PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant friends

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I have 2 friends who are pregnant right now.

Friend #1 - has one DD. Looks like she could put on 10-20lbs and it would be beneficial to her since she looks like a stick. I don't think she eats much at all.

Friend #2 - has 2 DS's. She's a decent amount overweight and eats a lot of high fat foods, fast foods, lots of pop, etc.

I'm interested in seeing what genders these two have with their current pregnancies.:happy:

Zivic-Bubac
April 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Oh, I'm in!:happy:
I have 5 pg friends and 1 pg SIL lol! ( yes, everybody is pg but me :sad:)

#1 - she has 2 boys, she *believes* this one is a boy too ( I bet she's right :sad:) She is thin, oily skin, acne in the past, coffee addict ( w/milk, no sugar) and she smokes

# 2 - she is my age 38, 1 dd and this one is a girl too. Also thin, drinks lots of Coke and stress over everything. IMHO, Coke gave no chance for this one to be a boy ( they weren't swaying or anything)

# 3 - also my age ( we were in the same class) has twin boys, expecting another boy. She is overweight, but not too much, more chubby, always snacking, always laughing, very optimistic and pleasant person. She drinks coffee on daily basis, and smokes.

# 4 - ( our best man's wife) expecting 1st baby in June, it's a boy. She is well nourished , lots of hair everywhere( lol!) had ( or still has?) PCOS. This was IVF baby, no PGD of course.

# 5 - stick thin, I mean she really has to start eating, 2DDs, expecting baby in June, they don't want the gender, but everybody are guessing another girl ( OWT mostly, shape of the belly etc) They are pretty much desperate for a boy. My guess is a girl too, mostly because of my great swaying knowledge :rofl:

# SIL - expecting boy # 2. She is young, well nourished, balanced diet, nescaffee w/milk and sugar 2 times a day. For this baby I know details: ! shot after rather long abstinance ( more then 2 weeks), 3-4 days cut-off, boy biorhytm, Full Moon, male sign, Chinese: boy. They were hoping for a girl, weren't swaying.

So maybe I should start smoking :p

Kazz2011
April 5th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I have 3 pg friends atm

I have a friend who is 41 overweight, has a boy and girl and is pg with another girl.

Another friend who is 34 years old also overweight, has one girl and is also pg with another girl.

The other friend that is pg is slightly overweight, 36 years old and is pg with a boy.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM

#1 - she has 2 boys, she *believes* this one is a boy too ( I bet she's right :sad:) She is thin, oily skin, acne in the past, coffee addict ( w/milk, no sugar) and she smokes

# 2 - she is my age 38, 1 dd and this one is a girl too. Also thin, drinks lots of Coke and stress over everything. IMHO, Coke gave no chance for this one to be a boy ( they weren't swaying or anything)

# 3 - also my age ( we were in the same class) has twin boys, expecting another boy. She is overweight, but not too much, more chubby, always snacking, always laughing, very optimistic and pleasant person. She drinks coffee on daily basis, and smokes.

# 4 - ( our best man's wife) expecting 1st baby in June, it's a boy. She is well nourished , lots of hair everywhere( lol!) had ( or still has?) PCOS. This was IVF baby, no PGD of course.

# 5 - stick thin, I mean she really has to start eating, 2DDs, expecting baby in June, they don't want the gender, but everybody are guessing another girl ( OWT mostly, shape of the belly etc) They are pretty much desperate for a boy. My guess is a girl too, mostly because of my great swaying knowledge :rofl:

# SIL - expecting boy # 2. She is young, well nourished, balanced diet, nescaffee w/milk and sugar 2 times a day. For this baby I know details: ! shot after rather long abstinance ( more then 2 weeks), 3-4 days cut-off, boy biorhytm, Full Moon, male sign, Chinese: boy. They were hoping for a girl, weren't swaying.

So maybe I should start smoking :p

I know you're kidding but DON'T start smoking! That's one thing that has been proven to make more girls than boys (even though boys are still born to smokers!)

DoulaMama
April 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I have 1 pregnant friend and 1 that just recently gave birth to a little boy.

I really thought that the one that just had a boy, would actually have a girl. She went on a very restrictive diet, lost weight(no exercise-just diet). I would guess her Ph went up so that might be the reason she got her boy....

With my close friend(pg) she has 1 girl. Due in the Fall with what I think is a boy. She gained some weight, has been very stressed these past few months(right before TTC), did the deed on O day and a few days before-that's it. I just have a feeling it's BLUE:) We'll see:)

praying4princess
April 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
There were 6 of us pregnant at work when I was preg with my last son, 1 being my best friend, got the girl she wanted SOMEHOW!....she is overweight (over 200), she loves casserole type foods, not big on sweets and mostly drank sweet tea, BUT she got yeast infections every time the wind blew!! Im thinking that played some part with her pH, and her DH mostly consumes sweets and coke! I know she didnt pay much attention to timing, just DTD when she knew it was O time! And she was a big yo yo dieter but still mostly eating the normal foods just cutting back and alot of salad.

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
two of my neighbors have all girls.... 6 total.

Lady #1 hates garlic (very odd Italian lady), eat mostly tv dinners and high cal/fat dinners, doesn't eat in the morning until noon, but drinks diet soda all day like 12-18 cans and both parents smoke. 4 girls!!!

Lady #2 eats like a bird lots of dairy and vegan meals... both her and hubby are underweight and exercise like they have to loose more. 2 girls!!!

Another neighbor has 6 kids... 5 boys. She was praying for a girl but never tried anything but eating less calories. They eat mostly Kraft Mac and Cheese, cereals, fast food, but I don't know about drinks. 3mths after boy #5 was born hubby got cut saying no more kids... he was to late because she had gotten prego right around that time and guess what it was girl. Maybe she got pregnant within the 2wks after the hubby got cut but they have a girl now. I am upset with this lady she didn't deserve a girl, not jealous pissed at her actions... She treats her boys like crap. The daughter was born on DS5's 1st birthday the party was canceled and the poor lil boy didn't get his cake. On the now shared birthday (DS5 and the girl) only the lil girl got a cake with her name and the boy got a peice of it, not even his own cake. But he did get a few hotwheels and the girl got a load of gifts. DS5 is now 3 and girl is now 2 and still the girl gets the party/cake/gifts and the boy only gets a slice/small toy... The boys come to my house every evening for otterpops and cookies, while mom plays with girl at her house, I have never seen her play with the boys. Sorry way off topic.

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 12:50 PM
There were 6 of us pregnant at work when I was preg with my last son, 1 being my best friend, got the girl she wanted SOMEHOW!....she is overweight (over 200), she loves casserole type foods, not big on sweets and mostly drank sweet tea, BUT she got yeast infections every time the wind blew!! Im thinking that played some part with her pH, and her DH mostly consumes sweets and coke! I know she didnt pay much attention to timing, just DTD when she knew it was O time! And she was a big yo yo dieter but still mostly eating the normal foods just cutting back and alot of salad.

People who get yeast infections tend to have girls.... not sure if it is the infection or the treatment!!!

praying4princess
April 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thats what I figured caused her to get lucky, because she is totally not a girl eater!! Shes a meat and potatoes girl, or well I guess a "casserole" girl! Lol Darn lucky yeast infections!!! Ha!! I got them terribly when I had my IUD, and my doctor said I needed to get acid vaginal suppositories....hmm wonder why acid though, if its all the acidity causing the infection?? Never understood that!

JustKim
April 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM
My best friend just had her first - a boy. She is overweight and never watches what she eats. She told me that she knew she was ovulating so they dtd that night. Worked like a charm apparently...

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Here, this explains about yeast infections - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?465-complete-guide-to-swaying-and-yeast-infections&highlight=yeast+infections

Obviously there are a lot of different factors at play but I really think it boils down to less fertile people have more girls and more fertile people have more boys. So you can eat straight off the girl diet if you are super fertile and still have boys, and vice versa.

I don't have a ton of IRL friends but the ones I do have, one is VERY thin and has 4 boys, but she is recovering from an eating disorder so I think her body sees very thin as an improvement over what she used to weigh. (Hmmm...I know someone from IG who had the exact same thing going on...that is weird.)

Two are chubby and have all girls, one 3 girls and one 6 girls. The one with 3 girls, her husband drinks energy drinks all day long.

I also know/knew several women from a Seventh-Day Adventist school who are vegetarians and they have all girls EXCEPT for the minister's wife, who had 2 boys and a girl (high testosterone from being the minister's wife???)

Glittergirl
April 8th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I have been observing other mom's body types lately too LOL! Here's something I've noticed....2 moms at my kids school have 3 girls each and both are chubby, not fat but not fit either. In soccer one mom is EXTREMELY thin (she probably weighs 100 pounds if that) and fit, she runs marathons and her body type doesn't seem to be the type that weight trains, just cardio and she has all boys, then there is this over weight mom with all girls. I've also noticed men with male pattern baldness or thinning hair have all girls. I wish it was just black and white but the characteristics don't always match! then my SIL has two girls, two diff dads and she drinks coffee A LOT, SALTS everything loves fruits and veggies and has a regular body type not skinny, not fat! Go Figure!

Zivic-Bubac
June 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM

# 5 - stick thin, I mean she really has to start eating, 2DDs, expecting baby in June, they don't want the gender, but everybody are guessing another girl ( OWT mostly, shape of the belly etc) They are pretty much desperate for a boy. My guess is a girl too, mostly because of my great swaying knowledge :rofl: She got her baby boy 3 days ago. I was wrong.

So out of 6 pregnancies, 5 boys and only 1 girl which (of course) makes me think there wouldn't be any boys left for me and I'm going to be one with bad luck and end up with another girl :sad: It can't be that many boys in a row, probably statistically impossible or something :sad:

I feel really down and sad since I've hard she had a boy. GD is hitting again :tissue:

zanacal
June 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hugs Zivic x

I feel down reading this thread! I believe we're very fertile (certainly never had any problems getting pregnant!), we don't smoke, my husband isn't thinning on the top .... So many overweight or slightly overweight mums having girls but not me!

I don't have any close friends who are pregnant but I do try to guess what gender a stranger would have - swaysessed for sure!

Out of the Blue
June 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hugs Zivic x

I feel down reading this thread! I believe we're very fertile (certainly never had any problems getting pregnant!), we don't smoke, my husband isn't thinning on the top .... So many overweight or slightly overweight mums having girls but not me!

I don't have any close friends who are pregnant but I do try to guess what gender a stranger would have - swaysessed for sure!

Lol, zanacal...I'm completely swaysessed! I always make note of the other mamas and their kiddos when I'm out...I can't help it!

Zivic, I completely know how you feel...for both of my pregancies, all the other women I knew who were preggers had girls and I was the only boy Mom. All we can do is give it our best shot and try to make peace with our sways...If I have 3 boys, I'm pretty sure I'll always have GD unfortunately. At least we've got this site w/other Mamas like us to help curb the sadness a little. Sending you lots and lots of XXX and BLUE DUST!

Zivic-Bubac
June 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Lol, zanacal...I'm completely swaysessed! I always make note of the other mamas and their kiddos when I'm out...I can't help it!

Zivic, I completely know how you feel...for both of my pregancies, all the other women I knew who were preggers had girls and I was the only boy Mom. All we can do is give it our best shot and try to make peace with our sways...If I have 3 boys, I'm pretty sure I'll always have GD unfortunately. At least we've got this site w/other Mamas like us to help curb the sadness a little. Sending you lots and lots of XXX and BLUE DUST!

Hugs Zivic x

Awww, thank you guys, you're great! :awe: Sending you all my pink dust!!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 08:44 AM
She got her baby boy 3 days ago. I was wrong.

So out of 6 pregnancies, 5 boys and only 1 girl which (of course) makes me think there wouldn't be any boys left for me and I'm going to be one with bad luck and end up with another girl :sad: It can't be that many boys in a row, probably statistically impossible or something :sad:

I feel really down and sad since I've hard she had a boy. GD is hitting again :tissue:

I'm sorry Z! FWIW I have seen a lot of long runs of one gender in a row and I don't think it diminishes your chances at all. For awhile there everyone was having girls but now everyone is having boys and these are women I know from a lot of different places, over the last several months. Our brains just look for patterns and sometimes find them where there really aren't any to be found.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hugs Zivic x

Don't feel down! You have just as good a shot as anyone!!

A lot of moms with all girls have no trouble getting pg either, it's all about what your body "thinks" is best and if your fertility is just a bit lower, you're more likely to have girls. The good news is, you can reduce your fertility by dieting, losing some weight, and having your husband lower his sperm numbers.