PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting morning sickness already?

Northern_Shutterbug
December 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
With both boys I didn't get anything, perhaps a bit if a wobbly tummy with DS2 for 4-5 days before AF, but nothing else.

This time I've been feeling quite sick from 7dpo. When I burst into tears for nothing that day I knew I was pregnant, coupled with the queasiness, so did a test.

Today I managed to cook a whole buffet with no problem but when it came to cleaning up the smell from a tray which had been used to cook sausages had me very close to throwing up! The smell when I unloaded the dishwasher also had me gagging. I'm still only 12dpo and AF would be due tomorrow, so am only 3+5!

I'd like to think its because its a girl but I'm already sure it's another boy.

Mum23boys
December 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
YAY Firstly congrats :-) My ms with all 3 boys was pretty tame and this time around from about 6 weeks has been horrid - ive felt sick 24-7 but think that was because i was having twins - sice we lost 1 ive felt perfectly normal again which has me worrying that something has happened to the other 1 too.
I really hope its a girly sign for you but i think every pregnancy can be different regardless of the sex of the baby

nuthinbutpink
December 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I didn't see your BFP! Congrats!

Northern_Shutterbug
December 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you both. Still very early days - 3weeks 5days! Seems like September is an age away!

WantingPink
December 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
So far I haven't had much. I am 6 weeks 1 day and I would expect more by now. I have felt bad on and off and usually just need to eat a little something but so far it hasn't been anything like my first two (who I was sick morning, noon, and night with until 7 months!!)

Northern_Shutterbug
December 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mines completely stopped now. Only difference I have now is that I prefer savoury over sweet and I'm not snacking between breakfast and lunch, both very unusual for me!

WantingPink
January 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
So I think I have noticed something about my MS this time. Seems like I get ill the day after I have had anything junky to eat. Since I got my BFP this time I have been eating only good protein (eggs, organic chicken, organic 100% grass fed beef), low starch veggies (no potatoes, corn), and a little fruit. If I have anything other than that (I had some left over christmas goodies) I get MS the next day. This has happened to me 3 times now!! Usually I am very very ill for several months with my PG but I ate horrible also. Just something I noticed and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing or knows why this might be?? I am still very early (6 weeks 4 days) so I will have to see how long this lasts.

Northern_Shutterbug
January 2nd, 2013, 05:20 AM
WantingPink - have you been strict on the LE diet, that may have something to do with it.

I didn't do the LE diet, so was eating all sorts. I'm eating healthier now and it just seems to be with really sweet things that make me feel sick. I made a sweet potato and lentil soup, proper superfood, and fresh soda bread, but just couldn't eat it - just tasting it I felt sick.

I'm hoping that I can start sticking to 1800 calories a day and that way not pile on the pounds like I did with the boys. Today I'm actually going to be at only 1100 calories but I feel like I'm eating loads! I've had porridge for breakfast with a handful of almonds, having jacket potato with a three bean salad for lunch, and beef chow mein for dinner. I'm absolutely determined to eat right this time!

WantingPink
January 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
WantingPink - have you been strict on the LE diet, that may have something to do with it.

I didn't do the LE diet, so was eating all sorts. I'm eating healthier now and it just seems to be with really sweet things that make me feel sick. I made a sweet potato and lentil soup, proper superfood, and fresh soda bread, but just couldn't eat it - just tasting it I felt sick.

I'm hoping that I can start sticking to 1800 calories a day and that way not pile on the pounds like I did with the boys. Today I'm actually going to be at only 1100 calories but I feel like I'm eating loads! I've had porridge for breakfast with a handful of almonds, having jacket potato with a three bean salad for lunch, and beef chow mein for dinner. I'm absolutely determined to eat right this time!

No, I wasn't on an LE diet. This baby kind of caught us off guard:) I have been eating very healthy/clean ever since I found out I was pregnant. No grains, no starches, etc. With my last PG I ate all the things they say to eat to take away MS (like soda crackers, ginger ale, toast, bagels) and they would help at the time but then I was horribly sick later on and had to keep eating these things morning, noon, and night. I ended up gaining 50 lbs with my first pregnancy and 70 lbs with my second!! So far I have been eating very little with this pregnancy (maybe 1200 cal/day would be my guess). Today I had two eggs for breakfast, brussel sprouts/quinoa/chicken for lunch, and beef stew with avocado for dinner. I have been drinking some tea and lots of water. I am hoping I won't gain a ton of weight with this pregnancy!!

meeks32
January 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
With both boys I didn't get anything, perhaps a bit if a wobbly tummy with DS2 for 4-5 days before AF, but nothing else.

This time I've been feeling quite sick from 7dpo. When I burst into tears for nothing that day I knew I was pregnant, coupled with the queasiness, so did a test.

Today I managed to cook a whole buffet with no problem but when it came to cleaning up the smell from a tray which had been used to cook sausages had me very close to throwing up! The smell when I unloaded the dishwasher also had me gagging. I'm still only 12dpo and AF would be due tomorrow, so am only 3+5!

I'd like to think its because its a girl but I'm already sure it's another boy.

Yes! With both my boys I had sickness from the moment they were conceived!

This time I woke 3 times last night feeling sick. That was the night of 11dpo.

The exact same thing happens to me re smells.

LacePrincess
January 31st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Yep, good ol' nausea has been slowly getting more noticeable over the past few days. I'm a super smeller anyways (though for now I haven't been particularly grossed out by any particular smell).

I find coffee and diet coke really knock down the puke feeling for me, even though I know neither are that healthy, LMAO. I'm hoping the B6 and B50 I'm still taking will help with the throwing up.

I'm just keeping a box of whole wheat mini crackers around and snack on a few whenever I feel nauseous in between mealtimes, and it seems to help a lot. What's different this time is that I seem to get more nauseous later in the day rather than first thing in the morning.

Thorz300
January 31st, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm actually hoping for morning sickness, I know I sound crazy to others but I've never really gotten morning sickness so I figure if I get it, It will mean girl! I know it's dumb!

Northern_Shutterbug
January 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Thankfully my morning sickness only lasted a few days! I feel sicky only very occasionally, normally in the morning before I've eaten.

Only difference I'm seeing with this pregnancy is that my skin has cleared up (I normally have a few spots) whereas with the boys it went really spotty! Hoping its a girl but I've already got that gut feeling its a boy.

Pangea
January 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
I don't have morning sickness, but it doesn't usually start until around 6 weeks for me. With the boys I had really severe morning sickness until 20 weeks. I'm hoping that I won't get it this time, I've heard of women who have had hyperemesis with boys and none with girls, even though it's usually the other way round. So I'm hoping I'm one of those women. And hopefully it's a girl!

fish2012
February 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
felt like a pille o sh*te for about 4 weeks now never had MS before and very unimpressed praying i only have a few weeks left ;-S

ps i'm find eating nothing until 10/11am and trying to eat no sugar and not too many carbs really helping.....can only drink lemonade at the minute!