PDA

View Full Version : What can I put on my pasta?

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm going to try to follow the eating the carb based low fat diet for ttc a girl. I don't mind the pasta & rice but I need to put something on it. On my rice I put cinnamon & sugar (aspartame) but on the pasta I need something else. I have no-salt garlic & herb stuff but is there any types of sauces I could do?

Also, I LOVE peanut butter. But that's nuts/fats so I'm going to do my best to steer clear of it. At any point in time would eating peanut butter be ok?

purplepoet20
April 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
You could try a yogurt sauce.... about 3 tbsp of Greek Yogurt, 1 tbsp low-fat milk or water, some herbs for favor, and a few veggies. Limit Garlic or don't use, I think it is for a boy sway. Warm it up in a small pan on very low heat and put on top of pasta.

Out of the Blue
April 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
You could use a bit of parmesan cheese to give it some flavor...Not too much though to keep your sodium levels down.

Regarding peanut butter, you could look into this stuff called PB2 (http://www.bellplantation.com/). They remove 85% of the fat cals w/out chemicals. I'm sure it's not the healthiest stuff but you're probably safe to use it when you're reaaaally needing PB. I've bought it before and the choc flavor is the best but not so good for our sway. It's a bit pricey but it definitely satisfies a PB urge. Hope this helps... GL w/your sway!

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
The FG diet allows onion soup without salt and caramel sauce. Peanut butter is a no-no. Too much salt.

Emmy2012
April 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I use a dab of no salt butter a little parm, but i track my sodium levels on fitday and I just barely meet the 700mg salt even with the parm

Coccinelle33
April 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
i have been using 2 tsp of cottage cheese, a little parm cheese, sometimes mrs. dash table blend or spicy and i make a yogurt sauce sometimes which is half a green pepper sliced thin and 1/2 cut fat free plan yogurt. the cinn and sugar on rice is a good idea. since i like mine creamy im going to add plan yogurt.

annie
April 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM
they are some good ideas i have also been strugling with what to put on it ive got a bit bored of plain rice and pasta x

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Just FYI, I have been reading the French Gender Diet forbids all cheese on the girl diet. Parmasean is really high in Sodium so please make sure you use low sodium.

nuthinbutpink
April 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Same thing with cottage cheese. Low sodium of course.

Tulips
April 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I made a pasta dish with low sodium low fat evaporated milk, green beans chicken (small amount) and homemade Mrs dash (the spicy one). That was good.

shouldihope?
April 4th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I have to say I have always eaten a lot of cheese and dairy and I have three boys. I have cut back a lot on the girl diet. I still eat low fat string cheese. I too am running out of interesting and safe girl diet foods. It is starting to get a little more challenging. I would love a big slice of pizza right now or maybe a cheeseburger. Is anyone else struggling?

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
You could use a bit of parmesan cheese to give it some flavor...Not too much though to keep your sodium levels down.

Regarding peanut butter, you could look into this stuff called PB2 (http://www.bellplantation.com/). They remove 85% of the fat cals w/out chemicals. I'm sure it's not the healthiest stuff but you're probably safe to use it when you're reaaaally needing PB. I've bought it before and the choc flavor is the best but not so good for our sway. It's a bit pricey but it definitely satisfies a PB urge. Hope this helps... GL w/your sway!

Wow that stuff is kinda interesting! It has a lot of salt and protein BUT if you are dying for a little peanut butter, it's better than the real stuff.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I have to say I have always eaten a lot of cheese and dairy and I have three boys. I have cut back a lot on the girl diet. I still eat low fat string cheese. I too am running out of interesting and safe girl diet foods. It is starting to get a little more challenging. I would love a big slice of pizza right now or maybe a cheeseburger. Is anyone else struggling?

I did too. Always ate tons of calcium and with my 4th son I was swaying and taking superhuge calcium dosages...I really do think swaying is a heck of a lot more complicated than the amount of calcium you're eating.

The girl diet is harder than @%@#% and very tough to stick to. Take it one day at a time and if you cheat now and then, don't beat yourself up too badly over it.