PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sweating more and it smelling odd ??

Mum23boys
December 24th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Sound stange but the last 2 days ive had a bot more under arm tackyness ( not big sweat patches or anything but they feel a bit wet compared to normal) BUT THEY SMELL OF ONION !!!

I havent even had onion so if i had i can imagine it coming out of my pores but i wake up un the morning and smell like ive rubbed raw onion under my pits - its very bizarre

Am i a complete freak ????? ha ha ha

Atsaukina1
December 24th, 2012, 08:08 AM
lol I have a thread somewhere here about sweating and smelling bad
your not a freak it is just another curse form our hormones lol
eta-
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-june-july-august-2013/20970-omg-you-funky.html

Mommyof3boys
December 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I am always super sweaty when I am pregnant. I keep deodorant in my purse, my desk at work, at home and in the car so I always have some when I need it. I haven't notices it smelling particularly bad I just feel sweaty.

Pangea
December 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
This happened to me when I was pregnant with DS2, I stank of onions! I get an increased sense of smell when I'm pregnant, and I was really sick, which made it worse. I had to have two baths a day, I used to feel like I was going to faint if I had a shower.
It only lasted for the first trimester I think, it was definitely gone by the time the morning sickness was at 20 weeks, I think it went a bit before that, so by about 15 weeks.

It's so weird isn't it?! This is the first time I've heard of it happening to anyone else!

dreamingpink77
December 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I had this after giving birth to my DS but not during pregnancy. It was very uncomfortable as I always smelled bad no matter how much I showered. My sweat too used to smell like onions, yuck, than it subsided gradually until I did not smell bad anymore. I guess it's something to do with hormones. With this pregnancy I don't smell bad, but I always seem to feel dirty down their with the increased mucus...I just feel dirty :(

Mum23boys
December 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
luckily it only lasted 3 days - oddly since finding out we have lost a twin it has cleared up so must definately be related to high numbers of hormones

Cinss
December 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yep you can thank progesterone for that :)