PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new to GD, planning to sway pink

Mummyx2
December 28th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi I've just joined GD and I thought I would introduce myself :happy: I have a gorgeous husband who is probably sick to death of listening to me talk about swaying pink :hair: ( so far he hasnt said much & seems reasonably happy to listen and go along with it all because he knows how important ttc a girl is to me) i have 2 beautiful boys aged 8 & 5, my youngest is going to school in the new year :nails: = me! Haha

I plan to start the " low everything " diet on the 1st of Jan & aim ttc on towards the end of Feb (. 8 weeks on this diet will be a long time for me) I usually eat every 3 hours and eat a lot of egg whites, chicken & red meat. I absolutely love breakfast so skipping breakfast & cutting protein will be a huge challenge! I'm temping now & using opk I plan to do this for the next 2 months however I'm not sure how accurate this will be as I've just come off the pill after being on it for 1 year. I've ordered crystal light and a ph tester and will DTD with a 3 day cut off.

I'm hoping that there is someone else planing ttc pink around the same dates :) :cheerteam:

Butterfly Spirit
December 28th, 2012, 12:43 AM

Mummyx2
December 28th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Ohh & I forgot to add I'm taking cranberry, vitex,magnesium,vit c, calcium, folic acid & sudafed around o & My husband is taking licence root & cranberry calcium and magnesium. I've decided to stay away from coke zero/ sprite zero as I was drinking lots when we conceived our boys. ill just drink the caffeine free crystal light, peppermint tea and the light sea spray cranberry juice... So much for an introduction I think it has turned into a novel! I'd love to hear what everyone else's pink plans are :ttcgirl:

Cinss
December 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Welcome, goodluck!

Dollydot
December 28th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Hi my dear, me to ttc end of Feb started LE diet yesterday my body is in shock... Also started vitex saw palmetto and fiber powder. Warning crystal light is sooo bad but going to make myself drink it near the time, also was drinking lots of diet coke with both boys.

Mummyx2
December 28th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hi dollydot :bigsmile:
It's great to find someone else that is ttc around the same time. How old are your boys? How does ur partner feel about the sway? I'm nervous about the diet, what are your staple foods? I've found cheese, yogurt, rice cakes, crackers & pita bread that are low in sodium .. So much planning!! I rarely drink diet coke now because of the aspartame I avoid all foods that contain it so its a bit frightening to start drinking litres of the crystal light, hopefully it will only be for a short time!! keep up the good work with the diet, I will be joining you soon :happy:

Cagirl09
December 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Mummy x2.
I'm on the same timeline as you, starting a very similar diet on Jan. 1 to hopefully begin my pink sway when I O in early March. I'm still working out the details of my sway, but what I have decided on is

LE, exercise 6-7 times a week with minimal strength training.
Sups: crystal light, diet cokes, calc, mag, folic acid, baby aspirin, saw palmetto, peppermint tea, Zyrtec around O
I may use refresh, but I think I will decide that more when I see my ph.
Dh: will take, calc, mag, baby aspirin, and is on propecia although not for the sway.
We will keep a 2 to 3 day cut off for a few months, but if I don't get pergola after that ill move closer to O.

Good luck to you! Hope we get our baby girls!

Mummyx2
December 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hi Cagirl09 :highfive:
That is a great pink sway plan!! I'm not going to do the cardio because I normally exercise about 4 times per week & on those days I'm like a hungry wolf :(. I eat so much more than on the days i don't exercise & i will be more likely 2 cheat on the diet!! I also get very low blood sugar the shakes n extremely moody if I don't eat regularly so I think exercising will make me worse!!

I plan to use lime if my ph is not between 4-4.5. I agree with you about moving closer to o if not preg in a couple of cycles, I just know I won't be able to do the diet for months & months .. I love my food too much & I don't want to loose too much weight( a little would be nice :happy:)

Great to find some ladies on the same timeline :cheerteam:

Dollydot
December 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yep DH thinks i am mad, but is going along with it bless, but every now and then tells me it's 50/50 then i do go mad.. I became an dream member today which is helping with diet, eating lots of veggies with rice as this fulls me up. Tonight has been hard as it's Friday night and missing my glass of red. I have 3y8month old and 2 year old both boys this is my last, praying for a girl. my sway... planning to do 0+12 and use aci jel Zyrtec if no luck probably drop the 0+12, funny how it's hard to get the timing thing out of your head. If i come across any good foods for the diet will pass them on to you ladies..

Mummyx2
December 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Sounds like you are doing very well with the diet!! I will miss food more than alcohol.. It's funny how we become so routine with some things, for me it's takeaway on a Sunday! I noticed there is a weight watchers low sodium pasta sauce that you can get in the uk.. Might be nice for a treat?! I think you can have small amounts of cooked tomatoes?! It's my first morning of skipping breakfast & it's almost 11am & I'm starving!! Going to eat some rice bubbles @ 12 ish .. I'm pretty sure I will need to have three meals per day rather than two.. Im going to try eating @ 12, 5 & something small in the evening .. So much to think about!!! :happy:Have a great day :happy:

amk2013
December 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi! I am planning on TTC the same time as you :) Also plan on starting the diet Jan 1 (or at least an abbreviated version - low fat/low protein - can't lose any weight or I won't ovulate). Been taking calcium & magnesium the last few weeks (but I think the wrong calcium :( is it suppose to be calcium carbonate or calcium citrate? i just switched to calcium citrate). I also just started on baby aspirin & am looking for vitex. Where did you find it? Also taking folic acid. My DH just started on aspirin last night and we are wondering if he should/could take cranberry as well. I asked the ? but no reply yet. I know it's a no-no for women. I am also planning on him taking LR the two weeks from AF-O. However, other than a supplement or two, I can not get him on board with anything else - he thinks I'm nuts as it is ;) but is trying to be a good sport. Also may take clomid, but not sure. I know it is suppose to sway pink, but still makes me nervous. Raising testosterone doesn't sound good either - with my luck I'll end up with twin boys ;) lol. However, I may not be able to get preggo w/o it though. I got litmus paper to check pH - we are both high (maybe why we have two boys!). But, I just read yesterday that it may not even matter much in a sway? Love to see other's sway plans and compare :) Always up for new ideas! Blowing some pink baby dust your way!!!

Cagirl09
December 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Mummyx2 and amk 2013, it is so fun that we are all on the same timeline, and yes there is so much to think about. I was going back and forth between doing the hardcore exercise or the no exercise and ultimately went with the hardcore one because I am fairly active with my son as it is. I do worry that it will make it harder on the diet, but I think to cope I will just eat a few more calories on those days. I also can't afford to lose too much weight as I am already on the low end of normal for bmi and I don't want to stop O! I am considering joining the dream membership for more recipes and what not as I also love eating and will likely feel quite deprived on the diet! It would be great if we could continue to share recipes and ideas!

amk2013
December 29th, 2012, 03:35 PM
@cagirl09 - I am thinking of joining as well. Not sure if I can do this without more ideas, haha!

Mummyx2
December 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hi ladies :)
I was asking the same same question as you amk2013 carbonate or citrate?! From what I can see citrate is recommended but the more research I did the more confused I became........... i have copied and pasted this from another thread in March this year) this was posted by atomic sagebrush who is the moderator GD she has 4 boys and her last bub was a girl she did not take cal& mag.......He is the case against cal-mag. the calcium conundrum - CONTROVERSIAL On the last couple pages of the discussion following part 3, nicoler went back to the IG spreadsheet and added up people who took cal-mag vs. people who didn't and found that there were actually more successes among the group that did NOT take the cal-mag - by something like 10%!! We are also getting equal or better success rate to IG, with the LE swayers who are not taking cal-mag. It just can't be the cal-mag....... This has got me thinking!!! Taking a supp like cal& mag does contradict what we are doing on the LE diet.. Love to hear your thoughts!

You can get vitex from the pharmacy near the folate :) I'm going to take saw palmetto ( to lower testosterone ) I read a thread about a lady who while did not look masculine or have excess hair (lol that is the image I get when I think about a lady with high levels of testosterone) but had the ability to build muscle and was a bit obsessive and competitive, this sounds like me ! She had her testosterone levels checked and they were higher than av so I figure by taking saw palmetto I'm covering all bases :) our ph = very high aswell!! no wonder its boys all round!! :XX:I have been looking at sodium content of the food we consume regularly & I m shocked! The cheese I give my boys have x2 sodium than other brands.. It has been an eye opener!! I'm considering making my own bread as I can't find any low sodium white bread. I don't want to eat a healthy bread as it defeats the purpose of the LE diet ... Happy researching ladies if I find anything interesting I will be sure to share with you

amk2013
December 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
So everything I thought was suppose to be "girl friendly", and others do and swear by, I am finding is really probably not even helpful in swaying! What!? Seriously, so now cal/mag don't help, and ph doesn't really matter, nor does timing... What DOES for real? Anything? Diet only? Because if diet is all I can really count on to sway, I am screwed, cause I seriously can not do the diet :( not a chance in hell I will get pregnant at all. I can eat low fat and low protein and watch certain things, but I have a feeling that won't be enough. Maybe I should gain 20lbs, then do the diet and ttc :) hehe. I like to feel like I have at least some control, weather it works or not, but I'm startling to wonder what I really should be doing/not doing. Thanks for listening to my vent ;) off to do more research...

Mummyx2
December 30th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I'm the same it's so confusing!! I believe in the timing & ph also not going to the bathroom straight after( something I always do) as apparently u tend to wee out the girl sperm. I'm terrible when it comes to dieting!! Can't stick to it & I'm not someone who can go hungry!! I'm going to write a 4 day meal plan that I will rotate I think I will have the best chance at success. i will need to consume 1200 calories per day for 6 weeks to lose 2.7 kg... ( I hope that is enough) I'm willing to give the low everything diet a go because I usually eat lots of fruit& veggies whole grains I would never normally eat white bread so this is a big change from when we conceived our boys!! I'm not really a big dairy eater so I will include lots more dairy in the meal plan .. Still not sure on cal& mag supps, what u thinking? R u in Australia if so ill share the brands of staple foods I've found to be low in sodium

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
No, I am in the US - Washington state. I think I am going to do the mag/calcium - even if they don't do much (makes me feel better, lol. Do you know if DH can take aspirin AND cranberry daily? I know they are both blood thinners somewhat and women shouldn't take them bother, but is it ok for the men? I have tried to find that and haven't yet.
So, I am revising my plan:
TTC after this next full cycle (should start AF in next 5 days)...my cycles are approx 40-45 days long. So mid Feb.
My plan...
Me:
Take calcium citrate, magnesium, folic acid daily (and maybe fiber, too?).
Take aspirin every 2-3 days.
Vitex from AF-O (if I can find it)... and should I take Saw Palmetto, too?
Start diet Jan 1st (low fat, low protein, vegetarian-like), then more complete LE diet starting 2-3 weeks prior to TTC.
Stop Vitex & Saw Palmetto at AF with next cycle - Start Clomid days 4-8.
Rephresh 2-3 days prior to O.

DH:
Take aspirin daily
Take low-dose cranberry daily (since I'm not sure if he should be doing both yet).
LR AF-O the month TTC.
FR, then BD x2 when +OPK.

Too much? Not enough? What am I missing?
What's your plan!?

Dollydot
December 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
amk2013 that looks really good to me. I started saw palmetto 3 weeks its really chilling me out, love the stuff...

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM
what dose of saw palmetto do you take @dollydot? I found it in 160mg & 450mg tabs and got the 450, but I think that's too high?

fairyfrog
December 30th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I am also taking Saw palmetto @ 450. I hope that is not to high. It has really mellowed me out. I have not had ferning in any of my saliva or cm...I have only been on it half a month. I went from ferning everyday to no ferning. I am also taking vitex. I was worried that I wouldn't ovulate but I did and right on time to.

Mummyx2
December 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi amk2013, Your plan looks great well thought out :) I'm not sure on the cranberry and aspirin for dh? I googled it as far as I can see people are taking both it But maybe start a thread ?! I'm sure there is lots of ladies here that would know :) i found a thread about taking vitex and saw palmetto, atomic sagebrush says that she believes it is ok to take both as many people Are doing it ?! .. This morning I realised my attempt may be over before it even started!! I came off the pill last month & had a period ( as expected)!& have been charting my temp on cd 10 my temp elevated and has remained elevated when I looked at the fertility chart it's telling me I ovulated Cd9 & we DTD on the 25 th C8 ( boy zone) lol .... I have been using the opk since cd10 but considering I may have o on cd9 it's no wonder I'm getting negatives .. I wouldn't have thought I would ovulate so quickly after coming off the pill!!! So now I'm in limbo do I start the diet or wait? I'm not taking any supps except folic acid .. The craziness has began :) Goodluck with starting the diet on the 1st :) x

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hi amk2013, Your plan looks great well thought out :) I'm not sure on the cranberry and aspirin for dh? I googled it as far as I can see people are taking both it But maybe start a thread ?! I'm sure there is lots of ladies here that would know :) i found a thread about taking vitex and saw palmetto, atomic sagebrush says that she believes it is ok to take both as many people Are doing it ?! .. This morning I realised my attempt may be over before it even started!! I came off the pill last month & had a period ( as expected)!& have been charting my temp on cd 10 my temp elevated and has remained elevated when I looked at the fertility chart it's telling me I ovulated Cd9 & we DTD on the 25 th C8 ( boy zone) lol .... I have been using the opk since cd10 but considering I may have o on cd9 it's no wonder I'm getting negatives .. I wouldn't have thought I would ovulate so quickly after coming off the pill!!! So now I'm in limbo do I start the diet or wait? I'm not taking any supps except folic acid .. The craziness has began :) Goodluck with starting the diet on the 1st :) x

Oh no! Yup, that's how I got preggo with both my children - first month off the pill. You have that rebound ovulation. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! When will you be able to test!?
Yeah, I am wondering if the cal/mag is even worth it. My friend (who swayed successfully for two girls after two boys), swore by only that and timing (basically anyway)... she swears it's all shettles timing and cal/mag. So that's what I started on. Now that I'm doing all this research I'm starting to wonder. I read atomic's essay and I have my doubts now... what if it sways me the other way, lol! I'm raising my testosterone as I'm typing this, hahah.

Mummyx2
December 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Haha!! I think your talking me into the calcium & magnesium :) two of my sisters neighbours both have 2 boys both had a girl following shettles method ( Ill have to find out if they took calcium& mag) I'm 5 day past when ovulation may have occurred ( fingers crossed it didn't!) so maybe ill be able to test in 1 week .. . If it is positive it will be meant to be that is for sure! No wine for me tonight to bring in the new year :) r u drinking crystal light that is meant 2 be good for lowering ph :) x

amk2013
December 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM
hahah, yes, I've been drinking crystal light for the last 4 years - usually 64oz/day (I can't drink plain water, so need some flavor to stay hydrated) :) I think I must be immune to it by now, lol. My pH is still high.

Dollydot
December 31st, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hi girl, I am taking 320mg saw palmetto standardized, i think i saw standardized is recommend got them on amazon. Also taking vitex with saw palmetto and ovulated yesterday bit later than normal...

NeedGrace
December 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hi ladies. I'm hoping to be on the same time line too. Started the diet more strictly today & hoping to start ttc in March. I actually came in under my daily quotas & felt like I had plenty to eat & good variety. There's a thread somewhere where people have been writing what they eat to help each other with ideas & stay committed themselves. That would be great to have one for those of us starting out together. I joined the dream member section & got a plan from Atomic. She is awesome! and has been so helpful. I'm still fine tuning a few aspects of my plan. I haven't got the supps yet except for vitex & vit C. I'm still BF'ing 15mo so not taking saw palmetto or baby aspirin or cranberry. Also not doing cal/mag but undecided about intense exercise or none at all. Amk2013 I'm also at the lower side of normal for BMI & can't afford to lose any weight. I'm not sure how this will affect my sway. I have aspects of PCOS but not full blown syndrome so my doctor wasn't too concerned about investigating :shrug:I've heard others in similar situation have used Clomid. I don't want to wean DS3 just yet so we'll see... Mummyx2 :fingers: you have a pink bean if you are pregnant & if not, looking forward to sharing ideas.

amk2013
December 31st, 2012, 12:51 PM
anyone take BOTH vitex and saw palmetto? I am taking the saw palmetto back to get the smaller dosage - I can get 160mg tabs vs. 450 & just take two/day. Also want to get vitex today since I am expecting AF in the next couple days. There is a big selection of Vitex as well though. Any recommendations? And I am only planning on taking them each for two weeks this next cycle, before I start clomid.
@Dollydot - what kind of vitex do you take? is there a dosage, or just follow the bottle recommendations?
@NeedGrace - welcome to our group :) I just wanted to say - be careful with the diet if you still really want to breastfeed. Your child will be getting less nutrition and you will lose your milk rather quickly. No one should diet while BF ;) IF you want to continue nursing for awhile. I assume your 15-mo-old is getting a lot of other food and nutrition though anyway :)

Dollydot
December 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hi i am taking vitex Agnus castus 400mg morning and night, AS recommend Nature's way as she used it when she conceived her DD. Happy New year girls, hope and pray lots of pink for us all in 2013.......

amk2013
December 31st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks, happy new year!!!

Mummyx2
December 31st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Happy new year ladies!! fingers crossed for lots of pink this year :) :ballerina:

NeedGrace
December 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Happy New Year ladies!! Hoping & praying for pink for us all in 2013 too :HH:
Thanks for the welcome amk2013. So glad to have found a group of us swaying together. Thanks too for the tips. I am actually contemplating weaning DS3. Still undecided... but he's a typical boy lol It's more a comfort thing than for that much nutrition. If my milk dried up he'd probably self-wean anyway. ATM he's an all night feeder which is why my AF hasn't come back so I'm going to stop that. I can't keep doing it anyway. 15 months with little sleep is doing my head in! I'm still cautious with the Vitex because I'm BF'ing although I know others have taken it while BF'ing & because I'm on Zoloft. The Zoloft has done wonders for chilling me out. My anxiety was a bit out of control before I started it. I will be weaning off it before our first attempt too but it's definitely helping me not to obsess in the meantime. by the way I have the same dose Vitex as Dollydot. I'm so excited about 2013:bighug:

Dollydot
January 1st, 2013, 03:11 AM
Hi all, hope you all had a good new year, got a good feeling for us in 2013. Good luck to those starting the diet today, i'm doing ok but can't go without breakfast, will try near the time... NeedGrace well done with the feeding 15 months is amazing and remember lack of sleep sways pink. Can i ask what is Zoloft?

NeedGrace
January 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks Dollydot! If only lack of sleep was all I needed to do I'd be set! I'd get my girl for sure :wink: Zoloft is an anti-anxiety/antidepressant med. it's really helping me! I'm normally a very anxious person but I do feel much more balanced lately which I'm lead to believe sways pink (bonus!) Did you start the diet today?

amk2013
January 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
@NeedGrace. I took Zoloft for anxiety as well, for a short time. It really helped! I weaned off it a couple months ago though since wanting to conceive. We're gonna need to be extra chill in TTC pink too...too bad can't keep taking it for that reason, haha. And way to go 15 months with your boy! The first I weaned at 7months since I wanted to get pregnant again (still didn't help anyway), and the second gave up on me at 11 months...I was a little sad :( but it's a little easier when you know it's not your last. After this next one, since it will be the last, I am going to make him/her nurse until they're 10 (j/k, not really). :)
So, I'm starting my diet today... it's only 8am. I've been up for only an hour and am sooo hungry! I think more so just because I know I can't have breakfast, haha. I am hoping my grape crystal light will pretend to fill me up in the mean-time ;)
Good luck girls & happy new year!!!

EODwife363
January 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Welcome! I'm new as well to the boards :)
I'll send you all my girl dust if you send me your boy dust? haha

amk2013
January 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Hello EODwife363 - welcome! I have to say I am a tad jealous I am not swaying for a boy... the diet is so much more "me" friendly, haha. Good luck to you! Sending ALL my boy dust your way ;)

Dollydot
January 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
EODwife that is defo a deal, sending you boy dust your way my dear... Needgrace Started diet about 5 days ago i am with amk2013 on the breakfast thing...

amk2013
January 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
ok, what time is lunch if you skip breakfast!? i normally eat breakfast at 6 & lunch at 11-12...so can I eat my first meal at 11ish? i see some didn't eat until 12-1 though. getting up so early i am thinking that will not be possible.

NeedGrace
January 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
Hey girls. Welcome EOD! Will happily trade my blue dust for your pink dust :wink:
@amk I just had a peak at your sway in the dream members section. Looks good! Although I'm still learning too so I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in for you. I have coffee with artificial sweetener every morning at 6.30 & then busy myself for the morning so I don't think about breakfast. Some days I make it to 12-1 for lunch & some days I've been having a late 'breakfast' around 11 - puffed rice with rice milk. It's actually not LE & not bad. Then I have a later lunch & later dinner. I'm cautious about losing too much weight as I'm about the same as you so having 3-4 meals but no snacking. Just curious, were you prescribed the clomid? I'm sure it would help in my situation (although BF'ing) with PCOS tendencies but my doctor isn't concerned as I don't have problems with fertility.

NeedGrace
January 2nd, 2013, 12:24 AM
*it actually IS LE & not bad I should have said!

Dollydot
January 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
The weight is really dropping off me, and only 6 days in. Hope i conceive in fab or i will look all nose ...

The Anchor
January 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Welcome and good luck!

Dollydot
January 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks my dear..

amk2013
January 2nd, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hey girls. Welcome EOD! Will happily trade my blue dust for your pink dust :wink:
@amk I just had a peak at your sway in the dream members section. Looks good! Although I'm still learning too so I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in for you. I have coffee with artificial sweetener every morning at 6.30 & then busy myself for the morning so I don't think about breakfast. Some days I make it to 12-1 for lunch & some days I've been having a late 'breakfast' around 11 - puffed rice with rice milk. It's actually not LE & not bad. Then I have a later lunch & later dinner. I'm cautious about losing too much weight as I'm about the same as you so having 3-4 meals but no snacking. Just curious, were you prescribed the clomid? I'm sure it would help in my situation (although BF'ing) with PCOS tendencies but my doctor isn't concerned as I don't have problems with fertility.

Yes, I was prescribed it with my last pregnancy for LP defect (never used it - still have it). I found out I was preggo the day after I filled it. I took BC pills as my last resort to solve my LPD problem (after trying B vitamins and progesterone cream) on my own while I was not so patiently waiting to get into my OB, and it worked. Rebound ovulation after 2 weeks BCPs. However, this is not something that is recommended, but it worked, for me. Only normal cycle of my life. Now, I have been temping again and still have a LPD - 9 days. I see my OB next week, and not sure if he will recommend the same thing, but I am hoping. I don't want to take it without approval though ;) I'm chicken. Hehe.

Mummyx2
January 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Hi ladies how are you all going with the diet? I started the diet yesterday I was almost pulling my hair out by 6 pm after only eating a cucumber lettuce sandwich & yogurt all day... Big change for me!! Hubby has booked a night in the city, has anyone got some ideas on what to eat when out? Sticking to it the diet will be near impossible unless I pack my own food .. I Don't think hubby would be very happy with that!! :shrug: I'm Patiently waiting for af, I always worry when we haven't been careful the entire month even though it would be a long to shot to be preg already !! I'm planning first attempt at start of march, hope u are all well & not 2 hungry :nails:

NeedGrace
January 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Hi Mummyx2. I've been on the diet loosely since Dec & more seriously this month. I'm not hungry at all. In fact I'm feel like I'm eating a lot..just different foods to what I'd normally eat. Having said that I am still BF'ing DS3 & don't have weight to lose so aiming for the upper limits of 1800-2000 calories at the moment. I will drop that back closer to ttc which wont be until March at the earliest too. I'm eating 3-4 meals of 500 calories or less each meal, & I am having to add in meringues & skittles or a glass of wine to my meals make up calories without fat or protein. That feels a bit weird on a special 'diet'. I delay the first meal until 11-12 usually. Just have coffee first thing in the morning. Have you bought a plan from Atomic? The dream member section ha heaps of great meal ideas too which are great! Lots of people use Fitpal to track their food intake. I started using an app called ShapeUp. It's similar. You can scan barcodes & it records all the nutrient & calories for you. I don't have any advice on eating out but sounds great having a night away with hubby. Enjoy! Those apps may help approximate calories if you can get a menu ahead of time.

Mummyx2
January 8th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Hi Needgrace :) I just had a bowl of rice bubbles before bed and I'm still only on 1090 calories!! I ate lunch about 1230, today iwas absolutely starving ( I keep telling myself the first week will be the hardest) by dinner time with no snacking I felt shaky & grumpy ! Definitely had low blood sugar, when I'm back at work I'm going 2 monitor my sugar levels 2 see how low it is. How old is your youngest? I'm glad you are consuming 1800-2000 calories you definitely need it, when I was feeding I couldn't keep any weight on. I'm using fit pal, it is great I don't know how I hadn't heard of it until now! What does your hubby think about swaying pink? Is he modifying his diet?

NeedGrace
January 8th, 2013, 05:13 AM
That sounds low for calories. I'm sure I read somewhere thatyou're eating less than 1200 your cycles can be affected. I'll see if I can find where I read that. I hate being hungry:-/ I'm usually a big snacker. How about you? Because my cycles haven't even come back yet I'm changing my diet but not being too strict. I'll probably just do 6 weeks of strict. I have always had a fast metabolism which isn't as glamorous as it sounds and def not great for swaying as the weight flies off too fast. I'm hoping when I'm ready to ttc it happens quickly as I won't be able to be on the lower cal diet for any length of time. How are you going to monitor your blood sugar levels? My youngest is 15 months. I have actually weaned him at night now. He's been sleeping through for the last week. I feel like a new person!! My husband is very unsure of the whole thing actually but mostly because he doesn't want 4 children. He's actually been getting very cold feet about the whole thing this week but I'm not stressing about it. So far he's on board. I'm just bring very careful not to push too hard in case he pulls the plug. He's really worried I won't cope if we have a 4th boy. I was fine with DS1 & DS2 but I got really depressed about a 3rd boy initially. I was just thinking tonight though how God clearly knows better than me & DS3 came to me for a reason. He's such a sweet, cuddly, funny little boy & I truly couldn't imagine life without him now. And I figure a 4th boy would be the same. It's not like I wouldn't love another sweet boy with all of my heart. I def won't expect a girl this time but obv want to try & at least tip the odds in our favour. What about your DH? Is he doing diet, supps. ? Does he think it's all a bit crazy too?

Mummyx2
January 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I bet you do feel like a new person !!that is great for you :) My second bub was a terrible sleeper, he had large glands in the back of his noes that made him sound " all stuffed up " which constantley woke him overnight so understand your joy in a full nights sleep :) I will check my levels on the glucose monitor, I've taken holidays to spend time with my kiddies as they will both be at school at the end of the month :sad:I work as a nurse in rehab just 2-3 shifts per week, it will be interesting how I go out food I may have2 eat breakfast on the days I'm up at 530 am. I'm sorry your DH is unsure, it has taken me years to get my DH on board,( hence my youngest is 5!!) i didn't want to put too much pressure on DH( he is a major stress head when it comes to finance, he worries about retirement @ the age of 32!!) he kept saying after our holiday, Xmas, sale of the business ect... I ended up getting really upset ( howling crazy lady upset.. Ha!! ) & I think this made him realise how important this is 2 me.. I would love a little girl but after waiting for so long I would just be over the moon with a baby to love :) to answer your question about DH diet & supps he takes cal& mag & from af-o will take licrioce root ... As far as the diet is concerned I have very little chance of changing his, he doesn't eat a lot of red meat anyway just high sodium . DH is happy with me to try the diet, as soon as I start losing weight he will not like it. I'm about 3 kgs heavier than the lightest i have ever been, my bmi is 21, he likes me with more curves I would be happy to loose 3 kgs although I'm hoping to loose 5+. Thin doesn't suit me I look sick & all noes.. Lol. Did you sway with your third boy? like you I'm a big snacker but I do gain weight easily ...2 weeks holiday & I'm guaranteed to gain a few kgs. i normally eat lots of vegies & protein n workout 3 -4 times per week Sunday is my cheat day where I usually have a donut or some takeaway.. Not anymore :( At the moment feel like I'm eating plenty at meal times it's just the long wait in between!! I woke up at 730 absolutely starving so its going to be a long wait until lunch! So glad i found you to talk with, have a great day :)

NeedGrace
January 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Wow! Sounds like we have lots in common. When you say your 2nd had large glands is that adenoids? 2 of my 3 have had adenoids removed & grommets. It def makes a difference to their sleeping. DS3 had the surgery a month ago. That's pretty much why I was still feeding him ALL night!! He constantly had ear infections poor bub. So both of your boys will be in school this year? That's quite a change for you I imagine. Is your youngest excited? That's great that your DH is on board for #3. I had a chuckle when I read you howled like a crazy lady :rofl: I relate!! I am going to try & get my DH to take the supps too. Where did you find them? i havent looked online for his yet. He stresses about finances too! I tend not to worry about that sort of thing. I know we'll manage & it doesn't worry me if we have to cut back on some luxuries. I think the best gift we can give our boys is another sibling & I really want to experience it one more time knowing this will be my last. I just haven't felt that. I knew I wasn't done before now. Sounds like you don't have much to lose either but I know Atomic didn't lose much when she conceived her DD so that gives me hope. I agree the wait between meals is long! But the meals are filling enough. I drink diet lemonade between meals to stretch me out. Apparently diet drinks don't alter your blood sugar levels. On occasion I have a coffee although that does alter blood sugar. I went way over yesterday. I don't know how Im going to go long term. Maybe we should start a thread with what we're eating unless there already is one. i've read others' & it's really helpful. It would be hard for you getting up so early & going to work on an empty stomach! I hope it's not too difficult. Have a great day!

Dollydot
January 20th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hi girls, how are you all doing...

SophiaRose
January 21st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Good luck!

NeedGrace
January 24th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Hi Dollydot. I'm not going so well:sad:. Had friends staying the last week & a bit & have dropped the diet completely. I don't want to tell anyone else that we want to try swaying. I still don't have AF back anyway so thinking our 1st attempt won't be until much later than March anyway. Also losing too much weight too quickly & feeling self-conscious about eating so differently. My family are constantly telling me I'm too thin. Waiting to hear back from Atomic about how to maintain my weight while still sticking to the key LE principles. How are you going? Are you still on track for March?

Mummyx2
January 24th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Hi dollydot how are you? I was feeling a bit miserable today because I'm trying so hard with the diet & have only lost 0.1kg!! :( I'm getting bored with the food I'm eating & I'm getting sick of being hungry all the time!! I will keep going for another 2 weeks & if I'm still not losing i will reassess. Hope you are having more success than I am :) x

Dollydot
February 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hi girls just seen your reply, l've lost a lot of weight (half a stone) was slow at first i think if you don't have lots to loose it can be slow. Going to be starting ttc this mouth so we will see. I'm also starting a new job soon, i'm also a nurse (recovery nurse) praying it will not rise my T levels with all the change. Will keep you guys posted girls..