PDA

View Full Version : here we go AGAIN

spinningmadly
December 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I don't even know what to type this time other than how can this happen twice???

another late 2nd trimester m/c with a much wanted DD.

I have given up and will be going HT next time. apparently I just cant make healthy babies on my own anymore

nuthinbutpink
December 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I hope you get hooked up with a good geneticist for you and DH. I think some testing on each of you is warranted prior to TTC again.

HT can screen for most chromosome issues so that should surely help. Again, I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

OnlyPraying
December 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM
oh no! I'm so sorry hun :sad: ....no one should have to go through this.....how are you doing?

nuthinbutpink
December 19th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Translocation trisomy 13 occurs when a child inherits an extra chromosome 13 that is attached to another chromosome.* A parent with*normal chromosomes can have a rearrangement of genetic material between chromosome 13 and another chromosome such that the two chromosome*become attached to each other. These rearrangements are called balanced translocations because there is no extra material from chromosome 13. A person with a balanced translocation involving chromosome 13 has an increased chance of having a child with trisomy 13, because they may pass on the chromosome that*is abnormally attached to chromosome 13, resulting in the child having extra chromosome material.[1]

Most trisomy 13 pregnancies occur by chance.* However, in rare instances, a parent may have an increased chance of having a pregnancy affected by this condition because they have a translocation that involves chromosome 13.* Each parent can have*a blood test called a karyotype*to look at the chromosomes*and determine if there is a*translocation.

Wanting-a-girl
December 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'm so sorry :(

spinningmadly
December 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Nbp- thank you for the info, a translocation Is what I'm concerned about too. We did do karotyping after last time and checked our chromosomes. But I did not see a geneticist, I'm wondering if they can look more closely at our chromosomes if that makes sense? hopefully so. I am trying to figure out how to find a good geneticist in NC. Our Peri obviously just uses the one in his office.

The Anchor
December 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Oh spinning...I'm so so sorry. I hope you are able to get some answers...

Dana-Alicia
December 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear you lost another precious baby. I have been through this once and the thought of you having gone through this twice in one year is devestating... For this reason and others, we will also go HT in the future, so totally understand why you don't want to try anymore naturally. I hope your dream will come true one day, with your angelgirls in your heart and your boys in your arms.

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Oh hunny im so so sorry - I dont know what else to say. Good luck for your future.

Pangea
December 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dreamofpink
December 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss and hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Boymomsrock
December 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
oooh spinning...that is terrible. I am so so sorry.

Cinss
December 19th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I am so glad you can look to the future with sone hope spinning. I have no doubt that you will end up with a beautiful healthy dd or 2.

Violet_
December 20th, 2012, 03:27 AM
So sorry you are going through this. Big hugs.

kpmum
December 20th, 2012, 04:28 AM
So sorry- thinking of u xxx

bythestream
December 20th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Im so sorry to hear you have gone through this again spinning. I really hope and pray you are able to have a healthy daughter one day.

I have a bit of experience with karyotyping (animals not humans) and I imagine when they did your karyotyping before any abnormalities would have been seen and you would have been let know, unless it is a very small translocation on the gene level. Either way Im surprised they didn't have you see the geneticist, I would definitely recommend you visit one. Ask if there could be a small translocation that was missed on the first karyotyping.

I really hope you are able to get some answers for your losses.

dreamingpink77
December 20th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Oh my God spinning, I came here this morning and just found out about your miscarriage and that of 3boys :( What sad news :( I'm so sorry hun, it must be really heartbreaking. I'm crying with you both, this is so unfair. It seems just unreal. How can this happen, twice! I just can't find the words to tell you how much I'm sorry. If only we could change things :( Praying that you will be feeling better soon sweetie.

Sunflower3
December 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM
So sorry spinning. Your are in my thoughts and prayers.

3boys
December 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Once again Spinning, I send you lots of love. I am truly sorry for your loss. Life seems so unfair

spinningmadly
December 21st, 2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks 3boys and sunflower, you two are also in my thoughts , how are you doing?

I've been searching a lot of time online for recurrent 2nd trimester loss and it's so frustrating to see how little drs care about it. More than anything I'm tired of having to constantly do my own research :/

You&MePlus3
December 21st, 2012, 01:51 AM
That is just heartbreaking... so, so sorry for your loss(es).

Butterfly Spirit
December 21st, 2012, 02:14 AM
Oh my dear Spinning, I am just devastated at this news. It's NOT fair! :sad: My heart is just breaking for you. :broken:
I pray that the Lord will sustain you and your precious family during this difficult time, and help you and your family get through the holidays. I wish that I could offer more comforting words. I send you :luck: and 7413
as you pursue your HT journey in the New Year.

spinningmadly
December 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM
Not fair is exactly how I feel right now!!
I honestly just want some answers and just want to find any possible issues before we go ht , so that is my next step

Justjessica
December 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

jaindar343
December 29th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Here we go again with your angel girls in heart in your boys arms. so please let see this romance for the india