PDA

View Full Version : Chit Chat what will be on your Dinner plate on the 25th

Pearl327
December 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I love Christmas Dinner and was just wondering what everyone eats, Cos I know not everyone eats the Turkey and Ham, And I think it could be an Irish thing to have to two meats together in the one meal.

So here is the menu to be served by my Mum.

Starter : Cheese, winter leaf, candied walnuts, pear and cranberry salad ( Usually this is Goats cheese but I guess not for me this year)

Soup : Cream of Mushroom

Main: Brazil Nut roast, Roast potato, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Mash Potato, Grilled pineapple slices, my own batch of veggie stuffing balls ( the non veggies will be having Turkey and Ham and my mam makes a mash potato with sausagemeat and turkey juices kinda stuffing too) Plus white sauce & cranberry sauce

Dessert : Christmas Pudding with my Aunts double cream and meringue ice-cream with homemade butterscotch sauce.

I know it sounds like a lot of food. And it is, I will be breaking out the maternity clothes for the first time for this dinner. But we start eating at 2.30ish and probably wont finish until 6pm.

Rosie85
December 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds so fancy and tasty pearl! I am very jealous! We normally have ham but my I'm said she is feeling lazy this year and wants to do tacos...I could just cry.

Pearl327
December 20th, 2012, 11:02 AM
We do go all out for Christmas i suppose, never really thought about it too much as it is a similar dinner down at DH's parents house so I assumed it was normal. There are 13 of us in my family, incl 2 DP's and 3 kids so it was always a big dinner to feed a big family.

I don't think I would be too impressed with taco's for my Chrismas dinner either.

Rosie85
December 20th, 2012, 11:06 AM
We normally always had a fancy dinner but lately my mom hasn't been into it and my mother in law can't cook, haha

Mum23boys
December 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM
well we usually start off in the morning with bucks fizz and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels.

Lunch will be a turkey roast, roast potoaoes, parsnips, carrot and swede, broccoli, sprouts with bacon, pigs in blankets, garvy etc etc you get the idea - big full on roast diner

Pudding will be something rich and filling with lots of cream

Then there will be a cheese and cracker board and some mince pies no dobht

Can not wait !!! Yum yum yum

Mrs_P
December 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Wow your lunches sound so nice - can i come?

I have to cook lunch myself this year (first year) so i have no clue how it will turn out, am doing:

Potato and leek soup with fresh crusty bread

Turkey or Gammon (or both if your my hubby), roast potatoes with garlic, mashed potatos, chantey carrots, yummy yummy beans (as my son calls them), cheese and leek bake, sausages wrapped in bacon, sprouts, gravy and something veggie for me (probably mushroom wellington).

Christmas pudding with brandy and cream or probably a big chocoloate fudge cake - not sure and ice cream (chocolate and toffee) with chocolate sauce and sprinkles for the kids.

Hope i pull it off :nails:

Amberlilly55
December 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
We pick a new theme every year for Christmas and that is what determines what we eat. This year it is Cuban food! We are having Pork, empanadas, black bean and rice, cuban bread, picadillo, platanos and tostonas and then lots of different desserts. This is only our third year of doing themed meals and I love it! Previously we have done Mexican and breakfast for dinner. So yummy!

Praying4Pink
December 22nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Well every year we have turkey and ham but this year I talked my good ole mom into making a roast also! So we are having 3 meats this year. Also string beans, stuffing, Macaroni and cheese, rolls, and possibly potato salad. Also an array of desserts including a red velvet cake.