PDA

View Full Version : Girl after 2 or more boys - what was the difference in symptoms?!

Lolly55
December 19th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I know this has been done to death but it's a fun way to pass the time! I just want to hear from ladies who have 2 (or more) boys and then a girl what were the differences with your girl pregnancy?
I know it is thought symptoms dont mean much, but I do believe that individuals can experience differences with girl versus boys - I know too many people IRL who this has happened to!
I have some symptoms that are different to both my boys........it's so hard not to get hopes up!! If you are pregnant with a girl (or have had a girl) after 2 or more boys please share the differences with me?

Wanting-a-girl
December 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I don't have a girl obviously but with my third boy I swore he was a girl cause I felt way sicker than the others and I craved sweet things like Belgium waffles and cherry coke with my first two boys I had a water bottle full of vinager on me at all times! ... I always thought symptoms gave you clues but now not so much my friend who was preg with a girl didn't find out the entire time what she was having and she craved beef... She didn't get big at all and I always thought when preg with a girl you get huge but apparently not lol it's fun to symptom spot tho

Lolly55
December 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
It is certainly fun! I dont put any stock in cravings. I wanted salt and savoury with DS1, sweet and cold things DS2 and this time again burgers/fries etc! I do somewhat believe in things that could be impacted by hormones though....ie. moods, sex drive - makes a but more scientific sense to me.

pebmcpd7
December 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I don't think any symptoms mean that much, with my 4th boy, I was so sick right up to 7months, I even lost weight!! So no I don't think it tells you anything, I was team green and was shocked when a boy popped out, was full sure it was a DD!!!

hotdogz&boyz
December 19th, 2012, 11:29 PM
For me, it kinds held true. Not with m/s or cravings, which were about the same levels (the sickness) and I crave similar things with all of my pregnancies (milk, green beans, Mac-n-cheese, hot wings). But other stuff was/is different.

With my boys: I had horrible back acne for months (I remember applying concealer to wear my summer clothing it was so bad). I also had ridiculous insomnia from weeks 10-25. I would sleep 2-3 hours and be awake for 5 more and then fall asleep at sunrise again. It was miserable. BUT, despite the lack of sleep, I loved being preggo, I was happy and looked good pregnant (glowy and such). Not much else was hallmark in their pregnancies. They were pretty easy and remarkably similar.

With my current girl: The day I peed on the stick the heartburn started and has continued ever since. I got an incredible sense of smell immediately as well. It did not produce any aversions or cravings, but I could smell my kids diaper five miles away. I also get tons of "belly upset" (hiccups constantly, indigestion, internal gas bubbles all the time, rolling stomach). My face has been horribly broke out (not a single thing on my back) and I am the biggest grump you will ever meet. I look like heck, I know this for a fact! I don't feel good and glowy....just gross and pudgy. Not a single issue sleeping, I conk for as long as the other kids let me sleep. I still enjoy the concept of pregnancy and am excited, but I admit I don't love it as much this time around.

Oh, and I also am carrying my babies differently. My boys were both pretty high and got into my ribs quickly. My bump started above that "imaginary" pelvic bone line and went into my boobs. This girl is sooooo low. I have no bump to speak of yet (18 weeks...I did with both boys) but my pudge is hanging low and she kicks below my hip bones. Nothing at all above my belly button and at this point, both my boys were in my ribs (I measured huge with them...here's to hoping I don't this time!).

I did manage to write all of these things off. I know old wives tales are just fun and nothing meant anything. I was actually shocked when the sonogram said girl at 16 weeks. We confirm again at 19 weeks (next week). But my potty shot was pretty gorgeous and telling of a little girl.

Lolly55
December 20th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Congrats on your girl hotdogz! Bet you are excited to experience the difference, as gorgeous as boys are.
You got me a bit excited as you have similar differences to me - I have been so incredibly moody which is very out of character for me and not something I have had in past pregnancies (well maybe at the very end!). I am irritated by the smallest things and feel so hormonal that it is hard to enjoy anything as I am constantly grumpy. I also can smell my kids nappies from a mile away, and everything else for that matter.
The other thing for me is the lack of sex drive, I have no desire and with the boys my drive was higher and when i didnt really feel like it if things got going it was always great (better than usual!) this time - no interest and when we get going i just go through the motions awful as it sounds.
I am craving the same things and have similar sickness and exhaustion levels etc...
Did you have any difference in sex drive? Like you am trying to tell myself it all means nothing so as not to get my hopes up but it's hard. Especially when my OB told me that i have a 65% chance of another boy given I have 2 already! So I am expecting blue but still have the teeniest hope for pink I guess..........

mommymachine
December 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
My pregnancy was completely 100% different with my daughter,
I carried her different, I peed more, I had heartburn, was sick up until the day I had her, her heart beat was faster, I craved different things. The biggest difference was the sickness and how LOW I carried her. I carried my boys so high.

hotdogz&boyz
December 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats on your girl hotdogz! Bet you are excited to experience the difference, as gorgeous as boys are.
You got me a bit excited as you have similar differences to me - I have been so incredibly moody which is very out of character for me and not something I have had in past pregnancies (well maybe at the very end!). I am irritated by the smallest things and feel so hormonal that it is hard to enjoy anything as I am constantly grumpy. I also can smell my kids nappies from a mile away, and everything else for that matter.
The other thing for me is the lack of sex drive, I have no desire and with the boys my drive was higher and when i didnt really feel like it if things got going it was always great (better than usual!) this time - no interest and when we get going i just go through the motions awful as it sounds.
I am craving the same things and have similar sickness and exhaustion levels etc...
Did you have any difference in sex drive? Like you am trying to tell myself it all means nothing so as not to get my hopes up but it's hard. Especially when my OB told me that i have a 65% chance of another boy given I have 2 already! So I am expecting blue but still have the teeniest hope for pink I guess..........

Yes, my sex drive changed...but opposite. I had no interest in, desire for, or pleasure out of sex with my boys. Frankly, I avoided it as much as possible. This time, not so much avoidance ;) I am tired and therefore it's not like a constant thing. But I can certainly say my drive is much healthier since becoming pregnant this time.

And I think that it wouldn't be so much which way it changed, just that it did. I know gender has a completely different effect on some people (hence some are sick as dogs with boys and others are with girls), so it changing to opposite for you personally seems hopeful :) I hope you get your girl!

2boys1girl
December 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
My first pregnancy was with our DD first, followed by 2 boys, and now pregnant with another girl. I can tell you, my 2 boy pregnancies were identical(no symptoms whatsoever), and my 2 girl pregnancies have been identical(lots of morning sickness, VERY moody and exhausted all the time!). For me personally, my body reacts completely different when I carry boys vs girls!

amandao7491
December 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM
My boys were so different from my baby girl that I am pregnant with now, they were much higher and in the middle. With baby girl she is low and very much busy than the boys. Her kicks are like a foot ball player and she started on the left side and is on the right side now at 5 months along.

coocoobananas
December 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
You sound exactly like me hotdogz and made me cling to girl, but nope, boy here! It definatly laid to rest for me that its probably just a coincidence:)

mydream
December 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM
This pregnancy- by far the hardest, sick for most of it...with nausea etc. Overall way different than the boys for me!

byebeautiful
January 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I do not have a girl, I have 3 boys and all the pregnancies were different. Different cravings, carried them all different

Thorz300
January 29th, 2013, 01:57 PM
All 3 of my pregnancies (all boys) were the exact same. I'm barely pregnant now so I don't know if this one will be different, but so far the only difference is I got my BFP way earlier at 8dpo, with all boys it was closer to 11 DPO also with my boys i had the symptom of sharp stabs during the 2ww this time my only symptom was strong AF cramps during the 2ww. I just really hope this pregnancy is different mostly because it was miserable with all 3 boys!

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 05:33 AM
ah ha have been anyalising myself maincially!

DS1 no MS, heartburn, high libido, slept like a log, DS2 tiny bit of MS (however ds1 was 7 months), high libido no heartburn, slept like a log

this time I have never felt so rough in my entire life I feel like I have a hangover permantly, no libido thou may relate to previous point ;-0 and not sleeping too well

:fx: or else it's just getting my hopes up in a very crurel way