PDA

View Full Version : Im back wit photos and 1 healthy baby - fingers crossed things dont change in next 4 weeks

Mum23boys
December 24th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Well Im back from the private scan and the babies have swapped over. What was the non HB baby in the big sac last time is now a healthy 13.8mm fetus with a good heartbeat and the baby that did have the HB that was in the smaller sac and was measuring 5 weeks has now shrunk to 3.6mm with no HB so she thinks by 12 weeks it will have vanished completely but she says the other looks healthy and the size of the sacs at the NHS scan were probably a good indication that things would turn out this way and the tech probably didnt want to tell me incase this one didnt develop and i came away with nothing. Luckily though we have 1 fighter. I couldnt help but notice though that this baby according to RAMZIs method is the boy and its the girl we have lost though i couldnt believe i was thinking that when infact Im just super grateful we have 1 healthy baby and i thank my lucky stars for that so i know i wont be upset if it is infact a little boy that has made it through.
Hubby is relieved - i think he was really worried about twins - as was my mum
Me - Im a little gutted but am so pleased we didnt loose both and reading how common vanishing twin syndrome is ( up to 80 % of ) has really helped.

Anyway now for some photos. The report with babies sizes ,,,,,,

The 2 sacs. The one on thr right that is smaller is where the baby with HB was last time

Our healthy bean measuring 7+5

dreamingpink77
December 24th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Honey I'm sorry you lost one of your babies but glad at the same time that the other one seems healthy :) Hope everything will be ok with him/her. Don't give too much importance on Ramzi's theory and remember that usually girls are stronger than boys, so it might be the girl who have survived :) Good luck sweetie, hope all goes well for your little one!

cvd
December 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Congrats on your healthy baby and sorry for the loss on the other. I hope you have a great Christmas now that your mind can be settled and not worrying!

rainbowflower
December 24th, 2012, 09:33 AM
sorry to hear about the other twin, but glad you have one thriving in there

the Ramzi theory didn't apply to twins, it was done with singletons

Wanting-a-girl
December 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Congrats othe healthy baby! Sorry for the loss of the twin :(

Mum23boys
December 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks ladies
dreaming / rainbow flower i didnt know that about Ramzi but i did read that most fraternal twins are Boy girl sow ould be sods law it was the girl we have lost. I also didnt know girls were stronger than boys and whether true or not ill hold onto that for some hope !! ha ha
CVD - Im ready to enjoy xmas now - yes i had to pay for the scan but now i have some peace of mind and can enjoy it not being anxious / worrying
Thanks again girls youve all been brilliant.

My next scan is the update with the EPU on Jan 4th which i could infact cancel now ive had teh private one but i think i might keep it anyway since im loosing half a days money taking the morning off work - means i get to see my baby again then after that will bethe 12 week scan on 22nd jan and then we can announce it to the world :-)

Bama Belle
December 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
So sorry about the twin but at least you have one strong little fighter. I have also heard that girls are stronger than boys.

Tiffani3
December 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Congratulations on your little bean, I'm sorry about the twin hope your ok xx

sugarNspice
December 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
so glad to hear that your bean is okay! I'm sorry about the other twin. Looks like a great u/s photo--very clear.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ramzi's theory--I've had two recent early u/s that showed implantation on the left, both singleton pregnancies. One turned out to be a boy (chromosomally abnormal) and one was a girl (my recent loss). Ramzi might be right more than 50% of the time, but if so, I bet it's not a lot more than 50% of the time.

You had a great sway, and might well have had GG twins in there at the start. Don't lose hope that you're still carrying an XX.

auroara78
December 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
congrats on the 1 healthy twin...sorry to hear the sibling didnt make it

Violet_
December 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I've been thinking of you hun and came in to check how things went. So relieved that you have a healthy baby and that it is developing exactly as it should. Right on from your ovulation dates is a great sign. So sorry about your other bub. Must be hard. But concentrating on your healthy bub will get you through and yes, vanishing twin syndrome is very common.

Pangea
December 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that you have a healthy baby. Sorry that the other baby didn't make it. I have definitely heard that boys are more likely to miscarry so I think that there is a good chance that you have a little girl in there.

Justjessica
December 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'm so pleased for you that one of the babies is healthy. I'm sorry about the second one. Fingers crossed for a pink bean.

fairyfrog
December 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks ladies
dreaming / rainbow flower i didnt know that about Ramzi but i did read that most fraternal twins are Boy girl sow ould be sods law it was the girl we have lost. I also didnt know girls were stronger than boys and whether true or not ill hold onto that for some hope !! ha ha
CVD - Im ready to enjoy xmas now - yes i had to pay for the scan but now i have some peace of mind and can enjoy it not being anxious / worrying
Thanks again girls youve all been brilliant.

My next scan is the update with the EPU on Jan 4th which i could infact cancel now ive had teh private one but i think i might keep it anyway since im loosing half a days money taking the morning off work - means i get to see my baby again then after that will bethe 12 week scan on 22nd jan and then we can announce it to the world :-)

Merry Christmas! Yay for peace of mind. Congrats on your healthy baby and hoping its a girl. So sorry for the lost twin.

Cinss
December 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
This is great news! Im so happy that your pregnancy will continue :) It is unfortunate about the twin that didn't thrive but like you said you could have come back with nothing, so that is a really a good outcome.

LO123
December 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
So good to hear that one of the babies is doing well. I am so sorry about the second one. I am sure it is still a hard time but also a happy one. Take care of yourself and try not to think about gender now. I know a lot easier said than done.

Mbmk
December 26th, 2012, 02:11 AM
So sorry to hear both twins didn't make it. I'm very happy that one is healthy though :) I also don't think Ramzi applies to twins and even if it did it wouldn't be where the sac is, it is more to do where the placenta/yolk sac is attaching - if that is the case your little one is more central so not swaying boy or girl either way ;)

xx

Mum23boys
December 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks ladies finding it harder today for some reason. I dont know if its just sunk in or if it was that i saw some gorgeous twins today that set me off thinking "what if" ..... I really wish things were different but know I need to be thankful for what we do have.

3boys
December 27th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Congratulations on your healthy little bean and so sorry you lost the other baby. X

Mum23boys
December 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks 3boys - how you doing ? Im having a tough day today - seems to be alot of twin related stuff where ever i look at the moment and i thought i was ok with 1 and i know i should be grateful i have 1 healthy baby at the moment but i just cant help feeling sad that ill never have the twins ive always dreamed of. Am just so gutted and cant talk to hubby about it as he doesnt understand and is more than pleased with just 1. Just wish i could shake the feeling. Got my midwife booking in in a couple of hours time so no doubt going to be lots of questions about it then just to make it worse. Grrrrr

EmmyRoo
December 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Oh mum23 I'm sorry you lost your twin. :hugs: I hope the midwife appt went well, and I'm sure your little baby is healthy and thriving in there. Nature works in mysterious ways but it usually has a good reason for what it does, iykwim? :fx: for a healthy pink bean! And merry belated Christmas! X

maybeoneday
December 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hi I just wanted to say I totally understand what you are going through. I was referred to the epu at 6 weeks as had bleeding. They found one baby and one empty sac that had started to bleed. I went back one week later to find the empty sac had collapsed and was now just blood in my uterus and one healthy baby with a heartbeat. I have been bleeding ever since as I am slowly losing the blood in my uterus but hopefully the baby is still ok.

I have my 12 week scan on 21st jan but might try and move it to the 19th as working that day!

I can't help feeling that it is my girl that I have lost and boy number 3 that I am carrying. Time will tell I suppose!!

elle82
December 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Congrats on your healthy baby hun xxx So sorry about the twin you lost, hope you're ok :hugs:

There's a great chance you are expecting a little girl :HH: Fingers crossed for you xxxx

Mum23boys
December 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks Elle - good to have you back hunny have missed you. xxx