PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ABOUT ME AND THE TWINS

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I called the Early pregnancy unit this morning where i had my scan yesterday and they told me the baby with the heart beat only measured 5 weeks.
They didnt tell me anything about the other baby and didnt give me any measurements Of either baby in terms of mm or anything - I also forgot to ask if they saw a fetal pole on the other baby.
Anyway i should have been 7+2 or 6+5 so for the baby to have a heart beat it must have been past 6 weeks surely so im a little worried it was only measuring 5 - My thoughts are that now perhaps that twin will not survive either.
when I get moments of more positivity I think well if the baby was only measuring 5 weeks then perhaps that is why we didnt see the second heart beat and so come january it should have had enough time to develop and that when we go back we will see 2 heart beats all be it 2 small babies from the sounds of things. ( though 12 days smaller than dates seems alot ? )

Anyway All I can do now is wait until January 4th and pray both are healthy and have grown so please keep us in your thoughts ladies. Im flitting between feeling optomistic that it was just too early and worried sick that they should have been bigger for my gestation. I do strongly feel now though that there is no point trying to get seen xmas eve before xmas as if the baby with the HB was only measuring 5 weeks another 6 days isnt going to show a big enough improvement where as 2.5 weeks hopefully will and we will have a much better idea then of things will be.

Sorry to bore you all and be a board hog but i just need to type things dwn to get some perspective on them as I have no one IRL that i can talk to except DH and i dont want to keep on at him as like i said before he isnt that attached to the whole pregnancy thing yet..... though i did have a lovely message from him this morning saying how chuffed and proud he would be if both did survive but he is only worried for me as he doesnt want to see me struggle. What will be will be but he will be there with me every step of the way and promises to try and understand my feelings more :-)

rainbowflower
December 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
it's so easy for early scans to be inaccurate with dates - even a couple of mm measured wrong (user error, because they can't get the right angle, etc) and the dates can change by a week or two
try not to worry yet

when is your rescan?

weeziewoozles
December 19th, 2012, 06:44 AM
What a lovely message from your DH! aaaaaaahhhh :)

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Not until Jan 4th I thought that seemed ages away but i guess if bubs are only measutring 5 weeks its to give them time to grow and hopefully for the other twins heart to develop ....atleast thats what im hoping anyway. Part of me is obviously worried sick though that we will go back and have nothing.

Im wondering about a private scan xmas eve - not because i expect to see another heartbeat in 6 days time i dont but to get measurements and some photos and to just get another opinion really and some realistic measurements so that in january at the other scan i have a sort of comparrison report to see the changes that have taken place if any - also if we do loose them atleast ill have the photo as a memory where as NHS dont give out any early pregnancy photos. Would be lovely to ave the 2 sacs and 2 babies to show my mum.

Sunflower3
December 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I totally understand how you are feeling Mum! It's so hard waiting and wondering. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope both babies are ok. It's shocking, exciting, terrifying, worrisome and so many emotions rolled into one! I have been trying not to stress bc I don't want to put stress on the babies. It's so early, like with me so try to stay positive. I am hear if you need to pm me.

Justjessica
December 19th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Good luck. I hope everything turns out ok.

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks Guys - means so much having you all here

fairyfrog
December 19th, 2012, 07:55 AM
That is good news. Hang in there and think positive thoughts...will keep you in my prayers.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I'm thinking of you and hoping everything comes out ok.

EmmyRoo
December 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Oh mum23, :hugs:. I was thinking though, twins are smaller at birth than single babies so wouldn't they be smaller at the start too? Maybe measuring 5wks at 6 or 7 isn't a problem for twins?
I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Keep us all updated. X

Mrs_P
December 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
A private scan might be good, they are often more helpful and friendly than the nhs - the place i went to was lovely and i'd recommend them to anyone.

Really glad your dh is being supportive.

My little one measured small at my early scan to - i was mean't to be 7+3, they said she was 6 weeks but she's measuring rights for dates now.

Really hoping this works out right for you - is it possible as well that you had a fake o first and didn't realise it

odd
December 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM
good luck...hope everything turns out well for you :)

Rosie85
December 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Im with Emmy, maybe they measure so small because they are twins and one one twin is always bigger right? Been thinking of you, really hope both bubs will be okay!

The Anchor
December 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I think the xmas eve scan would be a great idea, even if just to put your anxiety at ease. Good luck mum23, FX for you...

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks ladies I dont think hubby would agree he would think it a waste of money a week and a half before the next planned scan but for me id like to have a photo and a report to use to make comparrisons with so i wonder if i could sneak off on my own with my mum perhaps. The costs are coming in ranging from £75 -£130 so not cheap but i need to weigh that up against how i feel about waiting it out

Atsaukina1
December 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM
hope these babes keep growing. like you said it was an early scan so give them time ot grow and these stages there is nothing we can do but rest and try to grow them. the photos sound like a nice idea and fx in Jan you see 2 nice heartbeats:)

NearlyDone
December 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Aaah i had a 7 week scan photo with my dd with the nhs.i know loads of people who got early pics especially with twins how mean they wouldn't give you any...id give them a bit of extra time..like someone said earlier even a mm wrong with these very early scans can make things seem bad when they may not be.....hope the next time you go you have 2 strong healthy babies/heartbeats

Bama Belle
December 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I hope all is well and you will see 2 strong little heartbeats soon. If it was me I'd go for an early scan, I would just worry too much while waiting til Jan.

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys my wonderful hubby has finally given in and agreed to the scan privately so we are ooked in for 24th dec ( monday ) at 11.30 - its about half hour drive from here so should be home by 1pm and will update u all with what we saw - good or bad. x

3boys
December 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
First off Mum23 I am sorry things are not plain sailing with your pregnancy :( I'm praying your baby/ babies are ok.

There is still time for your little ones and I have my fingers firmly crossed for you that they both are ok and just measuring a little small for dates.

I had a vanishing twin with DS1. I was so confused as to whether to be happy one was alive or sad because I had lost one.

Good luck for the 24th hun xx

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks 3 boys abpparently vanishing twin is sooooo common - people just dont know about it as they dont always have early scans and by the 12 week scan the other twins sac etc has all been absorbed. Im hoping that isnt the case here but im fully prepared for it if it is.

Tiffani3
December 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Good luck for Monday fx for you xx

BeadinMom
December 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thinking of you, Mum!! ♥