PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh... the "what ifs"

ejk741
December 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Ever since I found out DD was a girl, I knew I wanted to do HT for a boy. I have always desperately wanted a son. Every time I find out one of my friends are having a boy (which of course they all are), I reassure myself that soon I will make sure that I get my own baby boy. Then I started thinking about if it doesn't work! Will I ever get over this? Or will this be something that I have to deal with forever? I am far too scared to try naturally for a boy. I feel like the GD would be overwhelming if I had a second DD.

I have used the fact that I will be doing HT make me feel better now. I guess I am just scared if it doesn't work... how will I ever be able to cope?

Claire33
December 26th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I know what you mean, the one main reason for being afraid of going HT is how I'll handle the disappointment if it doesn't work. Scary! GL to you at least :)

atomic sagebrush
December 26th, 2012, 09:22 AM
It can get better over time even if you don't get your DG. I was doing better with GD before I ever got DD and even thought quite seriously over swaying for a 5th boy instead.

6boysneedasis
December 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm here at the minute! What if I carry on ttc for a girl and I have a 6th boy (7 with our boy in heaven) and my GD drives me into a really bad place. Also what if we get our DG because of all the changes that have happened since DS 6 like all of the weight I've lost and diet changes but I'm too scared of my GD to keep trying??
What if???????