PDA

View Full Version : Hope it's ok if I post here

spinningmadly
December 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
I know that my issues are a little different than getting pregnant , I hope I don't offend anyone by posting here.
I had one loss in may at about 19-20 weeks and I just had another at 17 weeks , after the first one drs thought it was a fluke or possible aps ,this time they are convinced it's chromosomal and is not a "fluke".
They have suggested IVf w pgd however I am making sure to do other testing in case there is underlying issue.
The thing I need some reassurance with is that they keep mentioning maternal age and that sooner rather than later is better etc etc. he must have said maternal age to me at least 10 times. But I'm only 29 :( I have time right????
At least a year or two?
I am feeling anxious and rushed on top of everything else.
And right now I would really like to take time to do some testing without worrying about being rushed and getting pregnant
I get hypermesis when pregnant and between the 2 pregnancies this year and losses it's been a hard year so for the sake of my boys, they need my attention for a bit

Thorz300
December 22nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Oh my I wish I had comforting or wise words for you! I am so sorry for your loss!!!

Cinss
December 22nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
29 is not old or advanced maternal age, i am pretty sure 35 is where they start looking at risk factors etc, so i dont know why they would try to make you feel like your time is running out. They probably just want you to go ahead sooner rather than later, and if you are going to have more than 1 more, i guess it would make sense to start sooner.

spinningmadly
December 22nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cinss that's what I thought too..35.. Which is why I was a bit dumbfounded when they kept repeating it to me

BeadinMom
December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
You are still young, Spinning ♥

Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you... XOXO

Rosie85
December 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
They only me room age because every year you wait the success rate will go down, I however wouldn't think 31 or so would be much different from where you are now.