It is very early and it's hard to know how accurate the scan is. Do you have a link to your chart? Also any pics of the scan?

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 03:12 AM
They didnt give me any pics of the scan ? Im wondering if i called them if they would send me some over I know they only printed 1 or 2 and probably filed them away ?

As for my chart ill try and attach it in my signature then delete it let me knwo if you can see it.

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Hmmm its not working is it ???? Grrrrrr If you message me hun i can send you my password and you can take a look or infact i can take a photo and re post ?

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 03:25 AM

Try this ?

Tiggerian
December 20th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Well multiples will be smaller + there are babies who are slow starters!

Like - my DS2 was supposedly conceived two weeks AFTER we DTD, but turns out I just make small babies (DS1 measured 30 weeks at 32 weeks) and with two in there its normal for them to be quite small!

I hope you get a satisfactory scan soon!

Btw - did you use clomid or all natural twins?

Mum23boys
December 21st, 2012, 04:02 AM
Well multiples will be smaller + there are babies who are slow starters!

Like - my DS2 was supposedly conceived two weeks AFTER we DTD, but turns out I just make small babies (DS1 measured 30 weeks at 32 weeks) and with two in there its normal for them to be quite small!

I hope you get a satisfactory scan soon!

Btw - did you use clomid or all natural twins?

i took 50mg clomid days 4-8 the cycle i got pregnant

rainbowflower
December 21st, 2012, 04:10 AM
sorry for OT, but how did you go about getting clomid prescribed in the UK? did you have to pay the full price for it or prescription price?

Mum23boys
December 21st, 2012, 04:18 AM
ILL MESSAGE U HUN

Tiggerian
December 21st, 2012, 04:19 AM
How you doing, mum23boys? Any news?

Mum23boys
December 21st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Hubby has agreed to a private scan so Ive booked and paid to be seeing a lady who is half an hours drive away on Xmas eve ( Monday ) at 11.30am.
Am very excited but also very nervous - I dont expect that 6 days will make a massive difference in what i see but on tuesday i didnt see much as she didnt show me the screen only to quickly point out 2 sacs 2 babies 1 heartbeat then she spun it around again so im looking forward to studying it more and checking the baby with a heartbeat is still ok (fingers crossed) and if the other baby is still not beating then atleast we are being re scanned on Jan 4th and that will allow more development time IF it is going to develop.
This rivate scan is more for me getting a report, asking questions, getting photos that sort of thing. Something to come away with unlike the hospital scans.
I just hope to god its not bad news as that is what DH has warned me about and that it could ruin xmas but i just feel like i need to know rather than be wondering..... Does that sound silly?

Butterfly Spirit
December 21st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Mum23, wOw :twins: TWINS!?
Amazing news!!! :D

Here's to 2 sticky beans!!!

Mum23boys
December 22nd, 2012, 06:43 AM
thanks butterfly fingers crossed hey !!! Ill keep you all posted - im a little nervous if im honest but i feel so shite that im sure they must be doing something to make my hormones be this much in a mess !!

Butterfly Spirit
December 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
thanks butterfly fingers crossed hey !!! Ill keep you all posted - im a little nervous if im honest but i feel so shite that im sure they must be doing something to make my hormones be this much in a mess !!

No problem, just try to stay positive and praying doesn't hurt either. They can be upto a week apart in gestation so maybe that could be the case. :)