PDA

View Full Version : Morning/Night Sickness

Inky
December 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've heard the following "wives tales":

Morning Sickness or No Sickness is more common with boys.
Night Sickness or All Day Sickness is more common with girls.
Sick your entire pregnancy, or only in the second and third trimester, is more common with boys.
Sick only in the first trimester is more common with girls.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is more common with girls.

Some of these are completely unfounded, but there have been studies done that show if you have severe morning sickness your odds of finding out it's a girl are higher than if you don't have severe morning sickness. MORE INFO HERE (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/19real.html?_r=0)

Of course, this is just statistics--it doesn't mean if you have severe morning sickness you WILL have a girl and that if you don't you WILL have a boy. In fact, my friend had hyperemesis gravidarum with her son, though I had it only with my daughter.

So I'm putting together a little poll to see how the science of the world holds up to the stats on gender dreaming!

Mrs_P
December 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
My sickness (feeling sick not acutally been sick with any of them) had gotten worse (lasted for long and felt sicker) with all my boys. Ds1 severe but lasted about as long as bug, ds2 lasted a few weeks mostly at lunch times, ds3 lasted well into 2nd trimester, again mostly at lunch times but i really struggled to eat lunch and evening meal with him.

This little one, not very much at all, lasted a couple of weeks slight sick feeling in the evening mostly just put me off certain foods - quite a shock since i suffered quite badly last time round (really hoping its not an early sign something was wrong, although cvs test showed her to be healthy)

cvd
December 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
My DS I was never nauseous or sick at all the entire pregnancy! This pregnancy sickness was terrible at night but stopped as soon as I got to the second trimester! Hope it means girl hehe :)

Violet_
December 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
After feeling like I'm dying every moment of every night and day all the way through my pregnancies I cannot fathom anyone not getting sick at all during pregnancy????!! It's just amazing.

strawberrymom
December 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
DS1 I had no sickness at all. DS2 I had horrible morning sickness for 1st trimester.

Cinss
December 22nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
I had no MS with DD, i has slight nausea in the afternoons with DS, or when i would let myself get hungry.

Tiggerian
December 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my DD
No morning sickness at all with DS1
Morning sickness until 16 weeks with DS2 - but only after 6pm and when confronted with raw meat! o_O

Mum23boys
December 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
I had nauseau at night time with ds1
nothing with ds 2
Nausea if hungry with ds3

With this one i have nausea 24-7 day and night - no sickness but feel sick non stop even after eating. Getting no sleep as feel more sick when lying down. Whether its because I was / am cooking 2 I dont know or whether its because 1 is a girl I've no idea.

Life In Pink
December 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Every pregnancy is different. I do not think it has to do with gender. My first DD I was sick in the mornings and would throw up in the first trimester. My 2nd DD I only had slight morning sicknes but nothing to complain about. With this pregnancy I'm having a boy and I've been sick morning noon and night starting from 9 weeks and am still sick now at 18 weeks. I'd say I've felt the worst. Hope this helped.

Pangea
December 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I had extremely bad morning sickness for the first 20 weeks with both my boys. With DS1 it was very bad, I couldn't keep anything own and I lost a lot of weight, there were weeks when I couldn't even move my head without throwing up. I still feel traumatised from it. With DS2 it was slightly better, I still vomited frequently throughout the day but I could keep a little food and drink down and I didn't lose as much weight.

I've never been pregnant with a girl so I can't compare, but I'm really hoping that I won't be as sick with a girl. When I get pregnant I'm going to buy a morning sickness self hypnosis CD to see if I can manage it that way. If it works for people in labour then maybe it can work for me when I'm sick.

Rosie85
December 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Nope I has all day sickness with all three boys. 1st and this pregnancy only 1st trimester. 2nd pregnancy was 1st and 2nd trimester.

WantingPink
December 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I felt very very sick with DS1. I felt like I had to puke morning, noon, and night but I never actually threw up... just wanted to. It lasted until I was 7 months pregnant. With DS2 I was puking all the time until I was 7 months pregnant. I did get some relief from ginger capsules. My MS has always been awful and I expect this one will be no different so I have stocked up on ginger and I am going to try the bracelets. Hopefully it works!!

hotdogz&boyz
December 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Mine were opposite, mostly.

Ds1: Nighttime sickness, pretty bad for the first first trimester. Low level nausea most of the day (not throwing up, just nauseous) through the first trimester.

Ds2: All day nausea through the first trimester. Horrible motion sickness. I puked multiple times on every car ride.

Dd: Morning sickness bad between weeks 8-12, sporadic morning nausea still continuing at 19 weeks.

tangiblewishes
January 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
i was recently told we're having a girl and i was sick only in 1st trimester and it was mostly at night. the only time i get sick now is if i eat italian food. *cries*