PDA

View Full Version : September 2013 babies!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Salsa
December 28th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Please tell me if there is already a thread started, but I couldnt seem to find one!
I just found out today Im pregnant and due early Sept :bigsmile:

Hoping to see lots of you ladies join me!!
x x x

Northern_Shutterbug
December 28th, 2012, 07:57 AM
6th of September for me, but my scans always put me ahead of where I am - I have big babies, but the doctors always say I'm just late, even though I know when I ovulated and DTD!

Girlsway
December 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hi, I am due 1.9. (coinsidently our wedding anniversary). I was 8 days early with DS1 but right on time with DS2. 1.9 is right at the edge, so could easily fall into Aug. How is everyone feeling?

Salsa
December 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
congratulations ladies!
Im feeling well so far!
Hope it stays that way - looking after 3 kids 4 years and under with morning sickness wont be fun!
Ive had it for 2 of the 3 pregnancies, so Im hoping I wont get much this time round. Fingers crossed!
I hate the first trimester - I get so anxious and nervous, I cant wait until I can relax and know this little bean is growing well x x

Southern Butterfly
December 28th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Hi ladies, can I join in too? I got a bfp yesterday but am still holding my breath because last month I had a chemical pregnancy. I'm due sept 8 but will be lucky if I even make it to August. All my boys were preemies (born at 31wks, 35wks, and 33wks). A full term baby would be amazing but not holding out hope with my track record lol.

Anyone have symptoms yet? I've had a few fleeting hints of nausea but nothing major. Looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Salsa
December 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hi ladies, can I join in too? I got a bfp yesterday but am still holding my breath because last month I had a chemical pregnancy. I'm due sept 8 but will be lucky if I even make it to August. All my boys were preemies (born at 31wks, 35wks, and 33wks). A full term baby would be amazing but not holding out hope with my track record lol.

Anyone have symptoms yet? I've had a few fleeting hints of nausea but nothing major. Looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Hi there Southern Butterfly!
Congratulations on your BFP!!
Im feeling pretty good so far. Like you I am having moment of nausea but nothing too bad at all. Early days yet though. We are having a big New Years Eve Party at our place tomoro night, with about 30 adults and 30 kids!! So Im hoping my morning sickness doesnt suddenly kick in before then!:happy:

Looking forward to getting to know you over the next 9 months! x x

Northern_Shutterbug
December 30th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Had a bit of a wobble when I was walking the dog this morning, could have been because we got up at 9:30am (unheard of in our house!!) and I hadn't eaten anything, so may have been the empty tummy.

Soon stopped after I had my danish pastry!

Salsa
December 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Yum!

Charlee
January 5th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Hi ladies :) I got my bfp today!! Going by my lmp I will be due Sept 15th if this one sticks... Not getting too excited yet but hoping and praying everything goes okay :)

Congrats to you all!

Wanting-a-girl
January 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
My DD is sept 11th hoping it's a sticky one!

Anyone else having Af like cramps? I've been having them for over a week but they just started to subside tonight :)

Ms def kicked in yesterday! I'm having a hard time eating... My son was eating Greek yogurt and the smell made me run to the bathroom...

Girlsway
January 5th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Congrats charlee and wantingagirl! Great news.

Charlee
January 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks :) I'm just hoping I can stay here... LOL... STICK BABY STICK! At this point I don't care if it's a girl or boy, I just want healthy! (Although a girl would be REALLY REALLY nice) :)

No real symptoms yet except running to the restroom more frequently... but it's VERY early days for me... I can't even bring myself to put up a pregnancy ticker yet lol

I made a dr's appt last month for Jan 8th because I had been ttc for 6 months with no luck... looks like it's an early pregnancy appt now! :)

Elements
January 5th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Hi!

I'm Due the 4th of Sept (Anniversary of the Big earthquake!). DH is hopin for a boy, at this stage I dont care. We swayed for a few months with no luck then the docter told me not to try last month untill we had sorted out some health issues. And whoops. One hit wonder. So I think we missed our sway altogether.
I'm having a few low blood pressure issues already. Seems to get worse with each pregnancy.

Wanting-a-girl
January 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Need to change my edd I was going by my last period for some reason... I have shorter cycles is I should know better lol... Any ways my new calculation is sept 8th I really didn't like the 11th very much such a sad day :(

Southern Butterfly
January 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Just checking back in and wow our group is growing fast! Congrats to everyone!

Salsa
January 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Great to see some new faces here! Hoping we all have a happy and healthy 9 months together.
I have no real symptoms yet. Although in the evening I can feel a bit queezy!!
x x

onthepond
January 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Congratulations to you all! We are due with our 2nd baby on September 3rd and couldn't be more thrilled. I am so much more nervous about this one than I was with our first...ignorance is bliss I think - but we have our first appt at 8 weeks so hopefully that will help calm my nerves a bit. I can't believe I still have over 2 weeks to wait for that appt, seems like it is taking forever.

Are you ladies having any symptoms yet? I will be 6 weeks on Tuesday and I've got nothin'! Although I really didn't with our first, either, it was a breeze, so maybe I am just one of those that just doesn't get sick. Or maybe it is just too early.

GOOD LUCK to you all!

Charlee
January 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I had a chemical :(

Good luck to the rest of you... hope you all have a smooth easy pregnancy :)

Wanting-a-girl
January 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM

so sorry for your loss :(

Salsa
January 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM

Oh Charlee, Im so sorry.
I hope you get your BFP with a sticky one soon x x x

Wanting-a-girl
January 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Just got off the phone with my dr... She said I am indeed pregnant and I go my first prenatal on the 22nd!

Salsa
January 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Just got off the phone with my dr... She said I am indeed pregnant and I go my first prenatal on the 22nd!

Congratulations!! I hope its a little :ballerina: in there!
x

Salsa
January 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Im just waiting for my doc to call me with my beta hcg levels. I got one lot taken on thurs, then again yesterday. I need to see that they are doubling every 2 days then I will relax, a bit.... I wish I could skip to the second tri and start to relax and enjoy it.... Im so anxious, again!

Salsa
January 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Well my second lot of levels are nice and strong. Seems my beta hcg levels are doubling every 1.5days. I hope that doesnt mean twins!! haha My DH would have a fit! I doubt it though..... Will have another blood test fri and hope it is still doubling nicely x

Wanting-a-girl
January 7th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Im just waiting for my doc to call me with my beta hcg levels. I got one lot taken on thurs, then again yesterday. I need to see that they are doubling every 2 days then I will relax, a bit.... I wish I could skip to the second tri and start to relax and enjoy it.... Im so anxious, again!

I am feeling really nervous this pregnancy too! Im gonna try and score an early ultrasound so I can see a heartbeat in the next two weeks

Salsa
January 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I am feeling really nervous this pregnancy too! Im gonna try and score an early ultrasound so I can see a heartbeat in the next two weeks

Me too!
I used to work in Radiology before having kids, so am going to go in and get one of my friends to scan me.... :p

Salsa
January 8th, 2013, 01:32 AM

Me too!
I used to work in Radiology before having kids, so am going to go in and get one of my friends to scan me.... :p

Wanting-a-girl
January 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Omg morning sickness kicked in today! Never had it with the boys really.... I guess I will be making friends with the toilet :(

Adoptapom
January 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi! Can I join you guys?

I'm due September 8th! We had a mc at 18 weeks in August, so I'm trying to not get too excited. But, I don't want to be on pins and needles the whole time either!

We have one daughter who is 3 and she is a riot. I'd like a boy, but I'm good either way, just want a healthy&sticky baby!!

Wanting-a-girl
January 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hi! Can I join you guys?

I'm due September 8th! We had a mc at 18 weeks in August, so I'm trying to not get too excited. But, I don't want to be on pins and needles the whole time either!

We have one daughter who is 3 and she is a riot. I'd like a boy, but I'm good either way, just want a healthy&sticky baby!!

We have the same due date! :) hope this ones a sticky one! And I am so sorry for ur loss , I can't imagine the pain

Adoptapom
January 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM
So, I had an ultrasound today, date wise I'm 5 weeks 3 days.

And we saw nothing. No gestational sac.

I immediately start crying, and although my dr isn't concerned- I'm completely terrified.

My playing Dr Google doesn't help much either. :( :( :(

We did bloodwork, which we'll repeat on Friday and try another ultrasound in one week.

What do y'all think? Hopeless? Or too soon to tell?

Wanting-a-girl
January 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
O no! I would be terrified too! I have seen a lot of people who see nothing this early and see it in a week or so... That's why I don't get u/s this early cause I think it will scare me more than reassure me...

Is your dr doing a repeat u/s next week?
My fingers are crossed four you!

Adoptapom
January 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks. Yes, we're repeating betas Friday and a follow up ultrasound next Wednesday.

So scared :/

fish2012
January 10th, 2013, 04:08 PM
heya I'm due first week sept really hoping it'll make aug thou cause of school years ;-)

we swayed girl for 7 months and of course the month we stopped i got preggie so it'll be a boy ;-S

Wanting-a-girl
January 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I am also hoping for August cause of the kids school lol my birthday is August 28 so I'm hoping for that day :)

my4leafclover
January 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hi ladies, I am actually due 8/29 but I just confirmed at 7 wk U/S the HB and one little one in there. Most likely my Boy #4. Just wanted to wish everyone luck and a healthy preggy and baby :)

Wanting-a-girl
January 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hi ladies, I am actually due 8/29 but I just confirmed at 7 wk U/S the HB and one little one in there. Most likely my Boy #4. Just wanted to wish everyone luck and a healthy preggy and baby :)

Yup most likely boy number four for me as well lol

Are you finding out What your having? I am not lol

Salsa
January 11th, 2013, 08:35 PM
So, I had an ultrasound today, date wise I'm 5 weeks 3 days.

And we saw nothing. No gestational sac.

I immediately start crying, and although my dr isn't concerned- I'm completely terrified.

My playing Dr Google doesn't help much either. :( :( :(

We did bloodwork, which we'll repeat on Friday and try another ultrasound in one week.

What do y'all think? Hopeless? Or too soon to tell?

Try not to get too worried (I know thats easier said than done!)
How has your beta hcg numbers been going?
See what the scan shows in a week. DId you have a transvaginal scan or a transabdominal scan?

WantingPink
January 11th, 2013, 11:41 PM
How did your betas come back? Lots of people don't see anything this early. They also miss a lot of twins this early. Hope your betas came back good!!

my4leafclover
January 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
adoptapom- I had the same thing happen with U/S. I went back a week later and saw one HB and also an empty sac. I was 7 weeks but measuring 6 wks 4 days which can explain the not seeing anything. Hang in there.

WAD- I think I am going to do that Materniti21 blood test at 11 weeks. I am 99% sure it is a boy. When I announce this pg I want to announce the sex to avoid some of the normal comments people throw out, especially my inlaws. I need to know for sure so I can focus on the things that help me bond with him. I did with my 3rd DS and I am glad I did. Are you going to find out?

Adoptapom
January 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
First round numbers:
Hcg 659 progesterone 7.5

I started on progesterone supps Thursday (the day I got the results)

I had my second beta draw yesterday, but no results yet......

(If things go well I may do materniti21 too. I'm 33 which is apparently ancient to drs :rolleyes:)

Southern Butterfly
January 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
First round numbers:
Hcg 659 progesterone 7.5

I started on progesterone supps Thursday (the day I got the results)

I had my second beta draw yesterday, but no results yet......

(If things go well I may do materniti21 too. I'm 33 which is apparently ancient to drs :rolleyes:)

Hope you hear good news! When will you get the results?

Adoptapom
January 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I was hoping yesterday, but I guess Monday.

Salsa
January 15th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I was hoping yesterday, but I guess Monday.

How did you go?

Salsa
January 15th, 2013, 02:54 AM
MS has kicked in good and proper for me.... bleh.... I cant lift my head off the pillow until I have a dry cracker biscuit... Its such a struggle preparing my kids meals all day when all I want to do it run to the toilet at the smell or sight of any food!
Im ok if food is cooked and put in front of me. But I have no hope if I have to prepare it myself.... Had another HCG levels taken on fri, and my last lot will be done tomorrow. Levels are strong and doubling every 40hrs. So a little quicker than every 2 days. I hope thats ok, my doc seems very happy with that.
Going into work tomoro for a quick little scan (I work in radiology). Im so impatient and cant hold out until 8 weeks when my doc wants me to have my dating scan. Hopefully they'll see its grown since last week, and with my strong levels I have to try and make myself not stress so much!! I just cant help it!! Ive seen too much and know too much about all the things that can go wrong in these early weeks.... I just hope it continues to go along this path

Adoptapom
January 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Hcg went from 650 to 918 in a little less than 40 hours. I go for my second ultrasound attempt tomorrow.

Salsa
January 16th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Had a quick scan today and saw baby's heartbeat! Greatest thing to see. Struggling still with m/s and beyond tired all the time!

Wanting-a-girl
January 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Hcg went from 650 to 918 in a little less than 40 hours. I go for my second ultrasound attempt tomorrow.

Can't wait for a update!

Wanting-a-girl
January 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Had a quick scan today and saw baby's heartbeat! Greatest thing to see. Struggling still with m/s and beyond tired all the time!

That is great! I think I'm gonna try and get an u/s next week when I see my dr... My morning sickness is hell compared to my three boys... And Im not as fatigued this pregnancy so far and I have a hard time falling a sleeps :s I still get quite crampy which I hate I'm constantly worried... My boobs hurt so much it hurts to shower lol... I can't wait for ms to fade away in a few weeks!

Salsa
January 16th, 2013, 08:11 PM
That is great! I think I'm gonna try and get an u/s next week when I see my dr... My morning sickness is hell compared to my three boys... And Im not as fatigued this pregnancy so far and I have a hard time falling a sleeps :s I still get quite crampy which I hate I'm constantly worried... My boobs hurt so much it hurts to shower lol... I can't wait for ms to fade away in a few weeks!

I know, its just awful.... but I do find it comforting having m/s, its a love/hate relationship lol...

Hoping the first tri goes quickly for all of us! Good luck to you with your scan hopefully next week x x

Thorz300
January 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hey ladies I guess I will be joining you! I just got my BFP yesterday at 8 dpo my due date will be Sept 30th! I'm fairly certain that it is a boy because my sway was half hearted! But I don't mind! I love my boys! So I'm thinking of waiting until 9 weeks until my first appt with the dr. When do you ladies go? With Ds1 I went at 6 and ds2 at 8 and ds3 at 12 I liked waiting a bit but I don't think I want to wait until 12 weeks again.

Salsa
January 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Hey ladies I guess I will be joining you! I just got my BFP yesterday at 8 dpo my due date will be Sept 30th! I'm fairly certain that it is a boy because my sway was half hearted! But I don't mind! I love my boys! So I'm thinking of waiting until 9 weeks until my first appt with the dr. When do you ladies go? With Ds1 I went at 6 and ds2 at 8 and ds3 at 12 I liked waiting a bit but I don't think I want to wait until 12 weeks again.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
How exciting!!
I love seeing more ladies join our group!!
I see my doc at 11 weeks, just before I go for my 12 wk scan. But I have already had a scan at 6 weeks and 3 days.
Hope your feeling well!

fish2012
January 18th, 2013, 05:02 PM
hey thorz welcome that's so cool, i feel the same re my sway but for me this is last preggie so i'm trying to stay upbeat and just remember how i felt when i finally got that bfp!

feel a little left out here in the uk the dr just says oh why do you think your preggie, no period, postive test and they say fab see the midwife in three weeks time! i'm meeting mine next week excited as our last one was rubbish and she's meant to be super nice and good! don't even understand what the tests you guys are having are!

WantingPink
January 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
My first OB appointment is 10 weeks. I wanted to wait so my first US was something that looked like a baby:) I waited until 11 weeks with both of my DS. As long as you have "normal" PG I don't think there is any harm in waiting.

luvalittleman
January 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hi. I am due on 1st September so am currently 8 weeks. I seem to be the only one here with lots of girls hoping for a boy.
I have my first appointment tomorrow with the doctor and have decided I am going to ask about a CVS as I will be just about to turn 40 when I have this little one.
Anyone else analysing symptoms to try and figure out what they're having?

Elements
January 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi. I am due on 1st September so am currently 8 weeks. I seem to be the only one here with lots of girls hoping for a boy.
I have my first appointment tomorrow with the doctor and have decided I am going to ask about a CVS as I will be just about to turn 40 when I have this little one.
Anyone else analysing symptoms to try and figure out what they're having?

Im not sure if iv posted in this thread yet but im due sept 4th. I have 2 girls already and would love a son.

luvalittleman
January 21st, 2013, 12:03 AM
Hi Elements. We are due very close to the same time. I always go a few days over so we may end up even closer...
Am very happy to see Pom is also joining us for the September delivery, hi Pom.
Now if we can just get Anchor knocked up and on the team...
Anyone else having dreadful ms? I had a little nausea between weeks 9 and 12 with my 2nd and 3rd but this is much worse. Have had nausea from dusk until dawn since week 4 and am so exhausted by lunchtime every day.
Have broken out on my chest (gross) and jawline so all in all, I'm convinced I am having a 4th daughter. (Is there a symbol for trying to look brave...)

WantingPink
January 21st, 2013, 12:38 AM
Luvalittleman I know they say that MS has nothing do to with gender however, seems like there are some of us out there that have horrible MS with boys (myself included) and comparatively mild MS with girls. :fingers: for you!!

luvalittleman
January 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
Oh thankyou wanting pink!! I really hope so and I hope you are having a little girl.
We have all worked hard for something that our hearts desire and I sincerely hope we all get the outcomes we want.
Given I never touched a pre-natal or folic acid or ate enough red meat or fruit and veg before any of my beautiful healthy girls, it seems outragous that the humungous changes I made in preparation for this little one wouldn't provide a different outcome but of course it doesn't work like that.....

4Giffins
January 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hi girls! I would like to join the group with a due date of Sept.24th! We swayed for boy also and I'm already feeling nervous about what the gender will be! Not a lot of sickness here but very sore bb's! Hopefully we all speed right through the first trimester!

Adoptapom
January 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Luv, I'm second guessing everything too! I'm trying hard not to be jealous of our friend I taught about swaying that's having her boy! The hubbs and my dd would be cool either way, but I am pretty sure that this will be our last- I just have too many pregnancy complications, so I really want a boy.

luvalittleman
January 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
I'd be jealous too Pom. Did you read my story I posted about the conversation I had at christmas time? Was telling my friend (and her friend) about my mammoth efforts to sway this baby's gender. Went into detail about diet, sups, weight training, alcohol abstinence, charting, sex/release scheduling, the works. She says she went to a naturopath after her two girls because she was having problems conceiving and was asked if she wanted a girl or a boy. She said boy so the nauturopath gave her some drops and she conceived her son a month later....:hair:
I'm having my CVS in 4 weeks so I guess fingers crossed all OK and a little boy to boot would be divine!!!!

Thorz300
January 22nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
So I know that I am only 4 weeks along (oh geez this is gonna be a long pregnancy if I'm already counting down) anyhow, I am a bit concerned about my weight gain. My 1st two pregnancies I didn't have an issue with weight gain and only gained 20 lbs, but my last pregnancies I ballooned up quite fast, and I feel like that is going to happen again. I need some sort of plan to keep me on a weight gain track. Ugh.

Also I know it sounds bad to wish for morning sickness but I kind of do hope I get it. Because I really want this pregnancy to be different than my last ones. I have never had morning sickness and I have had 3 boys, so I feel that maybe if I get morning sickness then I might have a girl. I know these things can never be certain but I'm really hoping things are different this time around!

Northern_Shutterbug
January 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
I was fine until 6 weeks but then I just couldn't stop eating! I've gone from 163lb to 167lb in less than 4 weeks.

I was never slim - far from it - but now I've got a big belly and muffin tops. Its so depressing :tissue:

Wanting-a-girl
January 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Omg I have horrid morning sicknesss an I know I asked for it cause just like thor I wanted this preg to be diff... Mine started at 4 weeks I am now 7+2 and it is getting worse everyday! I threw up in the middle of Costco yesterday in a garbage can but still embarrassing... I usually gain lik 40lbs! Lol and all belly so far with this babe I have lost weight from being sick and having no appetite

WantingPink
January 22nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
I have had terrible MS with my first two PG so anyone wanting some can take it from me. This PG has been better however, yesterday was a bad day... I couldn't peel myself off the couch and I took a nap from 1:00 - 5:00. I went out to dinner the night before and really paid for it the next day. Today should be a better day since I ate on target yesterday. DH went out while I was sleeping and got some sea bands... I thought that was really sweet and they seemed to work! MS is just awful and I don't wish it on anyone.

Thorz300
January 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
My main thing is I am hoping that this pregnancy is different than all my others because my last 3 pregnancies (all boys) were all the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure I am carrying another boy because I am already craving anything salty!!!! My other 3 pregnancies were the same. I craved anything salty with them. But it is super duper early to know what kind of cravings this pregnancy will bring. I did get my BFP so much earlier than with my boys, I have heard that some people think a BFP as early as 8dpo means girl.....I will be happy with a boy too, I just dream of having a girl. This is our very last shot at a pink bundle!

Elements
January 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
okay so im far from a pro, but i can tell you what has worked for me with MS.
Morning sickness was something I dreaded so while ttc i research morning sickness, and came across numerous studies. Is the internet, so I take it with a grain of salt and when my MS became un bareable i tried somethings out.

First I removed sugary and fatty foods. Basicly, gone down to eating produce. Secondly, got rid of wheat. and thirdly, I drank a teaspoon of apple cider viniger before bad and again in the morning. gross to get down but it works. honestly.

Im normally on deaths door at 8 weeks but im fine now!

Wanting-a-girl
January 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
With my third boy I got my Bfp at 8 dpo but the salty cravings I wouldn't worry about

I just got home from my first prenatal and I have my u/s on feb 25th the dr also gave me a script for diclectin but I'm not sure I want to take it....

WantingPink
January 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
okay so im far from a pro, but i can tell you what has worked for me with MS.
Morning sickness was something I dreaded so while ttc i research morning sickness, and came across numerous studies. Is the internet, so I take it with a grain of salt and when my MS became un bareable i tried somethings out.

First I removed sugary and fatty foods. Basicly, gone down to eating produce. Secondly, got rid of wheat. and thirdly, I drank a teaspoon of apple cider viniger before bad and again in the morning. gross to get down but it works. honestly.

Im normally on deaths door at 8 weeks but im fine now!

The apple cider vinegar thing is really interesting to me. I too am one of those people what is completely miserable by 6 weeks and it lasts until I am 7 months. So far this PG I have removed all carbs except for ones that come from fruits and vegetable (except for potatoes, yams, bananas, etc). So like you, all I am eating is produce and meat and it seems to be helping a ton!! I also squeeze lemon in my water and that seems to have really helped (I wonder if that is doing the same thing as the apple cider vinegar). Last PG I was puking 2-3 times a day until 7 months. I know this is working... if I cheat (like I did two days ago), the next day I will be back on deaths door. I ate really well yesterday and feel good today. Even felt like taking my kids to the park!!

Where did you hear about or read about the apple cider vinegar? Do you know why it helps?

luvalittleman
January 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
I have been suffering morning sickness for the first time and think I have maybe found some things to help....
I have reintroduced my Vitamin D tablet and increased my protein intake and I am starting to get through the day with much less nausea. (Actually just took the kids to a wildlife sanctuary for 6 hours and had no nausea!!).
Apparently Vit D is proving a big help with MS.
Also, just having nuts and cheese to snack on during the day seems to help a lot.
Good luck to you all and I hope it passes soon.

fish2012
January 23rd, 2013, 04:07 AM
I was fine until 6 weeks but then I just couldn't stop eating! I've gone from 163lb to 167lb in less than 4 weeks.

I was never slim - far from it - but now I've got a big belly and muffin tops. Its so depressing :tissue:

ah me too ;-( was really skinny (8months on le) and then xmas (well after o) and bfp on 31 jan it's all gone to pot and i feel sick and fat ;-( on the plus side ive never had ms before!

Northern_Shutterbug
January 23rd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Fish - how strange that we were diet buddies back in August and now we're only a couple of days apart with due dates!

I didn't manage to stick to the diet, so you're going to have a much better chance than me! I'm sure this one is a boy.

fish2012
January 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
hey hun 'seen you' on baby centre too i have stalking friends so not posting on there yet as wanna keep this one secret for a while yet!

have you seen this only £16 off amazon so tempted Gender Predictor - Accurate baby gender prediction test | boy or girl? (http://www.gendermaker.com/) results from 6 weeks!

i'm aiming to have this one in august but as boys both late not sure how that'll go but school wise would be better ;-0

luvalittleman
January 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Hey Fish, I've googled these tests a million ways and I keep seeing that urine tests have no medical merit. Apparently, there is no reliable way to determine gender though urine. They are the same as intelligender (which incidently one of my friends did at 34 weeks pregnant and it said girl. She already had two girls so got her head around another girl. Baby came out a boy 6 weeks later. Needless to say they were totally surprised and Intelligender was wrong).
I'm busting to find out too!!!
My symptoms all feel totally exaggerated this time around compared to my last 3 pregnancies - BB's are bigger and sorer really fast, have worst MS ever, am so exhausted by mid-day I am falling asleep anywhere, eating like the worlds food supply is about to run out and have bad skin. Am so convinced I am pregnant with twin girls....Arghhh!!

Elements
January 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
The apple cider vinegar thing is really interesting to me. I too am one of those people what is completely miserable by 6 weeks and it lasts until I am 7 months. So far this PG I have removed all carbs except for ones that come from fruits and vegetable (except for potatoes, yams, bananas, etc). So like you, all I am eating is produce and meat and it seems to be helping a ton!! I also squeeze lemon in my water and that seems to have really helped (I wonder if that is doing the same thing as the apple cider vinegar). Last PG I was puking 2-3 times a day until 7 months. I know this is working... if I cheat (like I did two days ago), the next day I will be back on deaths door. I ate really well yesterday and feel good today. Even felt like taking my kids to the park!!

Where did you hear about or read about the apple cider vinegar? Do you know why it helps?

So glad to hear that the same things are working for you! The fresh produce and minimal carbs is definently proving to be a major for preventing it. I had potato chips the other night and yesterday i was on deaths door.
My understanding of the apple cider vineger (1 tspn in a glass of water) is that it helps to balance the stomachs pH levels. So lemon my very well do the same thing

WantingPink
January 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
So glad to hear that the same things are working for you! The fresh produce and minimal carbs is definently proving to be a major for preventing it. I had potato chips the other night and yesterday i was on deaths door.
My understanding of the apple cider vineger (1 tspn in a glass of water) is that it helps to balance the stomachs pH levels. So lemon my very well do the same thing

The lemon must be doing the same thing. When I feel a little queasy I will drink some of the lemon water (about a tsp in a cup of water) and it seems to really help. I really do think the low carb it is working for me. I wish I would have known about this with my first two PG!! Plus I haven't gained any weight with this PG which is a miracle all in itself:)

Salsa
January 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Hi ladies, my ms comes and goes. I have a really bad day when Ive been busy the day before. Which is most days with 3 kids 4yrs and under!! lol
I had bad ms with my DD and none with DS1 but I had bad ms with DS2. So Im all over the place and so far I couldnt tell you if this is a boy or a girl by my symptoms. Ive had 3 completely different pregnancies and this one looks different again. I have been suffering badly from dizzy spells and headaches, something I havent had before. I feel so dizzy sometimes I think im going to faint!
Am craving curry!! Strange but I could have it morning noon and night if I could just have my husband cook it that much! haha
Im nauseous just looking at food to cook. But cope ok if its cooked and put infront of me. Poor DH, he comes home from a long day at his own company, and Im exhausted or got my head in the toilet. I cant stand to prepare my kids dinner so he has to feed, bath and put them to bed. Then he cooks me dinner. Never complains. He's wonderful... I feel so guilty, coz Im usually doing all of that, so he can have a break from his 14hr days! anyway, hopefully the MS will pass soon and I'll get my usual energy back!

IS anyone here going to stay team green for the whole pregnancy? We are!
We havent found out for any of our other babies, and we dont want to again! Going to be a long wait to find out if our sway worked. But as DH says, we cant change it now and we love the build up and suprise after labour! Its worth it to us. But I know Im going to be super jealous of all you ladies finding out lol x x

luvalittleman
January 24th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Hi Salsa,
I admire your commitment to stay team green and I would love to do it but there's no way it's going to happen. Having all three of the same sex makes you a little "crazy" about getting that seemingly elusive sex baby and I couldn't bare to subconsciously feel disappointed at birth given how much I love the whole experience of meeting my babies.

luvalittleman
January 24th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Oh, another thing, I started a new post about uterus size in mums of 4 or more but no one has answered yet. Can any of you here take a look and let me know about that. My uterus is measuring a good 2 or 3 inches above my pubic bone already and I'm only 8 weeks 4 days.....

Salsa
January 24th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Oh, another thing, I started a new post about uterus size in mums of 4 or more but no one has answered yet. Can any of you here take a look and let me know about that. My uterus is measuring a good 2 or 3 inches above my pubic bone already and I'm only 8 weeks 4 days.....

I'll check out your new post and comment there about mine.
Yup, its such a personal thing finding out, or not (and the reasons behind our choice) I am soooooooo hoping you have a little blue one in there, and cant wait to find out what you're having!! I'll have to live vicariously through all you ladies!! lol

Salsa
January 24th, 2013, 05:06 AM

I cant find this thread?

luvalittleman
January 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks Salsa. My thread is under Pregnancy Talk. Plenty of people looking but no one has anything to add yet....

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
luv, that can be normal if you've had a few pg.

Thorz300
January 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
So I still don't have any morning sickness but I'm still barely pregnant (4 weeks and 3 days) but I've already started getting extremely tired. How do we get out of the rut of wanting to stay in bed all day? I have 3 boys at home, but as soon as I get them breakfast, I get back in bed until my 2 year old yells for me to get him out of the high chair. Then my older two play and I grab my Ipad and let the baby play with that next to me in bed. I just don't have any energy but I need to figure out a way to get some, because my house will fall apart. Also my cravings are severe already but all over the place. First it was super salty sunflower seeds, now it is root beer (which I have always disliked) and boiled eggs (I haven't had boiled eggs for years) I don't know what is going on but the cravings I can deal with, although they are annoying, but the extreme fatigue is not ok and I have to figure out a way to get over it!!!

Wanting-a-girl
January 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
They say that exercise helps lol but if ur to tierd to exercise in the first place what can you do lol.... I'm not that tierd this preg ... Yet I actually have a bit of insomnia

My morning sickness hit around 4 weeks 4 days but I read it usually doesn't hit till 6 weeks so you have plenty of time

luvalittleman
January 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
luv, that can be normal if you've had a few pg.

Thanks Atomic. I was so hoping you would weigh in and say that! xx

fish2012
January 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Hey Fish, I've googled these tests a million ways and I keep seeing that urine tests have no medical merit. Apparently, there is no reliable way to determine gender though urine. They are the same as intelligender (which incidently one of my friends did at 34 weeks pregnant and it said girl. She already had two girls so got her head around another girl. Baby came out a boy 6 weeks later. Needless to say they were totally surprised and Intelligender was wrong).
I'm busting to find out too!!!
My symptoms all feel totally exaggerated this time around compared to my last 3 pregnancies - BB's are bigger and sorer really fast, have worst MS ever, am so exhausted by mid-day I am falling asleep anywhere, eating like the worlds food supply is about to run out and have bad skin. Am so convinced I am pregnant with twin girls....Arghhh!!

hey chick thanks the feedback on ebay wasn't great so i'm not going to tourcher myself!

fish2012
January 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
They say that exercise helps lol but if ur to tierd to exercise in the first place what can you do lol.... I'm not that tierd this preg ... Yet I actually have a bit of insomnia

My morning sickness hit around 4 weeks 4 days but I read it usually doesn't hit till 6 weeks so you have plenty of time

i forced myself out of bed at 6.30 am and did a workout video and have felt soooo much better today than for ages

Elements
January 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
excersise does helps, but i tried it and my morning sickness got the better of me an i ended up feeling more ill for the rest of the day. over half way out of the first trimester and it will soon be over!

Salsa
January 25th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Ummmm.... ok, so today I have suddenly noticed dark facial hair above my top lip!!??!! I HAVE A MOUSTACH!! :omg:

the hair on my head is falling out (I always seem to loose hair in the first tri) but never have I had a dark mo!! lol its horrible!
I am going to the chemist first thing tomorrow to buy myself some wax!
Just checking waxing is safe during pregnancy isnt it?

I tell you, this pregnancy is different yet again to my other 3!! New symptoms, I just cant keep up!
DH cant stop laughing at me! Cheeky bugger

Elements
January 27th, 2013, 09:15 PM
A mo is a new one to me! Waxing is perfectly safe to do :) Good luck, it might hurt :)

Salsa
January 28th, 2013, 08:24 PM
A mo is a new one to me! Waxing is perfectly safe to do :) Good luck, it might hurt :)

Have waxed it and feel (and look) MUCH better!! lol, how terrible...

WantingPink
January 28th, 2013, 10:49 PM
excersise does helps, but i tried it and my morning sickness got the better of me an i ended up feeling more ill for the rest of the day. over half way out of the first trimester and it will soon be over!

I am the same way. If I exercise then my MS gets the best of me for the rest of the day. Really weird. Even if I get in the mood to do some housework I have to limit it to about an hour or I get pukey:(

Thorz300
January 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Lol I've been watching episode after episode of 'I didn't know I was pregnant' its so crazy to imagine that...... Anyway, I'm addicted to this show!

Salsa
January 30th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Lol I've been watching episode after episode of 'I didn't know I was pregnant' its so crazy to imagine that...... Anyway, I'm addicted to this show!

I so dont understand those shows!!! Im only 8 weeks pregnant, and have every symptom under the sun. My tummy looks about 5 months pregnant already (I pop out early with all my babies)
I always know Im pregnant from 3.5weeks!! It makes for a slow first tri! I dont know how women go through to week 9 or 10 before knowing (like my sister did) let alone the WHOLE pregnancy!! Entertaining nonetheless!

Girlsway
January 30th, 2013, 04:27 AM
If someone doesn't notice they are pg all their pregnancy there must be something mentally wrong with them.

Salsa my stomach is really big for 9.5 wks too, looking seriously 5-6 months. I feel slightly embararrassed about it.

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 04:35 AM
okay spent last two days feeling like a dead person, ate loads yesterday as it temporialy makes me feel better but still felt ill all day. I havn't eaten yet this morning thou my stomach is rumberling i'm working from home today (actually bed as I feel so rough) help any advise please its not just morning sickness its allday sickness and it's really starting to get me down ;-(

Northern_Shutterbug
January 30th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I've got a right bump already! I know its all fat thats being pushed up by the uterus but I'm not going to be able to hide it for much longer and I wanted to until I was 20 weeks....not. going. to. happen!

Thorz300
January 30th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Ladies, I'm with you, I feel like I'm already popping out and I'm only 5 weeks. There is no way I can keep this secret all first trimester.

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 09:38 AM
ha ha christmas has not been kind, i have a bump already ;-9

i wanted to wait until 20 weeks too but i've felt so it will be a releif to tell everyone! i sorta wanted to know the gender when i told people i was preggie - njot that i'm planning to share the gender........not gonna happen

Thorz300
January 30th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I was hoping to find out gender before telling everyone I'm pregnant too, but there is absolutely no way I can hide it that long!

meeks32
January 30th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Hi ladies. I just got my BFP this morning and still reeling. A few of you Salsa, Thorz etc I really thought had left me long behind! Turns out my due date would be 12th October according to ff, will have a dating scan though. Since I have to have a Caesarian no matter what (medical reasons) this means I'll be having a bub at 38 weeks, so very end of September! Yay!

Can I join in?

meeks32
January 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Did anyone else have to keep looking at their bfp to make sure it's still there/they weren't imagining it? I can't stop! Makes me smile each time!

Kiara
January 30th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hi! Can I join in? I found out im pregnant a few days ago.:babym:

Butterfly Spirit
January 30th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I've got a right bump already! I know its all fat thats being pushed up by the uterus but I'm not going to be able to hide it for much longer and I wanted to until I was 20 weeks....not. going. to. happen!

Northern! I read about your scare earlier this month and I didn't know if you still had your little bean.. *PHEW* I'm SO happy hon that you still have it!!!!
How are you doing? And to answer your Q about morning sickness in your other thread, I had it early on and some every day for a long time, like until 23ish weeks and then it slowed way down, but picked up later on. What helped me was old fashioned lemon drops and lemonade.
Try the ginger snaps or gingerale too, and see how it works for you. I didn't try that this pregnancy.

Wanting-a-girl
January 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Omg I went and bout the crystallized ginger things I was so excited they look like candy and I put a whole pice on my mouth omg what a mistake lol gets quite spicy... I do like ginger ale it helps somewhat... Ps I hate morning sickness I willbe surprised if a boy is doing this to me lol as all my boys were perfect pregnancies

Wanting-a-girl
January 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the new September mommies

Butterfly Spirit
January 30th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Omg I went and bout the crystallized ginger things I was so excited they look like candy and I put a whole pice on my mouth omg what a mistake lol gets quite spicy... I do like ginger ale it helps somewhat... Ps I hate morning sickness I willbe surprised if a boy is doing this to me lol as all my boys were perfect pregnancies

My DH comes to me and says "I've been reading the benefits of ginger.. it helps with blah blah and and even morning sickness" I guess he was so proud to discover that. LOL I told him "yes, I knew that.. I have tried it in the past but I didn't try it this time around". :)

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 03:09 AM
Hi ladies. I just got my BFP this morning and still reeling. A few of you Salsa, Thorz etc I really thought had left me long behind! Turns out my due date would be 12th October according to ff, will have a dating scan though. Since I have to have a Caesarian no matter what (medical reasons) this means I'll be having a bub at 38 weeks, so very end of September! Yay!

Can I join in?

I AM SO EXCITED MEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!! I just knew it would be your month!!! :bighug:
I totally yelled out when I saw your BFP!!! My kids were like "you ok Mum??" Then I heard DD say to DS1 "Mum's baby in her tummy is making her do strange things!" lol
Yes, I get rather obsessed with looking at my BFP!!! I LOVE them hehe....
Im SUPER excited you'll be a Sept baby like us!! Sooooooo wonderful!!! Ahhhhhhh now Im going to be super jealous and will have to live vicariously through you when you find out what you are having!! so doing a happy dance for you right now! You so deserved it to be your month x x x x x

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hi! Can I join in? I found out im pregnant a few days ago.:babym:

Welcome!!! How exciting! How far along are you? And did you sway? x x

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 03:42 AM
ha ha christmas has not been kind, i have a bump already ;-9

i wanted to wait until 20 weeks too but i've felt so it will be a releif to tell everyone! i sorta wanted to know the gender when i told people i was preggie - njot that i'm planning to share the gender........not gonna happen

Wait, people wait until TWENTY weeks in the USA? In oz it's 12 weeks that is normal announcement time, but I always have to announce really early because I'm so sick. I announced at 6 weeks both times. But also, I figure if I did loose a bub, I would want my friends and family to know, so for me there is no need to hold out until a 'safer' time.

This time I feel like shouting it from the rooftops, but am being more cautious!

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 04:43 AM
I AM SO EXCITED MEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!! I just knew it would be your month!!! :bighug:
I totally yelled out when I saw your BFP!!! My kids were like "you ok Mum??" Then I heard DD say to DS1 "Mum's baby in her tummy is making her do strange things!" lol
Yes, I get rather obsessed with looking at my BFP!!! I LOVE them hehe....
Im SUPER excited you'll be a Sept baby like us!! Sooooooo wonderful!!! Ahhhhhhh now Im going to be super jealous and will have to live vicariously through you when you find out what you are having!! so doing a happy dance for you right now! You so deserved it to be your month x x x x x

BAHAHHAHA that's so cute with dd and ds1. I'm wanting to tell my kids what's going on, because my 3.5 year old is catching on but I don't want them to tell daycare and their friends because we live in a small town!

I'm so happy I'm almost waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me!

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 05:05 AM
BAHAHHAHA that's so cute with dd and ds1. I'm wanting to tell my kids what's going on, because my 3.5 year old is catching on but I don't want them to tell daycare and their friends because we live in a small town!

I'm so happy I'm almost waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me!

Awwwwwwwwwww hun its all going to be fantastic! Im the same as you, we tell people earlier than 12wks coz I get such a bump so early. And like you, we would want the support from family and friends if something were to happen. :fx: none of us need to go through that though!!
I hope your sickness holds off! When did you get sick with your boys? Are you on the west or east coast? My DH comes from the country in the wheatbelt in WA, so the majority of our friends are country people. All from farms. My DH has a hay export company and has a hay plant we are in the process of relocating. So we have just bought a small farm 1500acres to put the plant on, however we live in the city.
Im so excited for you!

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww hun its all going to be fantastic! Im the same as you, we tell people earlier than 12wks coz I get such a bump so early. And like you, we would want the support from family and friends if something were to happen. :fx: none of us need to go through that though!!
I hope your sickness holds off! When did you get sick with your boys? Are you on the west or east coast? My DH comes from the country in the wheatbelt in WA, so the majority of our friends are country people. All from farms. My DH has a hay export company and has a hay plant we are in the process of relocating. So we have just bought a small farm 1500acres to put the plant on, however we live in the city.
Im so excited for you!

In Victoria (Australia), on the coast which is lovely. We have lived in the city too but grew up here and moved back when we had kids. The lack of services is a killer as is the lack of privacy but there are lots of perks too, and lots of good friends now.

Well, I woke up 3 times last night feeling like throwing up, and had a few times today when I felt like it too, had to stop mid-dinner and push it away. So the answer to that is my sickness starts right away! At least it reminds me something is happening in there!

I'm on the pregnancy multivitamin now and keeping up the iron I had to take because I was deficient (if my sway fails it was that, but I couldn't function without it so nothing I can do about that). Do I keep taking fibre?

Thorz300
January 31st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Did anyone else have to keep looking at their bfp to make sure it's still there/they weren't imagining it? I can't stop! Makes me smile each time!

I'm so happy you are in here!!! I just POAS yesterday to make sure it was real LOL of coarse it was a very strong BFP, I have a ton of extra internet cheapies, so why not!!! It is hard for me to wrap my head around this being my last pregnancy! I am super excited it is my last as I have really awful pregnancies!

Girlsway
January 31st, 2013, 10:34 AM

Congrats Meeks to BFP! I kept on checking till 22dpo, I was addicted. Then I thought enough is enough and I stopped. Having the first US at 6wks and 5 days and second at 9 wks was reassuring too.

WantingPink
January 31st, 2013, 10:42 AM
I was hoping to find out gender before telling everyone I'm pregnant too, but there is absolutely no way I can hide it that long!

You should see if your OB is doing MaterniT21 (or similar). Mine does and I had my blood drawn and will find out the gender of this baby in a week!! Crazy and she made it sound like it is very accurate. They also test for trisomy 21, 18 and 13. Awesome test, you should ask about it.

So when I tell people I am pregnant (in a couple of weeks) I will also be able to tell everyone it is another boy:)

Wanting-a-girl
January 31st, 2013, 10:58 AM
When does everyone see their ob's apparently where I am has been changed and I don't see on till I'm 27 weeks! That's insane really... Until then I see my gp

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 03:48 PM
THORZ and Salsa I have to let you go ahead of me.

got a + on the frer this morning. Then I got my period. Proper no mistaking it heavy period. Sigh. When will this end?

Period was late and everything. Temps started to drop though so I was feeling uncomfortable trusting the tests.

Wanting-a-girl
January 31st, 2013, 03:54 PM
I got a prescription for dialectin today for my morning sickness... I am really on the fence if I want to take it.... Opinions please! I have lost 7 pounds in the last month cause I can't eat

Wanting-a-girl
January 31st, 2013, 03:56 PM
Diclectin

Girlsway
January 31st, 2013, 05:03 PM

got a + on the frer this morning. Then I got my period. Proper no mistaking it heavy period. Sigh. When will this end?

Period was late and everything. Temps started to drop though so I was feeling uncomfortable trusting the tests.
So sorry Meeks, that's v annoying, I've been there before, a chemical just two wks before my DS2 was conceived and it felt so so bad. I had a miscarriage just before that and I was losing faith. Thoughts whether will i be able to have any more children crossed my mind. But here is he my lovely DS2, I adore him to bits!

Hang in there, I bet you will be joining us shortly!

Thorz300
January 31st, 2013, 05:39 PM

This breaks my heart to read!!! I'm so sorry! I pray next month is your month!! Hugs.........

Thorz300
January 31st, 2013, 05:41 PM
You should see if your OB is doing MaterniT21 (or similar). Mine does and I had my blood drawn and will find out the gender of this baby in a week!! Crazy and she made it sound like it is very accurate. They also test for trisomy 21, 18 and 13. Awesome test, you should ask about it.

So when I tell people I am pregnant (in a couple of weeks) I will also be able to tell everyone it is another boy:)
I've never heard of this, I'm gonna have to look into it!!

black&gold
January 31st, 2013, 05:56 PM
I got a prescription for dialectin today for my morning sickness... I am really on the fence if I want to take it.... Opinions please! I have lost 7 pounds in the last month cause I can't eat

I'm not in this group, but just saw this post. With both my boys I had to take 8 Diclectin a day for over 20 weeks. Both boys are totally fine and almost everyone I knew also took it. It's a class A drug which is the safest it can be - I personally wouldn't have a second thought in regards to taking it. It was a life saver! I literally would have been a vegetable without!

Wanting-a-girl
January 31st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Yes I do feel like a vegtable! I can't move... I lay on the bathroom floor all the time it's terrible! Did u have any side effects?

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 07:52 PM
In Victoria (Australia), on the coast which is lovely. We have lived in the city too but grew up here and moved back when we had kids. The lack of services is a killer as is the lack of privacy but there are lots of perks too, and lots of good friends now.

Well, I woke up 3 times last night feeling like throwing up, and had a few times today when I felt like it too, had to stop mid-dinner and push it away. So the answer to that is my sickness starts right away! At least it reminds me something is happening in there!

I'm on the pregnancy multivitamin now and keeping up the iron I had to take because I was deficient (if my sway fails it was that, but I couldn't function without it so nothing I can do about that). Do I keep taking fibre?

Metamucil is safe to take. I stopped taking it though once I got my BFP. But if you find you need it then thats fine. You may need it with the iron supp.
You poor thing already feeling sick. My ms kicked in early this preg too. Its been by far my worst, heading into 9 weeks in a couple of days, so im hoping I may only have a couple more weeks of it!! Wishful thinking perhaps! Did you do another test this morning to see if it was any darker?

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 07:58 PM

What?? Ive only just read this... Hey, listen, my sister didnt find out she was preg until she was 9 weeks, however she had 2 periods in that time!!!! IT CAN HAPPEN!! I urge you to go to doc for a blood test!!!! to be sure. Im soooooo sorry this is happening. But it may just be a little bump in the road x x x let me know what happens

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Meeks, your hcg must of been getting stronger for you to get a + on frer this morning when you were getting a - yesterday on it.... I just would feel better about things if you got a blood test to be sure.... Big hugs, its such a rollercoster ride I know. Its been rough x x

meeks32
January 31st, 2013, 09:02 PM
Thank you ladies. I am so grateful for your support and don't know what I'd do without it.

I have the niagra falls of periods today, there is no mistaking it! Thanks body. Not! Soaked a super tampon in 1hr!

This is my third chemical in 8 months of TTC. Just wish I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I hate the diet but I also REALLY believe in it. So I can't drop it but have relaxed it a bit. I'm going to have to add exercise back in for sanity. Will do some walking/jogging I think. My hormones go mad when I don't, and I get super cranky and aggressive. I figure walking must lower my t levels for me personally because it controls my t symptoms.

I am keeping my doc appointment Tuesday and will get all my levels checked to see what's going on.

black&gold
January 31st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Yes I do feel like a vegtable! I can't move... I lay on the bathroom floor all the time it's terrible! Did u have any side effects?

It makes you really tired - however I was taking the maximum dose (some say that's only 4 but I had to take 8 to function) so you do get quite tired.. but I'd take that any day over constant sickness. Aside from that, nothing!

Salsa
January 31st, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thank you ladies. I am so grateful for your support and don't know what I'd do without it.

I have the niagra falls of periods today, there is no mistaking it! Thanks body. Not! Soaked a super tampon in 1hr!

This is my third chemical in 8 months of TTC. Just wish I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I hate the diet but I also REALLY believe in it. So I can't drop it but have relaxed it a bit. I'm going to have to add exercise back in for sanity. Will do some walking/jogging I think. My hormones go mad when I don't, and I get super cranky and aggressive. I figure walking must lower my t levels for me personally because it controls my t symptoms.

I am keeping my doc appointment Tuesday and will get all my levels checked to see what's going on.

Good idea about your doc appoint. How long did it take for you to conceive your boys? Im sure you prob will mention this anyway, but make sure you let them know this is now your 3rd chemical in a row... They might find this good grounds to do further investigations. In my experience (through work) many girls that start to get investigations done, fall preg pretty quickly. There is alot to be said about relaxing a bit as its now in someone else's hands. Amazing what the power of the mind is capable of. Like you said, if walking/jogging is good for your stress levels, then thats the BEST thing for you.
I know the diet is so tiring.... I had had enough of it after 7 months, I think in the end I'd get more disappointed I'd have to be on the diet another month over actually not being pregnant.... Loosen up on it a bit, still sticking to the main elements of it. Atomic always says, the perfect sway doesnt guarentee your desired gender. There are many girls on here that did loose sways and still ended up with their desired gender. Like me, I was never going to get pregnant with the strict sway I was attempting every month. I was disappointed at this coz I wanted to know I tried my absolute best and then what ever the outcome was it was... But by loosening up on it a bit doesnt throw it all out the window. Do what you need to do this month to just stay in the game.
Thinking of you!!! x x
And we're not leaving you behind, we'll be following you all the way!!

meeks32
February 1st, 2013, 02:41 AM
Good idea about your doc appoint. How long did it take for you to conceive your boys? Im sure you prob will mention this anyway, but make sure you let them know this is now your 3rd chemical in a row... They might find this good grounds to do further investigations. In my experience (through work) many girls that start to get investigations done, fall preg pretty quickly. There is alot to be said about relaxing a bit as its now in someone else's hands. Amazing what the power of the mind is capable of. Like you said, if walking/jogging is good for your stress levels, then thats the BEST thing for you.
I know the diet is so tiring.... I had had enough of it after 7 months, I think in the end I'd get more disappointed I'd have to be on the diet another month over actually not being pregnant.... Loosen up on it a bit, still sticking to the main elements of it. Atomic always says, the perfect sway doesnt guarentee your desired gender. There are many girls on here that did loose sways and still ended up with their desired gender. Like me, I was never going to get pregnant with the strict sway I was attempting every month. I was disappointed at this coz I wanted to know I tried my absolute best and then what ever the outcome was it was... But by loosening up on it a bit doesnt throw it all out the window. Do what you need to do this month to just stay in the game.
Thinking of you!!! x x
And we're not leaving you behind, we'll be following you all the way!!

Thanks salsa that's so true and I agree with everything you said.

I'm so glad I have you ladies, you know what my good friend said about it? "Oh, bummer, better luck next time, at least trying isn't too bad". WTF? I HATE THIS! I HATE THE DIET AND THE TRYING AND THE FALSE HOPE ALL THE TIME! Grrrr 8 months later and I'm so over it. Well I'm not, but it's more than slightly disappointing, you know?

The diet is my hardest bit too, and to be honest I am more disappointed to be swaying another month than trying. The diet, the opk's, the temping, urgh! I don't get stressed from it at the time but by the end of the month I can't wait for a bfp to not have to do it anymore!

Salsa
February 1st, 2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks salsa that's so true and I agree with everything you said.

I'm so glad I have you ladies, you know what my good friend said about it? "Oh, bummer, better luck next time, at least trying isn't too bad". WTF? I HATE THIS! I HATE THE DIET AND THE TRYING AND THE FALSE HOPE ALL THE TIME! Grrrr 8 months later and I'm so over it. Well I'm not, but it's more than slightly disappointing, you know?

The diet is my hardest bit too, and to be honest I am more disappointed to be swaying another month than trying. The diet, the opk's, the temping, urgh! I don't get stressed from it at the time but by the end of the month I can't wait for a bfp to not have to do it anymore!

Its hard when your closest friends dont offer the support you need. I guess thats the great thing about this site. We all know how very exhausting it is as we are all, or have just been going through the exact same thing.
I was sooooooo over DTD! It became so mechanical. Especially when we arent even meant to have the big O.... Hang in there, this is the hardest part of the month. You feel miserable with such a heavy period and it feels like yet another big mountain to climb. But take your soy again, focus on what you need to do on a daily basis, try not to think its a whole month away again before getting that BFP... just take one day at a time. Before you know it, it will be time for your attempt/s and then just over a week after that you can test.... I used to find if I broke it down a bit like that it seemed easier to get through each little phase of the month. We're all here for you. This baby is worth waiting for, trust me. :happy:

meeks32
February 1st, 2013, 04:16 AM
Its hard when your closest friends dont offer the support you need. I guess thats the great thing about this site. We all know how very exhausting it is as we are all, or have just been going through the exact same thing.
I was sooooooo over DTD! It became so mechanical. Especially when we arent even meant to have the big O.... Hang in there, this is the hardest part of the month. You feel miserable with such a heavy period and it feels like yet another big mountain to climb. But take your soy again, focus on what you need to do on a daily basis, try not to think its a whole month away again before getting that BFP... just take one day at a time. Before you know it, it will be time for your attempt/s and then just over a week after that you can test.... I used to find if I broke it down a bit like that it seemed easier to get through each little phase of the month. We're all here for you. This baby is worth waiting for, trust me. :happy:

Big hugs that's just what i needed to hear. My friends (2) that know I'm swaying got so annoying telling me to stop and to gain weight that I told them I'd stopped. The one I was talking about didn't know I was swaying but also she conceived her two girls naturally and quickly (1st month) so she doesn't understand. Neither did I before TTC #3. I conceived my ds 1 and 2 so fast. One on the pill (oops) and the other first month off!

Salsa
February 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Big hugs that's just what i needed to hear. My friends (2) that know I'm swaying got so annoying telling me to stop and to gain weight that I told them I'd stopped. The one I was talking about didn't know I was swaying but also she conceived her two girls naturally and quickly (1st month) so she doesn't understand. Neither did I before TTC #3. I conceived my ds 1 and 2 so fast. One on the pill (oops) and the other first month off!

All the more reason why this baby is going to be so special. Good things are worth the wait! Maybe if you'd conceived more quickly, it might of been a boy! Maybe that :pinksperm: is just choosing her time perfectly, like most females we always like to be fashionably late lol... I know you prob arent having much alcohol, but maybe having a glass of wine might help things feel a bit easier! WIll help your body and mind relax.
I think its a great thing you still have doc appoint tues. So that can be your first milestone for the month to get through. Think about the things you are going to address with the doc. 3 chemicals in 8 months of trying. Mention how quickly the boys took to conceive. Then make sure you get blood taken to be sure this has been another chemical and your not infact still pregnant (it happens alot!) Even Atomic said its happened to her. This might be the green flag for your doc to start doing a few more investigations. However I wouldnt mention you're swaying. Docs tend to diagree with it and then they may not be inclined to help. Mention your short LP - even though this is lengthening with your soy. Im sure you know all these things to say!!

meeks32
February 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
All the more reason why this baby is going to be so special. Good things are worth the wait! Maybe if you'd conceived more quickly, it might of been a boy! Maybe that :pinksperm: is just choosing her time perfectly, like most females we always like to be fashionably late lol... I know you prob arent having much alcohol, but maybe having a glass of wine might help things feel a bit easier! WIll help your body and mind relax.
I think its a great thing you still have doc appoint tues. So that can be your first milestone for the month to get through. Think about the things you are going to address with the doc. 3 chemicals in 8 months of trying. Mention how quickly the boys took to conceive. Then make sure you get blood taken to be sure this has been another chemical and your not infact still pregnant (it happens alot!) Even Atomic said its happened to her. This might be the green flag for your doc to start doing a few more investigations. However I wouldnt mention you're swaying. Docs tend to diagree with it and then they may not be inclined to help. Mention your short LP - even though this is lengthening with your soy. Im sure you know all these things to say!!

That's my plan.

See even though my LP lengthened, my temp still drops at a similar 10 dpo, just af has started waiting til 12dpo. So it's like my body still tries to have a 10 day LP, but it doesn't manifest for 2 more days since soy.

Salsa
February 2nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
That's my plan.

See even though my LP lengthened, my temp still drops at a similar 10 dpo, just af has started waiting til 12dpo. So it's like my body still tries to have a 10 day LP, but it doesn't manifest for 2 more days since soy.

Hmmmm interesting, it must be very frustrating no doubt! Let me know how the doc appoint goes on tues. Hopefully you get some answers. And soon it wil be time to attempt again x x

meeks32
February 2nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Omg omg I just realised something... My temps are still high. As in, they dropped, but not to cover line. In fact, they are still 0.6 of a degree (f) higher than they usually are during af. Could this mean I am still pg? I still have a faint line on my cheap tests.

Thorz300
February 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Omg omg I just realised something... My temps are still high. As in, they dropped, but not to cover line. In fact, they are still 0.6 of a degree (f) higher than they usually are during af. Could this mean I am still pg? I still have a faint line on my cheap tests.
I sure hope so!!!! Can you go get a FRER? When is your dr appt that you were going to keep? Have your dr do a blood test. Are you still bleeding? Even if you are, I've been watching the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and nearly all of them said they still got their period! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Salsa
February 2nd, 2013, 10:30 PM

Ahhhh Meeks!!!! I soooooooo hope so!!!!!! Can you get hold of another frer? Make sure you get that blood test on tues!! What a rollercoster of a month for you. You can totally have a 'period' and still be pregnant. There is a thing called a Sub-chorionic haemorrhage, which is the cause for alot of first and second trimester bleeding. Its a collection of blood which will bleed mimicking a period. There are several different types of haemorrhages you can get within the uterus, quite common that will make you bleed throughout a pregnancy. Depending on the size of the haemorrhage, it will either be re absorbed into your system or bleed through the vagina. Most of the time it doesnt impact of the developing pregnancy.

meeks32
February 2nd, 2013, 11:35 PM
Ahhhh Meeks!!!! I soooooooo hope so!!!!!! Can you get hold of another frer? Make sure you get that blood test on tues!! What a rollercoster of a month for you. You can totally have a 'period' and still be pregnant. There is a thing called a Sub-chorionic haemorrhage, which is the cause for alot of first and second trimester bleeding. Its a collection of blood which will bleed mimicking a period. There are several different types of haemorrhages you can get within the uterus, quite common that will make you bleed throughout a pregnancy. Depending on the size of the haemorrhage, it will either be re absorbed into your system or bleed through the vagina. Most of the time it doesnt impact of the developing pregnancy.

I've been googling that stuff like mad. But Charlee tells me with her chemical her temps stayed high and she had pos tests for 5 days after af. So could go either way.

My tests aren't fading but haven't gotten darker either. Bleeding stopped this morning so I bled for 2 days then just super light spotting today, not enough for a panty liner even.

Today temps skyrocketed. No idea what's going on.

I can't get a frer because our supermarket doesn't have ANY preg tests and our pharmacy is closed (Sunday)... Urgh small towns! But my tests are only faint pos and until I see them darken I'll remain skeptical.

I did a digi this morning at the same time as my cheap ones and it said not pregnant. This is maybe a sign. But then my temp is rising and my cheapies still have a second line. I don't know!

I've had no cramping at all. Doesn't FEEL like af.

meeks32
February 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
I sure hope so!!!! Can you go get a FRER? When is your dr appt that you were going to keep? Have your dr do a blood test. Are you still bleeding? Even if you are, I've been watching the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and nearly all of them said they still got their period! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

See my salsa reply re bleeding, but thanks for this, makes me feel better even if its false hope!

The bleeding was strange watery red not thick and dark like af usually is. I don't know what to think anymore!

Salsa
February 3rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
I've been googling that stuff like mad. But Charlee tells me with her chemical her temps stayed high and she had pos tests for 5 days after af. So could go either way.

My tests aren't fading but haven't gotten darker either. Bleeding stopped this morning so I bled for 2 days then just super light spotting today, not enough for a panty liner even.

Today temps skyrocketed. No idea what's going on.

I can't get a frer because our supermarket doesn't have ANY preg tests and our pharmacy is closed (Sunday)... Urgh small towns! But my tests are only faint pos and until I see them darken I'll remain skeptical.

I did a digi this morning at the same time as my cheap ones and it said not pregnant. This is maybe a sign. But then my temp is rising and my cheapies still have a second line. I don't know!

I've had no cramping at all. Doesn't FEEL like af.

Sometimes it just totally sucks being a girl! Our bodies are capable of amazing things, but on the other hand, they can be so unpredictable and leaves us asking so many questions. As you said, it can go both ways. Will see what the doc says tues. I know how frustrating it is. One moment you get excited. The next it feels like there is no hope. I still say its not a total loss. I believe there are too many factors here that say otherwise. I have fingers, toes, legs everything I can crossed for you that you get some positive news from all this. Have you asked Atomic what she thinks?

Mum to three girls
February 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
I've just realised I'm here as well! By LMP I'm due on the 30th although I know I didn't ovulate till day 17/18 but I tend to go into labour before my due date (well, I've had 38, 40 and 39 week onset of labour) so the end of Sep is as good a date as any.

I'm six weeks tomorrow and so far so good - I have weird vertigo but minimal sickness (yet). I'm tired but micro rests help. My big girls are both at school now so that helps. I'm determined not to stack the weight on this time round, I put on loads with DD3 which did all come off but it took a while. Hopefully less sickness will help as I won't be constantly stuffing myself to keep my blood sugar stable. I miss running already and I had great ideas about gentle jogging in the first trimester but I feel too unsteady. I think I'll aim for getting out for a 30-40 minute walk 4-5 times a week and maybe a few swims. I just get so lethargic when I'm preggers.

Meeks, I know two people who had bleeding like you're describing. The first had a roller coaster of rising betas on blood test only for the pregnancy to fail after a week and the other had a stupidly low HCG on first test (like 16) only to have great rises and go on to have a normal pregnancy.

Hoping for the latter!

meeks32
February 3rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks ladies, my preg test was negative today so it appears I did loose it, maybe it just took a while for the hcg to drop. My temps are still up but craving said hers took almost a week to drop then she o'd immediately. So we'll see.

I'll leave you here but good luck for all your pregnancies and pink dust to those who swayed pink, I have lots of blue dust for those who need it too!

Mum to three girls
February 3rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sorry Meeks. Hopefully next cycle.

fish2012
February 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
oh meeks that's sh*te! so sorry for you hun, you've got three months to join this due date thread praying you'll come join us so soon xx

Wanting-a-girl
February 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
So sorry Meeks :(

luvalittleman
February 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I've just realised I'm here as well! By LMP I'm due on the 30th although I know I didn't ovulate till day 17/18 but I tend to go into labour before my due date (well, I've had 38, 40 and 39 week onset of labour) so the end of Sep is as good a date as any.

I'm six weeks tomorrow and so far so good - I have weird vertigo but minimal sickness (yet). I'm tired but micro rests help. My big girls are both at school now so that helps. I'm determined not to stack the weight on this time round, I put on loads with DD3 which did all come off but it took a while. Hopefully less sickness will help as I won't be constantly stuffing myself to keep my blood sugar stable. I miss running already and I had great ideas about gentle jogging in the first trimester but I feel too unsteady. I think I'll aim for getting out for a 30-40 minute walk 4-5 times a week and maybe a few swims. I just get so lethargic when I'm preggers.

Meeks, I know two people who had bleeding like you're describing. The first had a roller coaster of rising betas on blood test only for the pregnancy to fail after a week and the other had a stupidly low HCG on first test (like 16) only to have great rises and go on to have a normal pregnancy.

Hoping for the latter!

Meeks, Am sorry for the rough ride you've had. Hang in there.:happy:

Mum23, I am about 4 weeks ahead of you (due 1/09) and in the same boat. Have 3 little girls (2 off to school and 1 at home). Am desperately hoping this last one is a little boy. I am having my Nuchal and CVS in 2 weeks today (CVS because I am 39) and am feeling nervous already!! I have had some vivid dreams this time - it's a boy but there's problems...it's twins....I obviously have more anxiety with this baby.
So far I have turned into a food monster which was not the case with the other three pregnancies. Only put on between 12kg - 15kg with the girls who were all just under or just over 4kg. This time I have developed an intense fondness for big macs (seriously may have been 5 years since I had one previously) and meat, salty foods, pickles, mashed potato....previously it was chocolate with the girls but that does nothing for me at all now.
I have also had constant nausea for about 8 weeks now which I didn't have previously...all looks good on paper but there's several mums on here that will swear they had completely different pregnancies/cravings and same sexes so who knows.
Anyone on here have a strong gut feeling about if their sway is successful?
I have been sure 3 times now I was carrying a boy so I have learnt NOT to listen to my intuition. :sigh:

Salsa
February 4th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks ladies, my preg test was negative today so it appears I did loose it, maybe it just took a while for the hcg to drop. My temps are still up but craving said hers took almost a week to drop then she o'd immediately. So we'll see.

I'll leave you here but good luck for all your pregnancies and pink dust to those who swayed pink, I have lots of blue dust for those who need it too!

Sorry hun, We'll see you soon though. Good luck for the doc tomorrow x x

Mum to three girls
February 4th, 2013, 04:23 AM

Mum23, I am about 4 weeks ahead of you (due 1/09) and in the same boat. Have 3 little girls (2 off to school and 1 at home). Am desperately hoping this last one is a little boy. I am having my Nuchal and CVS in 2 weeks today (CVS because I am 39) and am feeling nervous already!! I have had some vivid dreams this time - it's a boy but there's problems...it's twins....I obviously have more anxiety with this baby.
So far I have turned into a food monster which was not the case with the other three pregnancies. Only put on between 12kg - 15kg with the girls who were all just under or just over 4kg. This time I have developed an intense fondness for big macs (seriously may have been 5 years since I had one previously) and meat, salty foods, pickles, mashed potato....previously it was chocolate with the girls but that does nothing for me at all now.
I have also had constant nausea for about 8 weeks now which I didn't have previously...all looks good on paper but there's several mums on here that will swear they had completely different pregnancies/cravings and same sexes so who knows.
I have been sure 3 times now I was carrying a boy so I have learnt NOT to listen to my intuition. :sigh:

I'm 39 too! We live near an awesome radiology centre for "high risk" women so at this stage if the nuchal and bloods are reassuring I probably won't do a CVS or amnio. It's one of those places where you get scanned and then see a fetal medicine specialist afterwards. I may still change my mind though!

I have an overwhelming fear of twins as well, four I can cope with, I think cos three is going OK and I'd love DD3 to have a friend close in age but five would tip me over. I'm reassured by how I'm not feeling big though, my friends with twins complained they felt big by now so FX.

I can't believe how little morning sickness I have - so different to the others - but I'm trying not to over interpret every little thing. I hope we're both having boys though.

Thorz300
February 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Ugh I am going to gain so much weight if I don't throw food away!!! So we had a Super Bowl party at our house last night and I ate SO MUCH food! I figured it would be ok to do for one day, the problem is we have a LOT OF FOOD left over, and if I allow it to stay in my house, then I will gain weight way too fast!!! I have left over Brownies, lots of candy, Spinach Artichoke dip, chili con queso dip, lots of chips, pistachios (yum I love) and much much more..... I need to invite more people over tonight just to eat my food!!!! I really want to keep my weight in check with this pregnancy because I gained so very much with my last pregnancy!

luvalittleman
February 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I'm salivating reading your post Thorz....

Elements
February 4th, 2013, 04:08 PM

I have a gut feeling im carrying a boy this time. I dont know why, But I dont want to get my hopes up so I keep telling myself this is a girl. The waiting is killing me though!

Thorz300
February 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I have a gut feeling im carrying a boy this time. I dont know why, But I dont want to get my hopes up so I keep telling myself this is a girl. The waiting is killing me though!

I feel I am having a girl......but I am afraid to totally rely on my gut feeling, I don't want to get my hopes up..... I hope you are right with yours!

Northern_Shutterbug
February 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I'm eating for Britain right now. Today I've had

2 pieces of toast
three (yes, THREE!) tuna, mayo and sweetcorn sandwiches - to be fair they were on small 100 calorie flatbread rolls.
quarter of a banofee pie (minus the cream)
half a pizza with chips
fortune cookie and chocolate mini eggs!

To be fair today's been a bad day - I sold my beloved car and I've been VERY upset by it. I didn't want to sell it, I honestly loved it, but it was costing a third of its value every year in road tax and insurance, then probably another third in repairs and fuel!

I miss you Brutus! :tissue:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11758_10151246188826333_1166366093_n.jpg

Dreamofpink
February 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Lovely car Northern, can understand your sadness at it going! :(

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Thorz300
February 4th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I give up!!!! I am not going to cook for my children anymore!!! I try my hardest to find food that they will like, and then I make them something that I think, "for sure they are just going to gobble this up!" But in reality they wont even touch it!!! I guess they can just live off of PB&J for the next 5+ years, it will be easier on all of us!!! Sorry I just had to vent!!!!

luvalittleman
February 4th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Elements, I am convincing myself it's a girl because I've always been so sure before it was a boy...I hope we get one.
Thorz, I have recently hit the jackpots with dinners - this may help.
My girls are 3, 5 and 7 so not sure of the comparison but I have discovered that anything that begins with "make your own...." is a success.
For example, we do make your own burger night. Lean mince with garlic and onion finely minced and then just put sliced cheese, tomato, beetroot, lettuce, avocado and rolls on the table. Same for make your own burrito or taco night, make your own chicken salad night (BBQ Chicken and then a platter with boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby beetroot, pineapple, etc... you can include anything). I usually make a spicier beans or meat version for the Mexican night and do some onions for DH and I on burger night.
Anyway, it works well in our house so maybe you try a version that suits your house's tastes?

Salsa
February 4th, 2013, 09:59 PM

2 pieces of toast
three (yes, THREE!) tuna, mayo and sweetcorn sandwiches - to be fair they were on small 100 calorie flatbread rolls.
half a pizza with chips

To be fair today's been a bad day - I sold my beloved car and I've been VERY upset by it. I didn't want to sell it, I honestly loved it, but it was costing a third of its value every year in road tax and insurance, then probably another third in repairs and fuel!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11758_10151246188826333_1166366093_n.jpg

I have the same car. I love it. Sorry you had to sell, I'd be gutted too :sad:

Salsa
February 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I give up!!!! I am not going to cook for my children anymore!!! I try my hardest to find food that they will like, and then I make them something that I think, "for sure they are just going to gobble this up!" But in reality they wont even touch it!!! I guess they can just live off of PB&J for the next 5+ years, it will be easier on all of us!!! Sorry I just had to vent!!!!

I have the fussiest kids too!!! I hate every meal time. Its such a struggle!! Hate hate hate it!! Maybe this baby will be different and like anything??!! Wishful thinking!

Longingforgirl
February 5th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Hi,

may I join you guys? I have not yet been able to write anything, I was in such a shock when I found out that I am pregnant and I had a hard time getting adjusted to the situation. Still a little paralyzed though but I am getting better :happy:
We were planning to go HT because I couldn't imagine going through the baby phase for "just" another boy again. And I soooo wanted a daughter...

Well, now I'm here. Didn't sway (my diet at that time was a total boy sway though) and I just know that I am having my third boy. Until proven otherwise I can still have hope though..

Just like all of you. I hope somehow everyone here gets their desired gender this time.

Now I am going to read this thread to catch up :happy:

Thanks for listening! Hoping we are all having exciting and happy 7 or 8 more months.

luvalittleman
February 5th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Longingforgirl and welcome.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. The same happened to me and I did go on to have my 3rd daughter which caused some initial GD. I know many people who swear they did nothing different and had opposites though so you just never know.
What's done is done but I will tell you, you will not love this baby any less if it is a boy. Once you hold your baby in your arms the sex doesn't matter, at least it didn't for me despite initial GD.
I was never having more than 3 and yet here I am 10 weeks pregnant after a good boy sway. Am so glad I had DD3, she is hilarious and such a special addition to our family but have separated my desire for a son with the birth of another daughter now, which I think most people end up doing.
I really hope you do have a little girl cooking in there, but in case you don't, it will all work out fine in the end.

Mum to three girls
February 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hi Longingforgirl.

I am soo tired today. DD3 woke me at night (not unusual) but then DD2 (who was always a horrible sleeper) woke up after a bad dream and didn't go to sleep for hours. After she came in about five times DH went in to settle her (I had to prod him to wake up) whereupon they BOTH went to sleep but of course I couldn't sleep at all. Crazy pregnancy insomnia.

The baby is asleep now and DH will get irritated that I didn't nap too but there's a whole heap of laundry etc that if I don't do it won't get done and the girls won't have clean ballet gear for tomorrow. I'm working tomorrow so I'd rather get the boring house chores done now than later tonight.

I'm sure Shouty Mummy will make an appearance this evening.

luvalittleman
February 5th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Damn pregnancy...sounds like you needed a wine.
Let DH put the girls to bed and take yourself off early. I did it Sunday arvo at 4pm as I had a stomach upset and stayed there while he cooked them dinner and put them to bed (seriously, about the 5th time in 15 years he's cooked dinner!!).

Northern_Shutterbug
February 6th, 2013, 04:45 AM
After a busy day yesterday I had a a very weak white wine spritzer - was gorgeous! Was tipsy after a glass though :beer:

luvalittleman
February 6th, 2013, 03:48 PM
While I haven't felt like alcohol this pregnancy, I have enjoyed the odd wine during previous ones. I would like to disclose that I am NOT a doctor (hey, bet no one is surprised at that little gem) but women have enjoyed the odd wine at dinner for centuries - pregnant or not and had healthy happy babies.

So on a different note, for those that have had morning sickness before, when does this thing end???? I have developed this awful pattern hat is beginning to feel like groundhog day.....
Feel normal in the morning....by 12pm, I am virtually falling asleep and almost weeping with fatigue. Lie down and recharge batteries for an hour. Then up feeling about 30% . The MS kicks in at about 4pm every day and by dinner I am feeling wretched....but also starving?? My taste buds seem to have taken on a new life and are enjoying food like never before despite the protest from my stomach and head. By 7.30, I want to go to bed and feel the worst.

Thorz300
February 7th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I wish I had an answer for you. I have never had morning sickness with my 3 boys, this pregnancy I have mild morning sickness in the morning but if I eat toast it subsides. I know how you feel about your taste buds wanting to eat everything, I think I may have already gained 5 lbs! Ugh

Longingforgirl
February 7th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Luvalittleman, how far along are you? I am still feeling a little sick as well, but it's not really bad, I suppose it's just how Thorz is feeling. The hunger and cravings are bad though, lol. I could eat all day long. And I keep on gaining weight.. so awful..
But MS should subside after 10 or 12 weeks, sometimes a little later. Sometimes it can last during the whole pregnancy, but I don't want to scare you and I think this doesen't happen that often. Did you feel differently during the pregnancies with your girls?
Hope it will quickly go away. Mine just went almost away within 2 days or so. Now I just have to vomit in the morning when I am brushing my teeth... TMI, I'm sorry... :oops: didn't intend to make you feel worse than you already do.. :cool:
Hope you are feeling better soon!

luvalittleman
February 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Luvalittleman, how far along are you? I am still feeling a little sick as well, but it's not really bad, I suppose it's just how Thorz is feeling. The hunger and cravings are bad though, lol. I could eat all day long. And I keep on gaining weight.. so awful..
But MS should subside after 10 or 12 weeks, sometimes a little later. Sometimes it can last during the whole pregnancy, but I don't want to scare you and I think this doesen't happen that often. Did you feel differently during the pregnancies with your girls?
Hope it will quickly go away. Mine just went almost away within 2 days or so. Now I just have to vomit in the morning when I am brushing my teeth... TMI, I'm sorry... :oops: didn't intend to make you feel worse than you already do.. :cool:
Hope you are feeling better soon!

You didn't make me feel worse, thanks for replying.
I am 11 weeks tomorrow and while I haven't vomited, I just feel very queazy. It's a combination though because I get a headache, feel really tired and queazy all at once so I just fee dreadful.
Am feeling positive that it is going to finish next week and the 2nd trimester second wind will kick in soon....

fish2012
February 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM

2 pieces of toast
half a pizza with chips

ha ha my bad days have been far worse than that!

that was the car we were gonna buy until i see the fuel consumption ;-S we have a touran - not entirley the car of dreams!

fish2012
February 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
hey longingforagirl hope this is your dd x

fish2012
February 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hi Longingforgirl.

I am soo tired today. DD3 woke me at night (not unusual) but then DD2 (who was always a horrible sleeper) woke up after a bad dream and didn't go to sleep for hours. After she came in about five times DH went in to settle her (I had to prod him to wake up) whereupon they BOTH went to sleep but of course I couldn't sleep at all. Crazy pregnancy insomnia.

The baby is asleep now and DH will get irritated that I didn't nap too but there's a whole heap of laundry etc that if I don't do it won't get done and the girls won't have clean ballet gear for tomorrow. I'm working tomorrow so I'd rather get the boring house chores done now than later tonight.

I'm sure Shouty Mummy will make an appearance this evening.

oh god i've been shouty mummy all week, hoping this is going to get better soon ;-)

i've never had pregenacy insomminia before it's awful....fx it's a good sign!

fish2012
February 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
While I haven't felt like alcohol this pregnancy, I have enjoyed the odd wine during previous ones. I would like to disclose that I am NOT a doctor (hey, bet no one is surprised at that little gem) but women have enjoyed the odd wine at dinner for centuries - pregnant or not and had healthy happy babies.

So on a different note, for those that have had morning sickness before, when does this thing end???? I have developed this awful pattern hat is beginning to feel like groundhog day.....
Feel normal in the morning....by 12pm, I am virtually falling asleep and almost weeping with fatigue. Lie down and recharge batteries for an hour. Then up feeling about 30% . The MS kicks in at about 4pm every day and by dinner I am feeling wretched....but also starving?? My taste buds seem to have taken on a new life and are enjoying food like never before despite the protest from my stomach and head. By 7.30, I want to go to bed and feel the worst.

sounds like my day! never had MS before but last couple of days i havn't felt quiet so bad! how far along are you? x

luvalittleman
February 8th, 2013, 02:45 AM
sounds like my day! never had MS before but last couple of days i havn't felt quiet so bad! how far along are you? x

11 Weeks tomorrow! MS appears to have nothing to do with being hungry/blood sugar levels. I am beginning to think it depends on what I eat...too many carbs and not enough protein makes me sick. Overeating makes me sick. Eating fatty protein makes me sick. Will have to monitor what is working and what isn't....

Northern_Shutterbug
February 8th, 2013, 04:44 AM
ha ha my bad days have been far worse than that!

that was the car we were gonna buy until i see the fuel consumption ;-S we have a touran - not entirley the car of dreams!

Yep, it was very fuel heavy - 20mpg. Got my new car now which feels tiny and I'm dreading driving next to big lorries on the motorway ;( I always felt safer in the Volvo, especially if I put my foot down it'd go and could get us out of trouble.

I'm not far off convincing hubby to let me buy another Volvo but newer and a diesel and he has my new car as he's fallen in love with it ;)

Longingforgirl
February 8th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Oh a Volvo sounds just great! I love big cars as well. :happy:
But this car thing seems to be getting a big problem with three kids now. We have no idea which car we are going to buy. But fact is, three kids won't fit in our current one.

Are you all getting new cars sometime before birth?

We are visiting friends and family from tomorrow on and I probably won't be able to write until next Sunday. Hope I won't miss too much :happy: Have missed so much already. But I'll catch up as soon as I'm back. :happy:

Hope you are all having a great week and MS is fading for everyone here. Haha, speaking of which, I am vomitting every morning while brushing my teeth. My parents don't know anything about the pregnancy yet and I want it to stay that way. I just hope noone will notice or hear those morning noises... also I'm getting huge already. I don't want to tell my parents yet and I am so hoping they won't ask.... my dad is so anti another kid. Although it's really none of their business but he doesen't care of course.

Have you guys told your family already? Was everybody happy or did you have a hard time telling them?

luvalittleman
February 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Haven't told family yet. They will all think we are mad so they can get nicked as far as I'm concerned.
I think it comes with age but you do get to a point where you simply stop caring about other peoples negativity and judgement. AS far as I'm concerned, DH and I are doing what we want with our lives. They had their turns and they both (Mothers) decided to stop at 2. I don't judge them on that so I expect the same manners and consideration in return. If I don't get it, they will get the cold shoulder for as long as I feel like it...

Northern_Shutterbug
February 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
We've just bought an Alfa Romeo 159 sportwagon

http://gomotors.net/pics/Alfa%20Romeo/alfa-romeo-159-sportwagon-05.jpg

It fits a maxi cosi car seat with base for baby, a big high back booster and then a small booster cushion. There are other cars that would be better but hubby really wanted it :rolleyes:

The cars we found with the most room were Range Rovers (pretty much all of them), Volvo V70, XC90, XC60, S40. Honda FRV. Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.

We struggled with BMW 5 series as the middle seat is really narrow.

I found a good website which did tests but it was Australian so didn't have many European cars. I'll try to find it again.

We went to a large car supermarket armed with the maxi cosi, booster and cushion, then just went from car to car!

Northern_Shutterbug
February 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Here's that website

http://gomotors.net/pics/Alfa%20Romeo/alfa-romeo-159-sportwagon-05.jpg

Longingforgirl
February 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Northern, thanks for the link! That idea is great, taking all the seats and going from car to car! I love that :agree:

Luvalittleman, that's true, yes, and I do not truly care what he thinks, I just don't want to be there when he judges me, lol. But you're totally right of course. Thanks :happy:

fish2012
February 9th, 2013, 03:55 AM
11 Weeks tomorrow! MS appears to have nothing to do with being hungry/blood sugar levels. I am beginning to think it depends on what I eat...too many carbs and not enough protein makes me sick. Overeating makes me sick. Eating fatty protein makes me sick. Will have to monitor what is working and what isn't....

i'm finding fat okay but need to stay low carb no sugar, yesturday i was doing really well until 2pm when I HAD to eat was in the car only thing I had were so haribo ;-9 felt so ill for the rest of the day ;-S have really noticed a difference since i stopped eating sugar

fish2012
February 9th, 2013, 03:59 AM
oh car was going to fail the MOT so we had to get rid of it as so yes have bought a 7 seater (i keep the back seats down) as we're really trying to keep this secret until 12 weeks, all my three will be in car seats so have found only 7 seaters will fit three car seats not so bad if your older ones are old enough for boosters thou.

it's a phase we will ditch when ds1 is big enough for a booster (he's not a big guy!)

luvalittleman
February 9th, 2013, 05:18 AM
What's Haribo?
I keep mixed nuts in the car with extra walnuts.
In saying that, I ate really well today:
Breakfast was Chai tea with Baked beans on grain bread.
Morning tea (OK I cracked and had a donut with the kids)
Lunch was turkey breast on W/grain with avocado, tomato, cheese and mayo.
Afternoon tea was cheese and crackers and watermelon.
Slept from 1pm to 3pm (completely passed out)
Still got bloody MS at 4pm...
I give up.

p.s. I have managed to fit 3 children all in either child seats or boosters in the back of a 15 year old Mistubishi Magna Station wagon for the last 3 years. I would post a picture up against your beautiful swanky cars just to give you a laugh but I don't know how to do that...
We are currently looking at buying a house and that means I get to buy a new car finally (woo hoo). Will also be looking at a 7 seater so am stalking your comments on what is good.

Mum to three girls
February 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Oh my goodness I am sooo sleepy! Not at all sick but just exhausted. At least the two big girls have school tomorrow. DH is normally pretty good but he's had his grump on today so it's been a long one.

strawberrymom
February 10th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone and congrats on your pregnancies! I am in the October group and was peeking in here and saw all the stuff about car seats. We are going from 2 to 3 and have found the Diono Radian carseat which can fit 3 across in pretty much any car or suv and they are super safe (alot of the reviews on them come from emts). Just ordered one yesterday. Might be a good option if you love your current car?
Best wishes to all.

fish2012
February 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Haribo super sugary sweets!

Slightly better day today but really need to get a handle on this sister in law gets married in June wanna look half way reasonable ;-)

Wanting-a-girl
February 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Diclectin has literally saved my life... I'm still throwing up some days but it's so much better than what it was....

When's everyone's 12 week u/s? Mine is on feb 25!!!!! :D

Northern_Shutterbug
February 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM
12 week scan on 1st March when I'll actually be 13 weeks

18 week gender scan on 6th April!

Wanting-a-girl
February 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
That's awesome that's when I wanted mine to be too cause I would be 13 weeks but the u/s place said no cause I didn't have a dating u/s :S

luvalittleman
February 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Diclectin has literally saved my life... I'm still throwing up some days but it's so much better than what it was....

When's everyone's 12 week u/s? Mine is on feb 25!!!!! :D

I'm next Monday 18th Feb....

Wanting-a-girl
February 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
So exciting a you getting a nub shot?

Thorz300
February 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I go in for the first time feb 28th I'll be 9w 4d and then I go again March 25 for my appt, I'll be 13 weeks!

Wanting-a-girl
February 11th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Can't wait for all our nub shots to start rolling in :D

Elements
February 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM
My 12 weeks scan is in 1 week! Eeek so excited!
I hope to get a nub shot but not to sure if the sonographer will know what im talking about lol

Salsa
February 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
My 12 weeks scan is in 1 week! Eeek so excited!
I hope to get a nub shot but not to sure if the sonographer will know what im talking about lol

Mine is on the 1st of March. I'll be 12wks and 4days. I too want a nub shot, but may be a little embarrassed about asking.... I'll feel so silly if they dont know what Im talking about!! lol

Wanting-a-girl
February 11th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I don't know if I will actuall ask... I probably will lol I dont mind looking crazy lol... I will have my eyes peeled the eniptire time regardless so hopefully I get a good peek :)

Elements
February 12th, 2013, 02:04 AM
its all so exciting!! cant wait. but man - i really want a real bump, im in such a fat stage right now!!

Longingforgirl
February 12th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mine is on the 1st of March. I'll be 12wks and 4days. I too want a nub shot, but may be a little embarrassed about asking.... I'll feel so silly if they dont know what Im talking about!! lol

Yeah, mine is on Feb 28, and I am already wondering how to ask for a nub shot. They will definately NOT know what I'm talking about.. lol. Doc told me he can't tell gender before 18 or 19 weeks. Lol, can't possibly wait so long!

I'm already excited about everyone's nub shots here. :fx:

luvalittleman
February 12th, 2013, 04:52 AM
You guys crack me up.
Wait until they are almost finished and then ask politely if they could run their magic wand over the genital area. Say you have a bunch of friends who are obsessed with guessing gender from first scans based on what's down below and would they humour you and get a shot.
Most will say yes. Occasionally you get one that says no.
It's nothing to be embaressed about.

Girlsway
February 12th, 2013, 04:53 AM
My 12 wk scan is in less than a week now (Monday 18th). The sonographer promised to have a go at predicting the gender. I am so excited but also worried its the opposite. I wonder how will I react. How are you ladies preparing for the fact it could be the opposite?

Mum to three girls
February 12th, 2013, 06:29 AM
My 12 wk scan is in less than a week now (Monday 18th). The sonographer promised to have a go at predicting the gender. I am so excited but also worried its the opposite. I wonder how will I react. How are you ladies preparing for the fact it could be the opposite?

I think I'll be fine either way, I love having little girls. It's DH who will have gender disappointment.

I'm so jealous of everyone with their scan dates etc. My ob will see me in about three weeks which is AGES away. She'll do a scan herself but I won't get a referral from her for the high risk obstetric scanning place for Really Old Women (lol) until then. I really want a scan NOW because I feel so un-pregnant. No sickness, no smell sensitivity, no sore breasts. I'm more sleepy than usual but that's a pretty vague symptom especially given I've three young daughters (and Miss DD3 has been annoyingly wakeful). I hope everything's OK. I've no bleeding or cramps or anything serious but I feel so "normal" it's hard to imagine that there's really something in there!

Thorz300
February 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Ugh I feel so sick but never throw up! I also feel lazy! Because I've been so sick I've lost 2 lbs but I still feel like I look like I've been eating too many donuts! This is the beginning of that awkward stage where you don't look pregnant yet and you just feel fat! I started really showing at 10 weeks with my last pregnancy so if that's the case this time then I only have 3 weeks left in this awkward stage

Salsa
February 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
its all so exciting!! cant wait. but man - i really want a real bump, im in such a fat stage right now!!

OMG, I got a real bump at about 7weeks!! Seriously, I look 5 months pregnant already and Im not joking! I have always popped out super early and this time even earlier!

Salsa
February 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM

We are not finding out at all what we are having until the birth (we've done this for all 3) so a nub shot was going to be my only insight into what I may have.
To be honest, Im really feeling ok about the possibility of this being our 3rd boy... I love my 2 boys soooooooo much, they have brought such joy to our lives I know I will get over any GD I may (and will) get.
I know its easy to say all this now, as there is still hope this is a girl.... lol May be harder to swallow my own words when Im actually presented with the news though!

Salsa
February 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
ok, quick question.
warning TMI:
Today Ive had an upset tummy. Have had diarrhea and its not going away. I dont feel like vomiting (well no more so than usual at the moment with ms) and I dont have a fever.
Im thinking its something I ate, but then I havent eaten anything else than what my husband has eaten and he is fine. The only thing I have had which he hasnt is a few cookies from subway (I didnt have any subway sandwich - just the choc chip cookies) Im SUPER careful with what I eat whilst pregnant and prepare all my food correctly. I cant see how its the cookies?? But Im worried something may have harmed the baby... I know paranoid!! Im no less paranoid on the 4th pregnancy as I was on the 1st.
I go for a quick little scan at work tomorrow so will hopefully see a lovely healthy 10 week old baby! Has anyone ever had unexplained diarrhea in pregnancy??

Wanting-a-girl
February 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Could be the cookie... The make them so maybe bad batter or they are old... Hopefully it passes in the next couple hours

fish2012
February 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
12 week scan 27 feb, seems to have dragged so much both boys such surprise only had to wait 6 weeks for the scan knowing from day o makes the wait seem like forever!

Gender scan booked 29 march

luvalittleman
February 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM

My 12 weeks scan is also Monday 18th. I don't expect to see anything as I never have been able to on any of the others but it would be nice.
I am not well prepared to hear girl again for the 4th time I have to be honest. It won't be the end of the world, bit it will be the end of a dream I've had for a long time and that will be hard to part with.
I already have three amazing girls. I want to know what a son is like.

fish2012
February 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
ok, quick question.
warning TMI:
Today Ive had an upset tummy. Have had diarrhea and its not going away. I dont feel like vomiting (well no more so than usual at the moment with ms) and I dont have a fever.
Im thinking its something I ate, but then I havent eaten anything else than what my husband has eaten and he is fine. The only thing I have had which he hasnt is a few cookies from subway (I didnt have any subway sandwich - just the choc chip cookies) Im SUPER careful with what I eat whilst pregnant and prepare all my food correctly. I cant see how its the cookies?? But Im worried something may have harmed the baby... I know paranoid!! Im no less paranoid on the 4th pregnancy as I was on the 1st.
I go for a quick little scan at work tomorrow so will hopefully see a lovely healthy 10 week old baby! Has anyone ever had unexplained diarrhea in pregnancy??

i had it for the first 6 weeks i was preggie which was odd, now annoyed as normal preggie service resumed and i'm back the other way ;-S

sure it's nothing to stress about pumpkin x

fish2012
February 12th, 2013, 04:04 PM

badly i should imagine! ;-S

Girlsway
February 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
My 12 weeks scan is also Monday 18th. I don't expect to see anything as I never have been able to on any of the others but it would be nice.
I am not well prepared to hear girl again for the 4th time I have to be honest. It won't be the end of the world, bit it will be the end of a dream I've had for a long time and that will be hard to part with.
I already have three amazing girls. I want to know what a son is like.

It's the same for me, it wouldnt be a bad thing if it was a boy (he'd fit in well) but it would be the end of my dream to have the mother and daughter relationship.

I guess that's something one can't be prepared for.

Good luck with your scan luvalittleman, I hope you see a boy thing there! Let us know how you get on.

Girlsway
February 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
badly i should imagine! ;-S

Thats my worry too!

Thorz300
February 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Oh man I don't know how this happened but I was just looking at baby things online and found myself browsing the girl bedding and nursery stuff!! I have never allowed myself to do that during ANY of my 3 previous pregnancies, not even in the 1st trimester. Now for the first time EVER somehow I betrayed myself and did it. Ugh I shouldn't have....however this is the first time in any of my pregnancies that I have felt that I MIGHT be carrying a girl.... I pretty much knew from the very beginning with all 3 that I was having a boy, this time I don't feel that certainty....I try and convince myself it's a boy to protect myself, and I really do feel like I am at a place that I am ok with 4 boys, but that doesn't mean that I don't REALLY REALLY WANT A GIRL.....I just hate that I allowed myself to be weak and look at all that cute girl bedding :(

Salsa
February 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM
i had it for the first 6 weeks i was preggie which was odd, now annoyed as normal preggie service resumed and i'm back the other way ;-S

sure it's nothing to stress about pumpkin x

Thanks, bit worried as my tummy is very flat this morning and I usually have a rather big bump... Going for a scan today so hopefully its all ok....
Its stopped and I guess makes sense I dont have much of a bump if my bowel is empty!!

Will let you know how my scan goes x

Elements
February 12th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Thats my worry too!

Same

Salsa
February 13th, 2013, 02:57 AM
scan went well. Baby dating a couple days ahead, so all is going well. Cannot wait until the 1st of march for my 12 wk scan!!! MS really bad today.... Exhausted and struggling with the 3 little munchkins!

fish2012
February 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM
scan went well. Baby dating a couple days ahead, so all is going well. Cannot wait until the 1st of march for my 12 wk scan!!! MS really bad today.... Exhausted and struggling with the 3 little munchkins!

yeahy glad it went well stick up a picky when you have time!

Girlsway
February 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Glad it's all ok Salsa!

4Giffins
February 13th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Jealous of all these gals with 12 wk scans coming up! Am I the only one whos doctors office doesnt routinely do a 12 wk scan? Im not even sure what it is done for! LOL. Luckily for me I have had an early ultrasound in both of my previous pregnancies because they were unable to hear the heartbeat with the droppler. At 15 wks with the first and 11 wks with the second. My first OB appt is next week so Im hoping given my history I can finagle and ultrasound at my second appt at 13 wks!

Salsa
February 14th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Ok, grizzle alert:
Just found out a friend just had a little girl today. Im happy for her, but cant help to feel a stab of jealousy. I dont know what Im having, but the thought of it being another boy is getting me down a bit today. Normally I feel ok about the fact it may (and most probably will be) a boy, but it just feels like a little pang every time I see someone I know have a little girl.... Ok, rant over!

Northern_Shutterbug
February 14th, 2013, 05:08 AM
urgh, feeling really rough today :-& all because I ate a HUGE amount of chip shop chips last night

Thorz300
February 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Ugh I have been feeling so sick lately, I have now lost 5 lbs so I've lost the little I gained in the first 5 weeks! I can't move, the thought of food makes me want to vomit. The only thing I can stomach is ice water and ice-cream. I've never suffered from morning sickness, so this is all new :( I'm not really throwing up much, just super nauseated! I'm bummed that I am feeling sick today because it is Valentines day, and for the last 8 years I have made my husband chicken cordon bleu with mornay sauce on a rice pilaf and steamed veggies with a white chocolate cake topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberry sauce for dinner, and I just know I wont be able to do that today :( my house is a complete wreck because I haven't been able to tend to my daily chores either, wow this is gonna be a lame Valentines Day! I am afraid to take any morning sickness meds so I am just gonna have to push through this.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Geez I forgot to take my diclectin last night FML! Thorz if you are feeling sick all the time get something! Diclectin is class A... I was just really sleepy for the first 5 days

The 12 week u/s is to check for neural tube defects like downs and tris 13 ... I only get it cause I want to see the baby I would def never terminate because of a disability everyone should get their fighting chance at life...

What is everyone's intuition telling about the sex? My intuition is trying to tell me girl but I keep shutting it up lol I do t want to trust it! The only reason I think girl is cause I was literally never sick with any three of my boys and never had any food aversions with them and this pregnancy I am sick every day and I basically hate everything which I am normall someone who loves to eat! And I am now forcing myself to eat!
I am also the biggest bitch lol and with the boys I hate to admit it but I was quite weepy...

I think my morning sickness might be starting to fade a bit now! :D

How's everyone feeling as we approach trimester two? I only have about two weeks left!

Thorz300
February 14th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Geez I forgot to take my diclectin last night FML! Thorz if you are feeling sick all the time get something! Diclectin is class A... I was just really sleepy for the first 5 days

The 12 week u/s is to check for neural tube defects like downs and tris 13 ... I only get it cause I want to see the baby I would def never terminate because of a disability everyone should get their fighting chance at life...

What is everyone's intuition telling about the sex? My intuition is trying to tell me girl but I keep shutting it up lol I do t want to trust it! The only reason I think girl is cause I was literally never sick with any three of my boys and never had any food aversions with them and this pregnancy I am sick every day and I basically hate everything which I am normall someone who loves to eat! And I am now forcing myself to eat!
I am also the biggest bitch lol and with the boys I hate to admit it but I was quite weepy...

I think my morning sickness might be starting to fade a bit now! :D

How's everyone feeling as we approach trimester two? I only have about two weeks left!

OMG I could have written this myself, I feel the exact same way.... I feel deep down it might be a girl but I keep trying to shut that feeling down because I don't want to get hurt. With ALL 3 of my boys (especially DS3) I knew it was a boy and didn't even allow myself to entertain the thought of a girl. This time I feel like it might just be a girl but then I quickly dismiss that thought to protect myself. I NEVER got ms with my boys and now I have it pretty bad. My cravings and aversions are out of control and have been since day 1, with my boys I had a few cravings later on in pregnancy but they were always pot roast and potatoes (I do not eat red meat normally) with this pregnancy I first craved root beer, now I cant stand the thought of it, then boiled eggs, now they sound gross, then my craving went to salads and veggies, now I don't care much for them. Right now, if I can eat at all, I want oranges, fresh pineapple, or grapefruit. Ugh I can't keep up with these cravings, I'll eat them and only them for like a week then I wont be able to stomach them again. So far this pregnancy is developing much much differently than my other 3 which were the exact same. If I am being totally honest with myself, I think this is a girl, it is just too hard to admit it to anyone! So when the subject comes up, I know I will tell everyone that I think its a boy!

Oh and I am super grumpy too, I wasn't weepy or emotional at all with my boys, but with this pregnancy I have a very short fuse... :( my poor boys!

Girlsway
February 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Ok, grizzle alert:
Just found out a friend just had a little girl today. Im happy for her, but cant help to feel a stab of jealousy. I dont know what Im having, but the thought of it being another boy is getting me down a bit today. Normally I feel ok about the fact it may (and most probably will be) a boy, but it just feels like a little pang every time I see someone I know have a little girl.... Ok, rant over!

I feel with you. I was holding a tiny baby girl today and her mum was beaming with happiness (she already has a boy). She was so sweet and it felt so great to hold her but at the same time it made me sad that I might not ever have that.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I had a dream last night I had my u/s and it was a girl nub... Havnt had an u/s dream in a few days

I feel bad for my kids too cause I'm so short fused but it really comes in handy for telemarketers they no longer phone lmfao

My cravings this time and I don't know if it's just cause I'm not eating very good I'm having lots of days wanting milkshakes, icecream (I HATE icecream and milkshakes HATE) and I'm liking apples and strawberries I'm usually a very savory eater with my first two boys I was craving vinager before Bfp lol people thought I was crazy with my second I had a bit of a phase with cherry coke and I'm in Canada where there is no cherry coke :( so my dad paid some transport truck driver to get me some lol

Are you finding out the sex Thorz?

Thorz300
February 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Yes I am for sure finding out the sex because I need time to cope with any GD. I don't want the first moments with my son to be GD and I know if I wait and do the surprise thing, If I hear the words "its a BOY" then the first thing I will feel is sadness, and I don't think that is fair to the baby and I would feel terrible, so it is best for me to find out now and have time to cope with any GD, I truly feel like I will be ok with 4 boys but I know I will need time to mourn the loss of my chances at having my little daughter so I need to do that before the baby comes so we can love and bond with one another.

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I know I will be fine with another boy as well but it would be givin up the dream of having a daughter and I think finding out its a boy at birth will sting a bit so I think it's best to find out during pregnancy just so I can get excited for him....

WantingPink
February 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Ugh I have been feeling so sick lately, I have now lost 5 lbs so I've lost the little I gained in the first 5 weeks! I can't move, the thought of food makes me want to vomit. The only thing I can stomach is ice water and ice-cream. I've never suffered from morning sickness, so this is all new :( I'm not really throwing up much, just super nauseated! I'm bummed that I am feeling sick today because it is Valentines day, and for the last 8 years I have made my husband chicken cordon bleu with mornay sauce on a rice pilaf and steamed veggies with a white chocolate cake topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberry sauce for dinner, and I just know I wont be able to do that today :( my house is a complete wreck because I haven't been able to tend to my daily chores either, wow this is gonna be a lame Valentines Day! I am afraid to take any morning sickness meds so I am just gonna have to push through this.

Sorry you aren't feeling well but if I remember right you did want MS right? I have had it really bad with all my PG. Somethings that might give you relief are fresh lemon juice in your water (this really helps), vinegar based foods (like olives and pickles, I even drink the pickle juice and feel fantastic), ginger root in a capsule (get this from a real deal heath food store and make sure it is only the root and not the extract), an all protein breakfast (right now I am having scrambled eggs with ham and cheese). These are just some tricks that have really worked for me over the years. I have found the less I eat the better I feel so I try to just have small high protein snacks all day long. Hope this is a good sign for you that it might be a girl!! Also, B6 and magnesium have given some people relief. I also read somewhere that if you are deficient in a particular vitamin that you will have MS with a girl but not sure if that is true.

Girlsway
February 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I know I will be fine with another boy as well but it would be givin up the dream of having a daughter and I think finding out its a boy at birth will sting a bit so I think it's best to find out during pregnancy just so I can get excited for him....

Totally agree!

Thorz300
February 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Sorry you aren't feeling well but if I remember right you did want MS right? I have had it really bad with all my PG. Somethings that might give you relief are fresh lemon juice in your water (this really helps), vinegar based foods (like olives and pickles, I even drink the pickle juice and feel fantastic), ginger root in a capsule (get this from a real deal heath food store and make sure it is only the root and not the extract), an all protein breakfast (right now I am having scrambled eggs with ham and cheese). These are just some tricks that have really worked for me over the years. I have found the less I eat the better I feel so I try to just have small high protein snacks all day long. Hope this is a good sign for you that it might be a girl!! Also, B6 and magnesium have given some people relief. I also read somewhere that if you are deficient in a particular vitamin that you will have MS with a girl but not sure if that is true.

Thanks for the tips. I did want morning sickness, and although it isn't fun, it does make me more hopeful that this might be a pinky!

Mum to three girls
February 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
OMG I could have written this myself, I feel the exact same way.... I feel deep down it might be a girl but I keep trying to shut that feeling down because I don't want to get hurt. With ALL 3 of my boys (especially DS3) I knew it was a boy and didn't even allow myself to entertain the thought of a girl. This time I feel like it might just be a girl but then I quickly dismiss that thought to protect myself. I NEVER got ms with my boys and now I have it pretty bad. My cravings and aversions are out of control and have been since day 1, with my boys I had a few cravings later on in pregnancy but they were always pot roast and potatoes (I do not eat red meat normally) with this pregnancy I first craved root beer, now I cant stand the thought of it, then boiled eggs, now they sound gross, then my craving went to salads and veggies, now I don't care much for them. Right now, if I can eat at all, I want oranges, fresh pineapple, or grapefruit. Ugh I can't keep up with these cravings, I'll eat them and only them for like a week then I wont be able to stomach them again. So far this pregnancy is developing much much differently than my other 3 which were the exact same. If I am being totally honest with myself, I think this is a girl, it is just too hard to admit it to anyone! So when the subject comes up, I know I will tell everyone that I think its a boy!

Oh and I am super grumpy too, I wasn't weepy or emotional at all with my boys, but with this pregnancy I have a very short fuse... :( my poor boys!

I had moderate morning sickness with the girls and I've had nothing with this one. Not even smell sensitivity. I seriously don't even feel pregnant. I'm also hopeful that this means a boy baby!

Wanting-a-girl
February 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Omg I fed the cats today and I almost threw up lol

Thorz300
February 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
So my morning sickness lifted last night and now today, I feel like I'm eating everything in sight just to make up for the last week! I don't know when or if it will come back again so I'm livin it up now! Chinese food last night for valentines day and two big cheesy bean burritos for lunch, not to mention all the candy I've been munching on!!

Wanting-a-girl
February 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
mine went away almost completley for 4 days a few weeks back i think when i was 7 weeks it came roaring back lol

Wanting-a-girl
February 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
fingers crossed that yours is gone tho!!!

WantingPink
February 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
So my morning sickness lifted last night and now today, I feel like I'm eating everything in sight just to make up for the last week! I don't know when or if it will come back again so I'm livin it up now! Chinese food last night for valentines day and two big cheesy bean burritos for lunch, not to mention all the candy I've been munching on!!

That is usually how it goes. You will feel good/better for a day or two then feel really crappy for a couple of days. I have always thought it might be your body adjusting to the new levels of hormones. Hope you continue to feel better!

Thorz300
February 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I was worried that it might come back, that is why I'm eating whatever I feel like now, because I lost 5-6 lbs during the morning sickness weeks so I wouldn't mind gaining a little back.

Elements
February 16th, 2013, 03:01 AM
anyone buying maternity pants yet? I prefer to buy online (dont live near shops), anyone got any good sites for a lower budget?

Thorz300
February 16th, 2013, 10:04 AM
anyone buying maternity pants yet? I prefer to buy online (dont live near shops), anyone got any good sites for a lower budget?

I just have the same ones Ive had from all my other pregnancies, but I would love new stuff, so I would love to hear of places too!

Wanting-a-girl
February 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
i bought a belly band this time

and i have pants from my last pregnancy does old navy ship to you?

fish2012
February 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
thorz pleased your feeling a bit better mines begining to lift a bit if I eat too much sugar or get too tired it comes back but other than most days I'm not too bad now whaoooooooooooooooo

fish2012
February 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
okay UK ladies (and maybe others don't know when your school terms start!)
I know this sounds silly but I really really want baby to be born before 31 Aug my ds1 and ds2 are one school year after the other and I really only want one years gap between ds2 and ds3/dd! it's finanical too with the vouchers for childcare etc. My due dates 09/09 so i really want bubba to be just 10 days early! ds1 was 10 days late and ds2 3 days ;-S

Anyone got any tips now I've started feeling less ick i'm going to start exercising at least 3 times and week, not eat more than 1700cals, and start the raspberry leaf capsuales at 32 weeks!

any tips?

fish2012
February 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hello

we're planning to tell ds's about bubba after 12 week scan which is a wednesday and due to work we won't be togther to tell them until the sunday ;-S which is annoying as i wanna tell my friends!

Any tips on breaking news to lill ones ds1 now 3 and ds2 20 months, ds1 was only 15 months wehn i had ds2 i don't think he got it the day before tbh!

Northern_Shutterbug
February 16th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Fish, I understand about the wanting baby to come early. I'm due the 6th and DS1 was 8 days late and DS2 was 14 days late (by scan dates anyway, my dates made them less late). It means another year paying for preschool but luckily we get the 15 hours free - do you not get this? I tried to think on the positive side in that they'll be one of the biggest when they do start school!

As for telling your LOs, I still don't know how we'll do it, but may find heartbeat on the doppler and ask them what they think it is, then tell them.

luvalittleman
February 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I feel with you. I was holding a tiny baby girl today and her mum was beaming with happiness (she already has a boy). She was so sweet and it felt so great to hold her but at the same time it made me sad that I might not ever have that.

Good luck today Girlsway. Hope you see a beautiful healthy baby girl.
xx

Girlsway
February 17th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Good luck today Girlsway. Hope you see a beautiful healthy baby girl.
xx

Good luck Luvalittleman, I will be thinking of you. I hope you see a healthy boy there! Let us know as soon as you can xx