PDA

View Full Version : BFP Progression

WantingPink
December 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
So here is my 11 - 19 DPO progression. I am think this is good and I can R/O ectopic pregnancy?? Anyone on here know if this looks normal? I am not planning on telling DH till Christmas day so I won't be seeing a doctor until sometime after the 1st of the year as long as everything keeps looking and feeling normal.

Mum23boys
December 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Looking good lady :-)

The Anchor
December 19th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Looks pretty good! Congrats!

Violet_
December 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I think it looks perfect. Wow, you are strong to keep it from your DH! But will be a nice Christmas surprise though.

WantingPink
December 19th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I think it looks perfect. Wow, you are strong to keep it from your DH! But will be a nice Christmas surprise though.

It is hard but since he has been out of town for the last 4 days and won't be back until the 21st it has been a little easier. I think when he comes back I am going to want to just blurt it out!! I was planning on wrapping a digital HPT that says "pregnant" under the tree and let him open it:) Hopefully he will find that to be a good surprise since we weren't planning on getting PG just yet :worry:

Girlsway
December 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
So here is my 11 - 19 DPO progression. I am think this is good and I can R/O ectopic pregnancy?? Anyone on here know if this looks normal? I am not planning on telling DH till Christmas day so I won't be seeing a doctor until sometime after the 1st of the year as long as everything keeps looking and feeling normal.

I love this, helps me to compare!

WantingPink
December 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
I love this, helps me to compare!

Thanks!! That is why I posted it. I was looking all over for progression pictures and didn't think my lines were getting dark enough fast enough. Turns out they were just fine and "normal" which is usually the case about things that I over obsess about:)

Cinss
December 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Great photo! They do fade a bit the older they get.

Girlsway
December 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM

My progression line is very similar to yours, thanks for posting this. It does reassure me. Also how did your DH like his Xmas present?

WantingPink
December 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I decided against it. We were talking one night and he basically asked me if I thought I was PG. He also told me that he would be very mad if I ever surprised him with a pos HPT. So I pretended as if I had not tested at all and let him think that the first time I was taking a HPT was when he brought it up. So to avoid a fight I pretended that I was as surprised as him when we found out... oh well... he was happy and so was I so that is all that matters. I will take that one to the grave:)

Girlsway
December 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
That was a right decision, your DH probably had a sneaking feeling something was up. You played it well, he would have been disappointed otherwise. How are you feeling otherwise? I don't have any sickness yet, i forgot when that usually starts but I constantly feel paranoid the pregnancy is going to end in a miscarriage. I know I try to keep positive but my past experience (one miscarriage at 11 wks and one chemical) won't let me sleep.

WantingPink
December 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
That was a right decision, your DH probably had a sneaking feeling something was up. You played it well, he would have been disappointed otherwise. How are you feeling otherwise? I don't have any sickness yet, i forgot when that usually starts but I constantly feel paranoid the pregnancy is going to end in a miscarriage. I know I try to keep positive but my past experience (one miscarriage at 11 wks and one chemical) won't let me sleep.

I am paranoid of the same thing. I think it is just a constant worry for every woman. A miscarriage at 11 weeks must have been tough though. I can see why you are worried. Did your doctor say why you miscarried?

So far I am feeling well. I have had a little queasiness every now and then but for the most part if I just eat and stay hydrated I have been feeling well. I am expecting that in the next weeks it will get progressively worse. With DS2 my MS was AWFUL!! Puking all the time until I was 7 month pregnant. Hope this pregnancy isn't like that. When are you due?

Girlsway
December 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I am paranoid of the same thing. I think it is just a constant worry for every woman. A miscarriage at 11 weeks must have been tough though. I can see why you are worried. Did your doctor say why you miscarried?

So far I am feeling well. I have had a little queasiness every now and then but for the most part if I just eat and stay hydrated I have been feeling well. I am expecting that in the next weeks it will get progressively worse. With DS2 my MS was AWFUL!! Puking all the time until I was 7 month pregnant. Hope this pregnancy isn't like that. When are you due?

The miscarriage was due to Turners Syndrome, its posible it was due to BD frequency (did it only once that month) or simply it could have been a bad egg, there is no certain answer to that. We didn't sway then but knowing more now we opted for FR this time just in case :-) I know I have more chances of having a boy with it, but healthy baby is the priority.

I am glad you are feeling fine, I am okay so far too!*

According to the dates Im due 31.8. But according to the ovulation 1. or 2.9. I didn't track the temp, I only used OPKs. That's why I give it couple of days.

My positive line on the HPT got quite dark now. Are you still testing?

WantingPink
December 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
The miscarriage was due to Turners Syndrome, its posible it was due to BD frequency (did it only once that month) or simply it could have been a bad egg, there is no certain answer to that. We didn't sway then but knowing more now we opted for FR this time just in case :-) I know I have more chances of having a boy with it, but healthy baby is the priority.

I am glad you are feeling fine, I am okay so far too!*

According to the dates Im due 31.8. But according to the ovulation 1. or 2.9. I didn't track the temp, I only used OPKs. That's why I give it couple of days.

My positive line on the HPT got quite dark now. Are you still testing?

I am really sorry to hear that. From what I understand Turner's syndrome is really rare and so the good news is it shouldn't happen again. I really hope this little one sticks around for you!!

I haven't tested with HPT since about day 21. The test line was darker than the control line so I figured all was well and it was time to stop. My MS has been very mild and very tolerable. I like a little MS because it makes me feel like I am pregnant and baby is doing well. I just hope it stays this way so I can eat normally and still function with my kids. I have found if I drink a lot of water it seems to help.

You due date makes it tough to know what forum to post in hu?? Do you have a first drs appointment scheduled? I am not going in until 10 weeks which makes me a little nervous but that was as soon as they could get me in??

Girlsway
January 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I am really sorry to hear that. From what I understand Turner's syndrome is really rare and so the good news is it shouldn't happen again. I really hope this little one sticks around for you!!

I haven't tested with HPT since about day 21. The test line was darker than the control line so I figured all was well and it was time to stop. My MS has been very mild and very tolerable. I like a little MS because it makes me feel like I am pregnant and baby is doing well. I just hope it stays this way so I can eat normally and still function with my kids. I have
found if I drink a lot of water it seems to help.

You due date makes it tough to know what forum to post in hu?? Do you have a first drs appointment scheduled? I am not going in until 10 weeks which makes me a little nervous but that was as soon as they could get me in??

You don't have long to go to your first appointment, less than two weeks now. My first US was yesterday and it was great to see the little tinny baby with a good heartbeat and a good size for its age. I immediately fell in love with it. I asked the sonographer to which side it lied and he said it's more to the left but he stressed he didn't believe to Ramzis method (he scans everyday I guess he has more knowledge) but still it gave me a little hope it could be a girl :-)

How are you going about the gender finding? Will they be doing the blood tests this time round?

WantingPink
January 13th, 2013, 11:33 AM
You don't have long to go to your first appointment, less than two weeks now. My first US was yesterday and it was great to see the little tinny baby with a good heartbeat and a good size for its age. I immediately fell in love with it. I asked the sonographer to which side it lied and he said it's more to the left but he stressed he didn't believe to Ramzis method (he scans everyday I guess he has more knowledge) but still it gave me a little hope it could be a girl :-)

How are you going about the gender finding? Will they be doing the blood tests this time round?

How exciting that you got to see a heartbeat already!! That is cool that your sonographer had heard of Ramzis method. 6 weeks is suppose to be the perfect time to do it also!! I think my baby is on the right because I feel everything on the right. Ever since my DS1 c-section I feel everything on the right side though so who knows. I think I have a lot of scar tissue or something. I wish I could get in to see this little bean sooner than 10 weeks! I did end up getting a doppler and my husband gave me a ton of crap for it (I knew he would). He can be such a buzz kill!! However, I was hunting around the other night and couldn't find anything so he tried for me and we think we found a very faint HB but it was in the background of mine so we are going to try again in a week.

We are going to find out gender... probably when we do the MaterniT21 testing. I guess the OB I am going to that is the only screening for chromosomal abnormalities they do?? I just hope that is it accurate. I guess we will have it confirmed at the 20 week ultrasound. Part of me doesn't want to know so I can continue believing that there is a chance I have a girl. I have myself so convinced that I am having another DS that I won't even look at girl names. If this is a boy I think we will name him Nolan.

What about you... are you finding out gender and if so when?

Girlsway
January 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
It's probably a good thing you think it's a boy, you getting yourself ready and it won't be a shock to you. But I have my fx for you it's a girl, it has to be :-) Unlike you I am setting myself for a big fall, I think it's a girl and I have doubts about finding out. What if my feelings surprise me and I'd feel disappointed with the opposite? I hope I wont but it can happen. And what if these feelings don't go away? Many times I keep on imagining this situation and my reaction to it. Will looking sad hurt my DHs feeling? Is hiding the way I feel the answer to this? What do you recon? Am I bad person if I'd feel that way, shouldn't I be grateful I am able to have 3 children at all?

You are very lucky you have Maternit21t available, it's a brilliant test. Unfortunately it's not available in the UK otherwise I would definitely have it done. They do a similar trisomy 21 screening in Germany called Praena but it's very expensive around Eur1,300 plus they won't determine the gender. Its only worth paying if the 12 wks results are in the higher risk group. It looks like we will have to wait till 20wk scan but I will ask for the blood results at 12 weeks (part of the combination test) and I will try to guess from that.

Btw Nolan is a very nice name, isn't it Irish? Lets hope you will be choosing pink names soon instead :-)

maybeoneday
January 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Hi girlsway, sorry for crashing your post but thought you might like to know there is a similar test to the maternit21 test available in the uk. It is only available at the fetal medicine centre on Harley street. They can tell gender but don't think they will tell you but will obviously tell you about all trisomy risks. Might be worth a phone call though as it is so new it is not even listed on their website yet. I found out about it by accident when I called to make a nuchal appointment and they offered it to me. I had to google it to find out what it was! X

Girlsway
January 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Hi girlsway, sorry for crashing your post but thought you might like to know there is a similar test to the maternit21 test available in the uk. It is only available at the fetal medicine centre on Harley street. They can tell gender but don't think they will tell you but will obviously tell you about all trisomy risks. Might be worth a phone call though as it is so new it is not even listed on their website yet. I found out about it by accident when I called to make a nuchal appointment and they offered it to me. I had to google it to find out what it was! X

Thank you Maybeoneday, great piece of information. I am 38 in couple of months so the test would be beneficial even if they dont tell the gender. I wonder how much does it cost, did they tell you. I heard about the centre before, a friend used it through out her pregnancy, but it didn't occur me they'd do it. Many thanks for the info, it's much appreciated!

Good luck with your tests, will you be finding out?

WantingPink
January 15th, 2013, 12:16 AM
It's probably a good thing you think it's a boy, you getting yourself ready and it won't be a shock to you. But I have my fx for you it's a girl, it has to be :-) Unlike you I am setting myself for a big fall, I think it's a girl and I have doubts about finding out. What if my feelings surprise me and I'd feel disappointed with the opposite? I hope I wont but it can happen. And what if these feelings don't go away? Many times I keep on imagining this situation and my reaction to it. Will looking sad hurt my DHs feeling? Is hiding the way I feel the answer to this? What do you recon? Am I bad person if I'd feel that way, shouldn't I be grateful I am able to have 3 children at all?

You are very lucky you have Maternit21t available, it's a brilliant test. Unfortunately it's not available in the UK otherwise I would definitely have it done. They do a similar trisomy 21 screening in Germany called Praena but it's very expensive around Eur1,300 plus they won't determine the gender. Its only worth paying if the 12 wks results are in the higher risk group. It looks like we will have to wait till 20wk scan but I will ask for the blood results at 12 weeks (part of the combination test) and I will try to guess from that.

Btw Nolan is a very nice name, isn't it Irish? Lets hope you will be choosing pink names soon instead :-)

I got my hopes up with DS2 that he was a girl. My PG was very different and everyone kept telling me "you look like you are carrying a girl!" I was so sure that he was a girl that when I went to my ultrasound and the tech told me my baby was a boy I was completely speechless. I was really quiet. I could tell my DH was very happy but I was dying on the inside. I waited until I was in the elevator and then I cried. Then I had to go back to work and tell everyone there that I was having a boy. There were mixed responses but all and all it was horrible and I didn't take the news very well. So with #3 I am already expecting a boy. I know people are going to say hurtful things already so I am prepared for that.

I had the name Nolan picked out for DS2 when my DH decided that he wanted Tyler. Keep in mind he also named DS1 was I was really upset that I didn't get the name I wanted. Well this time DH can kiss my behind because I am getting the name I want this time:)

I guess the MaterniT21 test can be done at 10 weeks and my first appointment is 10 weeks 3 days so as long as baby is measuring 10 weeks I am hoping they will let me do the test then. It takes about a week to get the results back so I should know my 11.5 weeks. I will definitely want to confirm it at the 20 week US. Are you going to get a 12 week NT scan done? Then you can ask for a nub shot and get some clues off of that:)

maybeoneday
January 15th, 2013, 01:47 PM

I didn't know what it was when they offered it to me so they said they would talk me through it on Thursday. Doing online research I think they are charging £400 but I know they were doing clinical trials on it at a certain gestation so weren't charging ( only £180 for the nuchal). Will know more after Thursday but might be worth calling them soon to see if ou can get on a trial.

I used them in my previous pregnancy and they were amazing. Very highly recommended.

Will keep you posted!

Girlsway
January 15th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I didn't know what it was when they offered it to me so they said they would talk me through it on Thursday. Doing online research I think they are charging £400 but I know they were doing clinical trials on it at a certain gestation so weren't charging ( only £180 for the nuchal). Will know more after Thursday but might be worth calling them soon to see if ou can get on a trial.

I used them in my previous pregnancy and they were amazing. Very highly recommended.

Will keep you posted!

Thanks maybeoneday, that's a great tip. I called them this morning and they confirmed it was £400 but no mention of free trials. Friend also said they were amazing, she simple didn't trust the nhs after they wanted to abort her long awaited IVF child, who is a very sweet 2 year old now. I used Portland for extra scans with DS2 (i was spotting throughout the whole pregnancy) and they were good too.

I will call again tomorrow and ask about the trials, it would be very lucky to get it done for free.

Good luck on Thursday!

maybeoneday
January 15th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I have a feeling it was back in November and it is finished now but worth a question? I was gong to have the NT first and see what the results are before committing to another £400.

Let me know how you get on with the free trial question!

Girlsway
January 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Hi Maybeoneday, I just got off the phone with the clinic (I spoke to someone more senior) and they still do the free trials. I am booked in for 5th Feb, I will be 10wks +2. I can't thank you enough for the advise. Ladies here are amazing, my DH moans I spend too much time on this site but its been very beneficial. Thanks so much!

Girlsway
January 16th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I got my hopes up with DS2 that he was a girl. My PG was very different and everyone kept telling me "you look like you are carrying a girl!" I was so sure that he was a girl that when I went to my ultrasound and the tech told me my baby was a boy I was completely speechless. I was really quiet. I could tell my DH was very happy but I was dying on the inside. I waited until I was in the elevator and then I cried. Then I had to go back to work and tell everyone there that I was having a boy. There were mixed responses but all and all it was horrible and I didn't take the news very well. So with #3 I am already expecting a boy. I know people are going to say hurtful things already so I am prepared for that.

I had the name Nolan picked out for DS2 when my DH decided thaAt he wanted Tyler. Keep in mind he also named DS1 was I was really upset that I didn't get the name I wanted. Well this time DH can kiss my behind because I am getting the name I want this time:)

I guess the MaterniT21 test can be done at 10 weeks and my first appointment is 10 weeks 3 days so as long as baby is measuring 10 weeks I am hoping they will let me do the test then. It takes about a week to get the results back so I should know my 11.5 weeks. I will definitely want to confirm it at the 20 week US. Are you going to get a 12 week NT scan done? Then you can ask for a nub shot and get some clues off of that:)
That's a pretty natural reaction. How was your pregnancy after that, did you feel different (this is what scares me the most). I knew we were having boys from the beginning so luckily it wasn't a surprise plus I knew we wanted 3 children, so hope was still there. The hurtful comments are the worse, my troubled brother got his girlfriend pg by mistake and they had a girl. He claims I am jealous of him having a girl, which is not the case at all. I wish him the best. On contrary I have a feeling he might be jealous of my boys who are so adored in the family and that's why his reaction. But still his comment was painful and as you say its good to get ready. I am sure he will be laughing at me if this is a boy. Luckily no one takes him seriously.
What comments did you receive?

It's good to see you are putting your foot down on choosing the name, I am sure your DH will let you choose whatever the gender this time round. If it was up to my hubby our son would have been called Horatio haha :-) Did you have a girls name ready last time?

Btw are you showing already? I feel hungry all the time and now I am not sure if my stomach expanded or if the baby started to grow :-)

WantingPink
January 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
That's a pretty natural reaction. How was your pregnancy after that, did you feel different (this is what scares me the most). I knew we were having boys from the beginning so luckily it wasn't a surprise plus I knew we wanted 3 children, so hope was still there. The hurtful comments are the worse, my troubled brother got his girlfriend pg by mistake and they had a girl. He claims I am jealous of him having a girl, which is not the case at all. I wish him the best. On contrary I have a feeling he might be jealous of my boys who are so adored in the family and that's why his reaction. But still his comment was painful and as you say its good to get ready. I am sure he will be laughing at me if this is a boy. Luckily no one takes him seriously.
What comments did you receive?

It's good to see you are putting your foot down on choosing the name, I am sure your DH will let you choose whatever the gender this time round. If it was up to my hubby our son would have been called Horatio haha :-) Did you have a girls name ready last time?

Btw are you showing already? I feel hungry all the time and now I am not sure if my stomach expanded or if the baby started to grow :-)

Well I am lucky that I don't have anyone in my family like your brother. That would be very hurtful for someone to tell you that you are jealous however, you are probably right... he is the jealous one. My brother has two boys also so my Mom has 4 grandsons and no granddaughters. So when everyone finds out I am PG I know the pressure will be on (even though I know this is another boy).

One of our neighbors and close friends just had a baby. They have a 3 yo girl and now a newborn baby boy. When she went for her gender scan and found out she was having a boy she cried. She didn't want a boy... she wanted two girls. She says boys are too "crazy". I know she sees my boys doing little boy things (like riding their bikes down the driveway backward) and almost passes out. Not sure how she is going to handle having a boy however, I really do dread telling her we are having another baby. I know it will be all about gender and peoples comments can really sting!!

I feel like I have definitely gotten bigger this week. Although I don't think anyone else can tell (DH and kids haven't said anything) and the scale hasn't gone up (I haven't gained any weight YET) I feel like I am starting to show. My MS is staying steady so that is good news. I am hoping this is the worst of it and it will get better here shortly!! My first scan is in about a week so I am very excited for that!

Girlsway
January 31st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Well I am lucky that I don't have anyone in my family like your brother. That would be very hurtful for someone to tell you that you are jealous however, you are probably right... he is the jealous one. My brother has two boys also so my Mom has 4 grandsons and no granddaughters. So when everyone finds out I am PG I know the pressure will be on (even though I know this is another boy).

One of our neighbors and close friends just had a baby. They have a 3 yo girl and now a newborn baby boy. When she went for her gender scan and found out she was having a boy she cried. She didn't want a boy... she wanted two girls. She says boys are too "crazy". I know she sees my boys doing little boy things (like riding their bikes down the driveway backward) and almost passes out. Not sure how she is going to handle having a boy however, I really do dread telling her we are having another baby. I know it will be all about gender and peoples comments can really sting!!

I feel like I have definitely gotten bigger this week. Although I don't think anyone else can tell (DH and kids haven't said anything) and the scale hasn't gone up (I haven't gained any weight YET) I feel like I am starting to show. My MS is staying steady so that is good news. I am hoping this is the worst of it and it will get better here shortly!! My first scan is in about a week so I am very excited for that!
Hi Wantinggirl! How was your first scan and when are your MaterniT21 results?

We are on 2wks holiday so I wasn't logged in much.
I got a nasty thrush with spotting while outside the Uk but luckily the local private healthcare is very good and they even scanned me quickly and everything was fine. It was a big releave.

My harmony test is on Tuesday but they told me it will take 2 wks for the results. Plus I am not sure if they tell me the gender. Lucky you!

I came across your post about eating less carbs to help MS. I tried it and it worked, but it's hard to limit my favourites like bread and pasta. While on hols it's hard to find fresh foods here and I feel quilty about not eating the best possible foods while in the first semester. The foods here are salty and with lots of preservatives. What do you think of that?

More I think about gender, I am starting to believe its a boy too. I feel exactly the same as with my DS2, sick (but not physically been) need to sleep in the afternoon and counting down days to 13wks when I got better with last pregnancy.

How do you feel?

Girlsway
February 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi WantingPink, do you know what you are having now?
Would like to hear from you xx